Chuwi Hi8 Windows 10 image

Chuwi Hi8 Windows 10 image

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi8 Discussion Chuwi Hi8 Windows 10 image

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 153 total)
  • Author
    Roni Alush
    Participant

Sounds like bad luck.

Try my method: download the tool on the tablet and install Windows 10. I needed an external USB stick to have enough space to download Windows 10. Windows also saved the previous Windows 8 installation on that USB stick so I can have an option to roll back if I choose.

Martijn
    Participant

Activation is no problem. Chris already explained it in his post. Look for the first post in this topic. There is a English translation of the Chinese Chuwi topic.

On the last page is the method to activate this Windows version.

Joseph Gregory
    Participant

Hi,

Ok cool.

I tried downloading both versions of the image and WinRAR told me they were corrupted and wouldn’t let me extract them so I’m stuck downloading the really slow version from the Chuwi website 🙁

wilmafingerdo
    Participant

Image is corrupted in the install.wim

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Zed
    Participant

Clean install (format) increased my Windows C drive from 13GB to 19GB.

Downloaded from Windows 10 download page, then I installed (with USB keyboard and mouse because touch didn’t work):

Chuwi Hi8 Touch installer to calibrate touch (needs reboot).

Insyder app for dual boot button.

@roni-aluch where you find the Insyder application?

Joseph Gregory
    Participant

Yeah I think its a TT server issue, I just tried to download the original Windows 8.1 files and part one and part two are also corrupt. I’m downloading the Windows 10 image and i’ll upload it to my Google Drive for people to download.

But it is very slow. I have a 80Mb download speed and the download is maxing out at 0.2Mb per second…only 3hours 20 minutes to go :-/

Martijn
    Participant

I’ve downloaded the image right here on tech tablets. But it was on a Mac and I’ve  extracted it also in OS X without a problem.

Maybe you can use a different extraction application?

Joseph Gregory
    Participant

I had the same idea.

I have now tried it on two work PC’s at my office and now I’m at home on my Mac and each time the download has shown to be corrupt.

But like I posted earlier I found the same with other downloads off TechTablets.

Nizar Oukhchi
    Participant

After installing windows 10 i dont find the insyde app anymore..

Barong
    Participant

This is the updated link form the Chuwi forum:

http://yunpan.cn/ccCdxgdmKZD8F

Code: 976d

The one from OP is no longer available.

Chris G
    Keymaster

That’s odd you’re getting errors, I checked with within Winrar before uploading it and it was fine. I’ll get a mirror up asap. Sorry for the problems.

I’ve also adjusted the server to send the file via using the native PHP function fpassthru, it seems an issue with large files.

Edit: It’s working, I downloaded it and extract without errors using Winrar 5. Please try again and use Winrar to extract the rar file.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Gregy
    Participant

I’ve worked it out, there is an Application that you need to download called Double Driver which you can find Via Google.

Anyways I have JUST! got my tablet up and running and its working like a Dream, Will Create another post to help those that are struggling with there installs 🙂

Roni Alush
    Participant
    JEFFREY P RUDZINSKI
    Participant

I initially downloaded the image from the google drive link on this thread.  Tried to unzip it using winrar 5.3 after downloading it and trying to extract it on multiple computers.  All say it is corrupt.  Something about unexpected end to data.  I’ve tried to download the image off this site a number of times on various computers both at home and at work and the download cuts out on its own, normally between 1.8 and 2.3 gb.  I suppose the Chuwi site is all that is left?

I am also wondering, if I intend to totally get rid of Android, is there any reason I cannot just use Windows 10 x64 files downloaded to a USB stick from the Microsoft ISO website? Will I need drivers afterward?

Chris G
    Keymaster

Windows 10 32bit home is what you need and just restore the double drivers after. Try the download again. I made a change to the server that should allow for larger downloads without them cutting out.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 153 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar