Ezbook 3 – A diary with some hints how to get the most out of your Jumpers

Ezbook 3 – A diary with some hints how to get the most out of your Jumpers

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Ezbook 3 – A diary with some hints how to get the most out of your Jumpers

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Chupa
    Participant

After 24 hours test I am back to my old windows 10 1703.
    There was the difference in used memory from 1.5 to 1.6GB on my Apollo Lake with measured after start up. (I did another test after I installed everything what I had on the 1703 before to compare fair)
    The Windows installation was good 3-4Gb less but I just discovered that my GTA V did not run because directX 10 was missing in this windows, so I installed it. My GTA V did run pretty sluggish even with throttlestop and no limit and no turbo time limit –  and then it started to crash with a dark screen and a few seconds later the sound died too. Only a hard reset could revive my Jumper.
    I tried a few things more but the results were not as promising as I hoped.

So I my case with my, already optimized nearly to the max win10, the win light was a disappointment because of instability, the nearly no difference in RAM usage and there was no positive feel regarding more speed or being more snappy compared to my setup.

So from the shown 400KB memory (compressed)???
    to realistic 1.5GB on my Apollo Lake to run win 10  light (with things still to install) –
    or 1.6GB on a good and stable running win10 1703 system –
    well you do the math.

@Jonathan

Go back to windows 7, I wish I could but it is locked out on the Apollo Lake by the INTEL / Microsoft Mafia

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Chupa
    Participant

well I tinkered a bit more with my win 10 1703 and it is now lower on memory usage than the sasnet version with more tasks running in the background.

and here is how my UI looks

Attachments:

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Chris G
    Keymaster

1.1Gb RAM use that’s impressive. You must have put in many hours to get that and a lot of tweaking. For now, the SASnet Windows 10 stays on my Teclast F7, it’s running well and finally, I sorted out an issue with no being about to print, had to turn on the print spooler in services.msc and set it to automatic from disabled. Seems the guy that made the ISO never prints so disabled it.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Chupa
    Participant

nope, 15 min with this

and this (screen shot) was not even installed.
    This is from a several hours running 3S with lots of progs opened and closed.

the MC installed and 1 click from 2.4 to 1.5 GB

Attachments:

Need Help?

Chupa
    Participant

Working in a sunny surrounding the mirror tf screen really shines, here you see the sun shining on the Jumper and me sitting in front taking a picture. look at the shadow to get an idea how bright the surrounding is. The screen looks brighter than in the unretouched photo and is perfect to read.

Attachments:

Need Help?

Chris G
    Keymaster

Yes your screen looks perfectly readable in that photo. You should have seen the D-Book Pro screen in the sun, it’s 460 lux and matte coating made it super easy to use in even direct sunlight.

P.S That ginger cat on the left looks a bit like my ginger cat.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:

Chupa
    Participant

Chris I tried to measure the screen brightness via Android phone sensor. But it is a pain in the butt. What do you use?

and regarding caz, I often think I am the equivalent to a crazy cat lady. 3 babies found on the beach in Gran Canaria while walking our 2 dox, one ginger baby (pic) found in the orange fields and the one you was dumped on me by some neighbors, he was 6 months old a good kilo light, now he is 1 year old, 5 kg. When he was dumped, they called him Garfield what I found the wrong name for a tiny caz. I called him NoMas (translation: not more!) I never seen an animal grow so fast.

Attachments:

Need Help?

Chris G
    Keymaster

I have a light meter for that and also use my Sypder5 Pro to measure the screens.

A bit like me then, we have 3. Vera the black and white we got from a cat shelter, she was dumped with 6 kittens in a big rubbish bin and someone saved her later we took her on. The ginger cat we found in the area and was abandoned. And the other cat, Rafa, he was our neighbors. But she died too we adopted him and look after him. We would have 4 cats, but one sadly got cancer and died, she was also abandoned. But only Vera is allowed inside.

We also want no more! Nice photo with the dog.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Chupa
    Participant

Learned something new today regarding sunlight. If the sun shines at you and your canary bright shirt reflects like crazy onto you reflective screen, then the matte screens are much to prefer. But if the sun comes from the side or back than a reflective screen works better.

Tested with 1 reflective tf Jumper, 2  non reflective tf 15″ and 1 non reflective ips Thomson.

And working with all 4  over several hours, I always come back to the plastic case 3s what after 5 months shows already signs of usage, like a self inflicted scratch and some paint wear on the corners where the palms rest. The silver is not the main color but white is the color of the plastic.

Need Help?

Chupa
    Participant

It is now exactly 5 months since the Jumper 3S works here, or better I work on him or her or it.
    Today we went into space.

I tried the Enterprise Long-Term Servicing Branch version, since I like the no updates for a long time.
    But if¡t was a full disaster. see picture
    Windows did not find even the simplest Intel drivers.
    A Double Driver backup and restore did more damage than it installed even the simplest of drivers.

And trying by click and point showed so fancy messages like this intel driver is not signed please ask your vendor for a working driver.

A total CRAP experience it was like the captain of the Enterprise constantly voicing the Emoji POO and saying oh Poo this did not work either.

If somebody got an Enterprise LTSB version running on a N3450, PLEASE do tell!

Oh and that is the nice thing when you have more than one m.2
    Clone the working, swap and mess up the clone.
    After all is Poo, just swap the m.2 and you are whee you were before your adventure.
    Then flatten the clone for new adventures.

I really love the usb3 m.2 case – it is so easy to clone or boot from usb cloned things or just see the data get transferred with over 400 in both directions.

I had no idea USB3 could be so fast.

Attachments:

Need Help?

Chris G
    Keymaster

USB 3 is fast enough and if it’s going to SSD, the speeds aren’t bad at all. I have a slim M.2 case and also clone drivers with it. But it only supports SATA3 which isn’t normally an issue but sometimes I want to clone my PC NVMe Samsung 960 Evo drivers or PM961’s and I can’t with it.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Chupa
    Participant

maybe you find something here

Need Help?

Chris G
    Keymaster

Thanks, got one of them. Just wanted a USB 3 one I’ll have to get one just there seem to be none?

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Giovanni
    Participant

maybe you find something here

What are you planning to do with this adapter?
    Obviously you can’t use it with normal USB devices

EZbook 3 Pro BIOS modder - find my work here
    If you want to tag me, my username is thegiolly

Chupa
    Participant

Yesterday was the day Intel went on my do never buy from list.
    I have my Jumper now 5 months, and since this time I try go get windows 7 or at least 8.1  working with it.
    I never invested so much time into a PC project, tried so many different things and went so deep down the rabbit hole.
    To make 5 months research short here is the answer in 3 pictures.

1. Windows refuses to install the basic VGA driver what you need to trick another driver to install. Yes, yes yes I know an tried all other alternatives, remember, I am with MS since before even there was windows I build Pc´s piece by piece, epromed bios, installed countless OS. So except for Me and Vista I did them all. And I did it for a lot of people, I even had my own brand.

To make you get video working, they use in 8.1 a fragment of the intel display audio what works in the resolutions but no brightness control and no speed at all.
    And what ever you try you can not get around to install the proper driver.

2. Intel lets you select even the right driver for the N3450 for win 7.1 x64 and 8.1 x64 and then you can download it as an exe or zip (you need the zip to do modifications) during install they tell you your hardware is not powerful enough or so.
    Whoever at M$ /Intel came up with that was either pure evil or a total moron – maybe a combination out of the 2.

3. and here they screw you Gen 6 is supported Gen 7 only win 10. N3450 is Gen 6 and a Celeron and it is supported.
    keep on reading and they tell you the Celeron processor formerly known as Apollo Lake (N3450 N3350) is ONLY win10
    And Yes you came from the Intel N3450 download page and could select 8.1 and you can download the driver.

Dear Intel after over 30 years with mostly Intel processors in my computers, you sold me the last.

Attachments:

Need Help?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar