EZbook 3 Pro – How to unlock the BIOS

EZbook 3 Pro – How to unlock the BIOS

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series EZbook 3 Pro – How to unlock the BIOS

This topic contains 498 replies, has 103 voices, and was last updated by  Osman 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 499 total)
  • Author

Giovanni
    Participant

You unlock the Advanced and Chipset menus

• Advanced -> CPU Configuration -> CPU Power Mangement -> Power Limit 1 is Enabled and limited to 9 -> <strong class=”d4pbbc-bold”>what to set here? Raising it to 15 or completely disable limit? What are pros/cons/risks of both options? How to veryfy improvements / if any?

Thanks

Read the first post

EZbook 3 Pro BIOS modder - find my work here
    If you want to tag me, my username is thegiolly

Dr.Fix
    Participant

Read 100 times, still cannot find setting suggestions.

Giovanni
    Participant

Read 100 times, still cannot find setting suggestions.

Temporary workaround for unlocking Power Limit 1:
    To unlock the 15W limit use RW everything, go to ‘Memory Dump’ and set start address to 00000000FED170A0 the you should see the pattern 00 06 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 89 DD 00 00 8F 00 00 change the 89 to 8F for 15W and the last two zeros 00 in the line to 01 to lock the 15W (this number will disappear after a second). Done
    This only works if you already unlocked the limit in the BIOS!

Dr.Fix
    Participant

Ok, that’s how to set 15W.

What I am asking is: What about other values? Does it heat? Is an additional thermal system needed?

What about all other bios settings? Are they useful for any reason or other situations?

I mean, there are hundred of things that could be said, I’m looking for a wider guide.

Giovanni
    Participant

Ok, that’s how to set 15W. What I am asking is: What about other values? Does it heat? Is an additional thermal system needed? What about all other bios settings? Are they useful for any reason or other situations? I mean, there are hundred of things that could be said, I’m looking for a wider guide.

thorsten
    Participant

Having downloaded the unlocked BIOS (I have 12/05/2017), I would basically just need to put the rom on an USB-Stick, along with AfuEfix64.efi and then do

Steps 1b (backup rom with ‘AfuEfix64.efi backup.rom /O’), as well as step 2.5.3 (flashing), right?

Giovanni
    Participant

Having downloaded the unlocked BIOS (I have 12/05/2017), I would basically just need to put the rom on an USB-Stick, along with AfuEfix64.efi and then do Steps 1b (backup rom with ‘AfuEfix64.efi backup.rom /O’), as well as step 2.5.3 (flashing), right?

Yes

PaulStone
    Participant

Can someone ho has got unlocked bios please take some tests with power limit 9W and no limits and post them, so we can see how much improvement gives this mod?

thorsten
    Participant

Having downloaded the unlocked BIOS (I have 12/05/2017), I would basically just need to put the rom on an USB-Stick, along with AfuEfix64.efi and then do Steps 1b (backup rom with ‘AfuEfix64.efi backup.rom /O’), as well as step 2.5.3 (flashing), right?

Yes

I couldn’t create the backup in the EFI-Shell (Step 1b) because the shell showed the filesystem of my usb-stick as “read-only”, however I could create the backup under Windows. After this, flashing the Rom in the EFI-Shell worked fine. Thank you very much.

SB
    Participant

Preparation: Put the rom you want to flash and most important your ORIGINAL rom on a USB stick! Put the AfuEfix64.efi either on your main drive e.g. C:\AfuEfix64.efi

any reason u put AfuEfix64.efi on emmc drive and roms on usb stick? can i put all of them on emmc without usb stick?

rajko
    Participant

I would like to help the problem suddenly unable BIOS to activate on the jumper ezbook 3 pro suddenly I do not know the reason for the race DEL does not work and neither Esc. I ask for help if someone knows.

PaulStone
    Participant

@rajko

did you mess with bios earlier? did you unlock bios? what’s going on right now when it is turn off and you power it up?

thorsten
    Participant

I would like to help the problem suddenly unable BIOS to activate on the jumper ezbook 3 pro suddenly I do not know the reason for the race DEL does not work and neither Esc. I ask for help if someone knows.

If you can still boot to windows, try this to access bios:

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/access-bios-windows-10

Then you can hopefully look in the bios, and change if something like “Fast Boot” is enabled or if the boot delay is set to zero.

Jens Hinkel
    Participant

Hello Guys. I have the following Problem. I could not find the entrys to ulock the bios. my version is 06/22/2017 vers 3BANS002.

i hope you can help me.

greetz from Germany

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Giovanni
    Participant

Hello Guys. I have the following Problem. I could not find the entrys to ulock the bios. my version is 06/22/2017 vers 3BANS002. i hope you can help me. greetz from Germany

That version is already factory unlocked

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 499 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password