EZbook 3 Pro – How to unlock the BIOS

EZbook 3 Pro – How to unlock the BIOS

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series EZbook 3 Pro – How to unlock the BIOS

Viewing 11 posts - 496 through 506 (of 506 total)
  • Author
    paulz5rz
    Participant

Hi everyone..  I am noobie on this and I stopped before I brick this thing.  My bios is:

Jumper10x.P8.WP3132.NHNAUHL03 11/02/18   This appears to be 1 iteration after Giovanni’s last upload for the unlocked bios’

I extracted the bios, got to the point where I was going to modify the setup file…  Guide showed true statements at 159BD and 159D2 that needed to be changed.  I found no true statements (46) from like 157** to well past 159**.

Indications were that if the setup file was different – to stop.  And I did…

I know I am late in the game here, almost 500 posts and 2 years into this issue but curious if anyone has any solutions or ideas..  I have a recently purchased Ezbook 3 pro w a locked down bios and an SSD that will not be recognized.

Any thoughts or if someone has unlocked this version already?

thanks in advance

Vassilis
    Participant

AfuEfix64.efi jumper.rom /P /B /N /reboot

I run this command and my YEPO is dead (BLACK screen, NO logo, NO BIOS)

Help meeee

YEPO is identical to Jumper EZBook 3 Pro

Vassilis
    Participant

This is for all the users that killed their EZbook 3 Pro by flashing the BIOS.
    You need to flash the BIOS SPI flash chip (GD25LQ64) with an external programmer (such as the CH341A) and a 1.8V adapter.
    To do this you have to solder some wires directly to the motherboard. The clip that it often used with SOP8 chips won’t work because this is a WSON8.
    If you are unable to do this by yourself, you can bring the notebook to a PC or electronics repair shop specialized in hardware repairs.
    I can also do this work for you for cheap, but you have to send the notebook to me.

AfuEfix64.efi jumper.rom /P /B /N /reboot

I run this command and my YEPO is dead (BLACK screen, NO logo, NO BIOS)

Help meeee

YEPO is identical to Jumper EZBook 3 Pro

Osman
    Participant

what is password?

Andrej
    Participant

what is password?

I tried “techtablets” and it worked.

Andrej
    Participant

Hello guys, for what’s worth I thought maybe I should post my very recent experience with Giovanni’s tutorial and how everything worked out for me with my Jumper Ezbook 3 pro v6 (bought on July, 2018 from Gearbest).

First of all, what I intended to do really was clone the emmc drive to the 240gb m.2 ssd I bought from eBay (brand name called “Oscoo”, been using it for about a year now, got it recognized straight away without any issues whatsoever). I was really afraid to do this cloning on the Jumper specifically because, after extended search and reading thoroughly in this forum and other places, I found out that lots of people were having cloning problems with the locked bios that caused Windows 10 to not work properly anymore. So in order to do a proper clone, the first step is to flash the unlocked bios Giovanni posted to us.

I found out what version of the bios I was using in the bios menu itself, using the date as reference. Mine was the Date 02/01/2018 16:10:57 Ver 3BANS010 Jumper10x.P8.WP3132.NHNAUHL02 one.

Second of all, indeed Giovannis tutorial is, at this point, a bit messy for someone with poor technical background in TI, like myself. Some of the instructions were really confusing, specially because as of now you don’t really have to do anything other that flash the provided unlocked bios our good friend provided.

That being said, once you find out what version of the bios you’re using, all you really have to do is download the correct one, along with the flashing tools (password = techtablets) and skip to step 2.5, called “Flash”.

The only tool you’ll really need is inside the AFU folder, and that is the AFUEFI one (AfuEfix64.efi archive inside the AFUEFI folder specifically). Just ignore all the other programs and tools. Also, be sure to have a usb drive with the original bios and the custom bios plugged in at all times during the process. Giovanni states that in the tutorial, but this is crucial, absolutely pay attention to this critical detail.

From that part on, instructions are understandable, although a little messy and oversimplified, but worked fine for me.

Bottom line is, once I flashed the unlocked bios (be absolutely sure to pick the correct one or you might lose your laptop forever), I can confirm that cloning went as smoothly as possible (I used MiniTool Partition Wizard, the very BEST free program for this in my humble opinion), I managed to start Windows 10 from the SSD after tweaking the boot order in the bios and even removed the emmc from the boot priority list altogether. Not a single problem occurred. (On a side note, it’s worth noting that the AOMEI Backupper program did not recognize my ssd for cloning, but the Mini Tools Partition did, keep that in mind).

When I was sure that Windows 10 was fully functional, up and running from the m.2 ssd (no Control Panel meddling was needed, just set the boot order properly with the ssd as number 1 and remove the emmc from the priority list), I then used again the MiniTool Partition Wizard to wipe the emmc and set it up as slow storage. After restart, everything was fine, wi-fi card was working properly, trackpad and Windows 10 in general were doing great, even with the newly created emmc storage drive being used solely for backups!

Power limits are unlocked and TDP is set to 9w by default with the unlocked bios, processor runs at 2099mhz on all four cores mainly. The Jumper logo is removed from the initialization screen and I have absolutely no problems with it, definitely recommend it for anyone who want to do a proper cloning to ssd with the Jumper Ezbook 3 pro!

I hope this little “review” of the process can help those who are afraid to do this procedure on their own and would like to thank and congratulate Giovanni for taking the time and effort to make this available to all of us, since support from Jumper is virtually non-existent.

Cheers from Brazil!

Andrej
    Participant

I just wrote a little review of this procedure but my post disappeared, don’t really understand why… Not going to write it again, all I’m going to say is that I can confirm that Giovanni’s tutorial worked for me and that I managed to clone emmc to ssd successfully with the Jumper Ezbook 3 pro v6 (July, 2018 from Gearbest) once the bios was unlocked. I even formated the emmc drive to use it as slow storage with no issues at all. I used Mini Tool Partition to do the whole cloning and had absolutely no problems with it.

Fabiano Souza
    Participant

Hi everyone!

What the password to extract the “Tools.rar” archive?

Fabiano Souza
    Participant

Hi everyone!

It’s done.

bios 02-01-18 unlocked.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Pasquale
    Participant

Hi to all and a great “Thank You” to Giovanni.

There is a modded BIOS version for my Ezbook (view image) ?

Thanks in advance.

Pasquale.

hix iv
    Participant

Hi!

Quick question: my ezbook 3 pro bios (Ver 3BANS010 12/05/17) displays “EVALUATION COPY”, before and after the successful flashing of the unlocked rom.

Is it normal?

Pic attached

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 11 posts - 496 through 506 (of 506 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password