Ezbook 3 Pro

Ezbook 3 Pro

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Ezbook 3 Pro

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Brad
    Participant

Andrez, another user told me Jumper used screenshots. I contacted them it’s okay but they had to give me credit at least. It’s not uncommon for retailers and AliExpress sellers to use my reviews. Almost none give me credit which sucks…

@Chris
    , If you’re not too tired of reviewing all the different Jumper (or Celeron N3450) devices, you should test the Jumper EZbook 3S and/or compare it to the Chuwi Lapbook 14.1.  The 3S has the same processor, screen size, but comes with a 256GB SSD.  Looks like a respectable machine for the money and now we know it’s likely possible to get Linux running on it  (via that guy’s EZbook 3 Pro thread over on Linuxquestions.org – link I posted above)

Brad
    Participant

Andrez, another user told me Jumper used screenshots. I contacted them it’s okay but they had to give me credit at least. It’s not uncommon for retailers and AliExpress sellers to use my reviews. Almost none give me credit which sucks…

@Chris, you gonna test the EZbook 3S?

Andrez
    Participant

Yeah that must be very frustrating  – thanks for clarifying Chris

Chris G
    Keymaster

@Brad – I’ll try to review the EZBook 3S once it’s released.

@andrez
    I checked the Jumper Aliexpress listing for the EZBook 3 Pro. I see what you mean now. They used my images like that, which wasn’t what I agreed to! I’ve asked them to take it down. They make it look like I’m indorsing it or something. They did contact me and I said you can use images of the notebook, but give me credit. They have not done that! So I’m pretty pissed off to say the least. So tired of websites using my images, stealing my reviews etc. They even uploaded my review to a Chinese video service without my permission.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Michael
    Participant

Hello, I’m trying to buy an Ezbook 3 pro. The jumper store on aliexpress has the M. 2 version but the price just went up and it’s above 307$ with shipping. On the other hand Geekbuying has it for 229$ (silver) and 249$ (gold) both shipped. I sent a message asking geekbuying if it’s the M.2 model… But still no reply. I’m eager to hit the buy button at that price… I mean 77$ difference is a lot of money on this price range. If I get stuck with the non M.2 do you think that keeping the OS on the Emmc and adding a 128gb SD card for storage will cripple the performance?  (will use it mainly for media consumption, web browsing, light Office and some League of Legends)

Eventually if anyone has some info on where I could buy the M.2 version at a good price let me know.

Cheers.

Brad
    Participant

Ezbook 3 pro

No I don’t think you will be unhappy with running on the eMMC.  I have run Manjaro Linux from a USB 3.0 drive (though on a different machine) and even with that it does not seem to run slow – though granted I’m not doing any high disk I/O intensive things.  It’s possible to also run an even leaner OS – for example Porteus Linux which runs entirely in memory, so that should  run even faster.  But even running Windows 10 on the eMMC I don’t see as a problem.
    Also if installing Linux I would create a separate 4GB swap partition.
    [Edit:] Chris’ (TechTablets) review says the eMMC performance is “very decent”.  So seems quite usable to me… https://youtu.be/GDeA3u0LwOY?t=437

Ojo Oluwasegun
    Participant

Hi guys! I am UoF in LinuxQuestions and I was able to make Lubuntu 17.04 runnning on EZB3 PRO. I am using it atm. @brad: yes, I am good step by step follower, and I must admit, that I have learned a lot during my struggle to make it work. I picked Lubuntu, because it isn’t resources hungry. When the bare system starts to X, process manager shows 259 MB of RAM used. I would like to know, how much would that be with xubuntu or ubuntu/mate, so if anyone of you installs it, let us know, please. What works (out of the box):

• audio and video playback in HD from youtube (tested with this favourite song of mine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8fFVOoqepc )
    • bluetooth kinda – I was given a free bt mouse from Jumper (maybe like compensaton for long waiting for the batch with ssd extension slot) and after pairing and setting it is pointing device, it just works, although it isn’t good mouse, it has problem to work on white desk, where my other wireless mouse to usb has no problems at all), but I was unable to send photo from my phone (Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro) to EZB via bt, but it pairs without problems. I made a test of wifi speed with this mouse connected and disconnected, and I didn’t experience speed drop as someone suggested.

What doesn’t work and needs further examination:

• touchpad – it doesn’t move cursor at all, instead it clicks (taps). I installed xinput and gpointing-device-settings (further g-p-s), and when I run g-p-s in terminal as root I get lots of X server errors – Bad Atom, bad Atom parameter in terminal. In gui of g-p-s and in xinput is my usb A4Tech mouse listed twice (don’t know why – maybe one id is reciever and the other is the mouse?) and CyPS/2 Cypress Trackpad. If I press Try button in g-p-s I get segmentation fault (it tries to allocate 80GB of ram, lol). It will need some command line tweaks for sure, but to me it doesn’t look like impossible, to make it work.
    • functional keys for audio: fn +F1, fn+F2, fn+F3 – volume up, volume down work, mute works too, but as soon as you mute, you are unable to unmute with any of the keys and must do it with mouse in audio panel in taskbar – again i think it’s matter of settings.

I have not tested the camera yet. atm I am awaiting SSD and usb3 hub with 100GB LAN support, especially the SSD should be huge boost to performance <3 and I won’t be limited with 64 gb of disk space for dual boot. anyone feel free to ask, but please be patient with me, I still consider myself to be new to linux and moreover I am a family guy with 6month old daughter and I can’t fiddle with notebook all night long as when I was student. ;))

Can you kindly post a step by step guide on how you got linux  to work on your jumper ezbook3 pro? I am looking to install elementary os of kde neon on mine. Thanks

Ulric
    Participant

Can you kindly post a step by step guide on how you got linux to work on your jumper ezbook3 pro? I am looking to install elementary os of kde neon on mine. Thanks

Hi Ojo,

please check my thread here, if that is enough “step by step” for you:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-laptop-and-netbook-25/jumper-ezbook-3-pro-can%27t-boot-from-usb-most-of-common-linux-distros-4175605766/

There are 2 main problems with ezb3pro concerning Linux installation :

a) 32bit UEFI, which doesnt want to boot 64bit grub bootloader from installation USB sticks

b) missing wifi driver

Both are addressed in the thread above. My succesful install procedure depends on isorespin script by Linuxium, which is capable of make bootable USB image from few official linux install images. Isorespin supports Ubuntu, Mint (maybe Debian, i can’t remeber atm) so you might be lucky with Elementary OS which is afaik kind of Ubuntu offspring. And I think there is always option to install one distro from another running (I have never tried this way).

I went dual boot way, and at one point I wouldn’t be able to easily continue without Windows. But what’s not easy for me, can be piece of cake for somebody more experienced.

Let me know, here or there, if everything is clear or you need more details.

Norg
    Participant

@Brad @Chris

The 3S does look promising. In fact, it seems easier to get it in China at the moment than the Silver Ezbook 3 pro with SSD slot. However, in  a comment somewhere else someone said it has a plastic body so it makes it think it could have the same keyboard flex problems that Chris pointed out with the Ezbook 3. I am skeptical but I would like to see it get a good rating as it has a bigger hard drive along with the same ram and cpu as the 3 pro.

Michael
    Participant

@brad @chris The 3S does look promising. In fact, it seems easier to get it in China at the moment than the Silver Ezbook 3 pro with SSD slot. However, in a comment somewhere else someone said it has a plastic body so it makes it think it could have the same keyboard flex problems that Chris pointed out with the Ezbook 3. I am skeptical but I would like to see it get a good rating as it has a bigger hard drive along with the same ram and cpu as the 3 pro.

Silver and Gold with M.2 SSD slot are available both on Aliexpress Jumper store. I did a lot of research in the past days as a result the only place I found with the M.2 model is aliexpress. Geekbuying has the silver one on sale atm but I have no idea if it’s M.2 or not… And they didn’t reply to my email so far. I just bought a Gold M.2 one on Aliexpress Jumper Store.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Some comments on my EZbook 3 review later people claimed their keyboards weren’t as bad so jumper must have done something. But I’ll find out when I get the EZBook 3S later next month.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Alberto Pescador
    Participant

Hi there,

I finally got the laptop yesterday, from the official supplier in Aliexpress. It works fine, but I have 2 concerns that I would llike to check with other buyers:

1- The metal around the camerae is not aligned. Please check the picture. Is this common in all laptops? from the videos of Chris I cannot see it very well. It seems like the camera has pushed a bit the metal out.

2- The trackpad works fine, but the accuracy is quite bad. Specially when I need to click on a small button, it really takes a few seconds to do that. Is this common for all users? Have anyone found a workaround?

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    sportnok
    Participant

The trackpad needs to be adjusted in the settings, pointer options>motion, I set it at the 3rd mark or the 10, and reduced the number of lines it would scroll to 5 or less. I’ve got the microsoft driver from 2015. When scrolling a website, I have found that if you leave one finger on the touchpad and move only the other finger it works better, If i scroll up and down a website it often scrolls in the wrong direction then goes in the right direction.

Maybe the metal hole surrounding your camera is a bit tight, will it just push down to make it flat? Mine looks flat.

Ojo Oluwasegun
    Participant

The trackpad needs to be adjusted in the settings, pointer options>motion, I set it at the 3rd mark or the 10, and reduced the number of lines it would scroll to 5 or less. I’ve got the microsoft driver from 2015. When scrolling a website, I have found that if you leave one finger on the touchpad and move only the other finger it works better, If i scroll up and down a website it often scrolls in the wrong direction then goes in the right direction. Maybe the metal hole surrounding your camera is a bit tight, will it just push down to make it flat? Mine looks flat.

I experience this too and my unit behaves exactly like this. The bezel area around my webcam is also a little pushed out like Alberto pointed out. I guess all those are minor issues.

However, I have one issue bothering me that I would also like to confirm with other buyers. About 3 – 4 days after receiving mine, I started noticing some occasional flicker at the lower part of my screen. The flicker is quite infrequent and it started with just a single row of pixels at the lower part of the screen. That row will just occasionally flicker to white. Even though its just a row f pixels, its quite obvious because of its contrast with the black task bar in windows 10. It think the problem might have increased to 2 rows of pixel or more now but I really cant say since its still rare and the flickering is quite fast. I really hope its not a problem with my panel as it would be such a deal breaker. Anybody experience it? Also, I’ll welcome insights on what the problem could be and what I can do. I really should make a video of this so you all can see.

Looking forward to your replies

sportnok
    Participant

With regard to the screen, does it happen at a particular brightness level?

Maybethe ribbon connector needs re-seating.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar