Ezbook 3 Pro

Ezbook 3 Pro

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Ezbook 3 Pro

This topic contains 72 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Brad 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)
  • Author

Simon
    Participant

Hey BAMxi, the LED next to the charge port is always red when plugged in, it doesn’t change based on charge level or anything, even when 100%. My windows config had a reserve % already set in the battery settings so I think you will find that you didn’t actually run it down to 0%, it went into hibernate with a few % left.

And the power led is only blue (left of the 3 leds on the keyboard).

The right led is scroll lock, also blue.

Does anyone know what the middle LED is???

BAMxi
    Participant

Thanks this is helpful. I have a Chromebook that has an LED next to the charging port, and it is orange while charging and turns green when at 100%. I mainly thought it was weird that when it’s plugged in at 100% charged, it still says charging 100% instead of “fully charged.” I’m not sure if there is actually a difference but I just would worry about overcharging if it is still trying to charge it when it’s aat 100% and damaging the battery. Going to try to run it all the way down to 0 somehow, will probably have to be outside of windows then. Maybe just leave it in the bios until it dies once the battery is low?

oh and i have no idea what that middle LED is for either. The only thing i can think of is how old computers with the spinning disk drives used to have an HDD indicator light too. but I have not seen this light come on during any activity including a virus scan.

Ulric
    Participant

Te 3rd LED is indicator of touchpad off / on (Fn + F12).

Ojo Oluwasegun
    Participant

The middle indicator is for caps lock

Michael
    Participant

Hey BAMxi, the LED next to the charge port is always red when plugged in, it doesn’t change based on charge level or anything, even when 100%

Myne turns to green once the battery is 100% charged….It’s a very weak green but it’s def green.  Check yours better 😉

sportnok
    Participant

My power led(version 2) went from red to green when it was fully charged, took about 4 hours.

Edit: Just charged my version 3 and sure enough the power led has stayed red. When I opened up windows, it said 100%, but it also said still charging.

Bernhard Birkhahn
    Participant

How is it possible to backup the system before installng the SSD? When I try to start Acronis True Image 2016, it only says “loading please wait”, but nothing happens?

BAMxi
    Participant

Does anyone with more advanced tech knowledge than myself know of a way to measure if it is still sending charge to the battery after it is full? I really don’t want to kill this battery straight away by not taking it off the charger immediately. I always leave it  to charge when I’m not going to be using it (overnight, leaving the house, etc).

Simon
    Participant

Even though others have said their LED changes to green, I can 100% guarantee mine stays red. Even after charging all night, at 100% and the notebook and charger are stone cold.

If you are worried your battery is being over charged and damaged, stick a multimeter in the battery terminals. Safe maximum voltage is 4.2V, anything over that is damaging it. There is a over charge protection circuit in the battery itself, in between the plug and the battery cells, underneath the black plastic. If it is being overcharged, that’s what needs to be replaced – but I highly doubt it.

BAMxi
    Participant

Even though others have said their LED changes to green, I can 100% guarantee mine stays red. Even after charging all night, at 100% and the notebook and charger are stone cold. If you are worried your battery is being over charged and damaged, stick a multimeter in the battery terminals. Safe maximum voltage is 4.2V, anything over that is damaging it. There is a over charge protection circuit in the battery itself, in between the plug and the battery cells, underneath the black plastic. If it is being overcharged, that’s what needs to be replaced – but I highly doubt it.

Nice, thank you. And yeah, I was mainly going off excess heat as well. Neither the outlet nor the battery felt warm at all even after all night charging, so I wasn’t overly concerned. I think for $219, I’ll just carry on as normal and hope for the best!

Wolf
    Participant

I think for $219, I’ll just carry on as normal and hope for the best!

Keep calm and carry on!
    A $219 M.2 version is the best you could get and I’m pretty sure you’ll get $150 in a year if you wanna flip it.

Good luck - WOLF

sportnok
    Participant

http://www.tomsguide.com/faq/id-2342991/calibrate-battery-windows-laptops.html

Maybe this will work for the battery led staying red.

John
    Participant

There are 2 main problems with ezb3pro concerning Linux installation : a) 32bit UEFI, which doesnt want to boot 64bit grub bootloader from installation USB sticks b) missing wifi driver Both are addressed in the thread above. My succesful install procedure depends on isorespin script by Linuxium

I try to install Mint on my EZBook Pro 3 but i did not work 🙁

At first two questions, pls:

1. On the Installing rEFInd Boot Manager HowTo Point 7 it is written that: “You may want to selectively delete some of the drivers in the <tt>drivers_x64</tt>, <tt>drivers_ia32</tt>, or <tt>drivers_aa64</tt> directory, depending on your architecture and needs. Unnecessary drivers will slow the rEFInd start process, and can even cause the drivers you need to not work or cause a system crash.”  Wich changes do you made at this Point?
    2. What is the exactly command you have entered on isorespin to respun the original ISO?

Thx .

Brad
    Participant

There are 2 main problems with ezb3pro concerning Linux installation : a) 32bit UEFI, which doesnt want to boot 64bit grub bootloader from installation USB sticks b) missing wifi driver Both are addressed in the thread above. My succesful install procedure depends on isorespin script by Linuxium

I try to install Mint on my EZBook Pro 3 but i did not work ? At first two questions, pls:

1. On the Installing rEFInd Boot Manager HowTo Point 7 it is written that: “You may want to selectively delete some of the drivers in the <tt>drivers_x64</tt>, <tt>drivers_ia32</tt>, or <tt>drivers_aa64</tt> directory, depending on your architecture and needs. Unnecessary drivers will slow the rEFInd start process, and can even cause the drivers you need to not work or cause a system crash.” Wich changes do you made at this Point?
    2. What is the exactly command you have entered on isorespin to respun the original ISO?

Thx .

First, I would try it with Lubuntu using the exact steps that Ulric used in his LinuxQuestions thread.  Only after you have that working would I try other distro’s like Mint.  You have to start from a known working state.  That way, you’ll know if your particular machine has a problem – like maybe it needs a BIOS upgrade or something because, note, that multiple people have gotten it Lubuntu to work using Linuxium’s isorespin script and the refind boot manager.
    http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-laptop-and-netbook-25/jumper-ezbook-3-pro-can't-boot-from-usb-most-of-common-linux-distros-4175605766/page2.html#post5714533

John
    Participant

Sorry for my poor English, maybe that’s the reason why you don’t understand me.

I try to follow the steps that Ulric used in his thread. My questions are part of that way.

I understand from your answer that you don’t follow his steps.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password