Ezbook 3 Pro

Ezbook 3 Pro

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Ezbook 3 Pro

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Brad
    Participant

Sorry for my poor English, maybe that’s the reason why you don’t understand me. I try to follow the steps that Ulric used in his thread. My questions are part of that way. I understand from your answer that you don’t follow his steps.

I understood you tried Ulric’s steps (with Linux Mint).  Ulric did not use Mint, he used Lubuntu.  Try doing it with Lubuntu first.  Then if it works try again with Mint.  That is my recommendation.

John
    Participant

That is my recommendation.

OK, thank you.

If anyone has some other ideas please let me now.

John
    Participant

I try to repeat my questions with a different wording:

– what is the exactly command using the “isorespin.sh” script to create the respun ISO?

– wich driver must be deleted or wich have to be kept at the installation process of the rEFInd Boot Manager using Windows?

Ulric
    Participant

Hi John,

to your questions:

a)  there is no need to delete any drivers in the refind directory, I kept all and it works.

b) the isorespin script has developed since my installation, I used the graphical user interface, I remember I selected refind boot manager, persistent storage of 2 GB and when it asks for additional packages i entered linux-headers, build-essential, git. In that time, there wasn’t support for kernel 4.12, maybe when you try it, you will avoid problems with custom wifi driver.

The key factor is the refind boot manager, with it manually installed in win, you should be able to boot more distros from usb without the need of respin. But you need to pick one, which doesn’t need internet access for finishing the install process (for example Solus is a no no). Now I run happily Manjaro on my EZB3pro v2 with xfce desktop, it is more resource hungry comparing to Lubuntu (by 100 MB of RAM) but it runs smoothly anyway.

If you want, start here a new thread about Linux on EZB3pro and I will be glad to help and answer any questions.

John
    Participant

Do you install the rEFInd boot manager using Windows with this command at step 9?

bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\refind\refind_x64.efi

Ulric
    Participant

John, if you are stjo on Linuxquestions, I answered there aswell. maybe that would help you.

Ulric
    Participant

Briefly – there are like two ways:

With respin:

a) respin iso , boot respun iso from uefi, install linux, install refind to be able to boot installed Linux or win

Without respin:

b) install refind , insert usb with ISO (no need to be respun), edit boot parameters for usb, run ISO from usb, install Linux

Both ways have pros and cons:

With respin:

+custom kernel version (possibility to avoid hassle with wifi driver)

+add custom packages (to be able to build wifi driver, without internet access)

— respin works only for few distros of ubuntu family

Hope this helps.

John
    Participant

Maybe that’s my mistake with respin. I never add a custom kernel, i always let the “original” inside. I like to use Mint.

How can i find the boot parameters for usb to use the method without respin?

Dave Hugh
    Participant

Hi Chris, hope you can help me out here..  I’ve installed Bitdefender security software on my ezbook 3 pro v3 and for some reason it’s blocking me from accessing the internet why? .. Also before I installed I got a message that for full proformance I need 1500mhz otherwise it might be unstable.

trent
    Participant

Hi Chris, can you please upload the drivers for the updated version of the Pro 3, the one with the Intel Wireless AC. I messed up royally and had to reinstall Windows, but some of the drivers are not found. Thank you.

Brad
    Participant

Hi Chris, hope you can help me out here.. I’ve installed Bitdefender security software on my ezbook 3 pro v3 and for some reason it’s blocking me from accessing the internet why? .. Also before I installed I got a message that for full proformance I need 1500mhz otherwise it might be unstable.

IMO logic dictates you ask this question on a Bitdefender forum.  This is a software issue and has nothing to do with the hardware.

Brad
    Participant

Hi Chris, can you please upload the drivers for the updated version of the Pro 3, the one with the Intel Wireless AC. I messed up royally and had to reinstall Windows, but some of the drivers are not found. Thank you.

Is this the wrong one (not the updated ones)? –> https://techtablets.com/jumper-ezbook-3/downloads/

Norg
    Participant

Andrez, another user told me Jumper used screenshots. I contacted them it’s okay but they had to give me credit at least. It’s not uncommon for retailers and AliExpress sellers to use my reviews. Almost none give me credit which sucks…

@chris, If you’re not too tired of reviewing all the different Jumper (or Celeron N3450) devices, you should test the Jumper EZbook 3S and/or compare it to the Chuwi Lapbook 14.1. The 3S has the same processor, screen size, but comes with a 256GB SSD. Looks like a respectable machine for the money and now we know it’s likely possible to get Linux running on it (via that guy’s EZbook 3 Pro thread over on Linuxquestions.org – link I posted above)

The 3S does look promising. In fact, it seems easier to get it in China at the moment than the Silver Ezbook 3 pro with SSD slot. However, in  a comment somewhere else someone said it has a plastic body so it makes it think it could have the same keyboard flex problems that Chris pointed out with the Ezbook 3. I am skeptical but I would like to see it get a good rating as it has a bigger hard drive along with the same ram and cpu as the 3 pro.

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar