Ezbook 3 Pro

Ezbook 3 Pro

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Ezbook 3 Pro

This topic contains 72 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Brad 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 73 total)
  • Author

Alberto Pescador
    Participant

Thanks for the info. I adjusted the mouse as you suggest and now I have better control. Regarding the metal around the camera, I havve read it happens to more units. Still i managed to get a 20 USD refund for the official manufacturer in Aliexpress. I believe it is a minor issue and I can live with it.

I dont see any pixel flickering in my screen, I will pay attention and report if it happens.

Thanks

Alberto Pescador
    Participant

Thanks for the info. I adjusted the mouse as you suggest and now I have better control. Regarding the metal around the camera, I havve read it happens to more units. Still i managed to get a 20 USD refund for the official manufacturer in Aliexpress. I believe it is a minor issue and I can live with it.

I dont see any pixel flickering in my screen, I will pay attention and report if it happens.

Thanks

Ojo Oluwasegun
    Participant

With regard to the screen, does it happen at a particular brightness level? Maybethe ribbon connector needs re-seating.

No I don’t think it happens at a particular brightness level, but I will be more observant now to see. Do you think I should continue watching this or get in touch with the seller on aliexpress. At this point, it’s still rare.

Norg
    Participant

The trackpad needs to be adjusted in the settings, pointer options>motion, I set it at the 3rd mark or the 10, and reduced the number of lines it would scroll to 5 or less. I’ve got the microsoft driver from 2015. When scrolling a website, I have found that if you leave one finger on the touchpad and move only the other finger it works better, If i scroll up and down a website it often scrolls in the wrong direction then goes in the right direction. Maybe the metal hole surrounding your camera is a bit tight, will it just push down to make it flat? Mine looks flat.

@sportnok

I managed to get a silver ezbook pro from Aliexpress and I am interested in your mouse tweaks.

I followed your instructions and set it to the third notch (see attached picture). Is that correct?

Also you mention that you have the Microsoft driver, is that the factory driver that came with it?

Those settings helped a little, but clicking and dragging (to select multiple files or icons for example) doesn’t seem to be working that well. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

sportnok
    Participant

I actually set it on the next mark, I counted the first as zero. The driver is the one it automatically finds. I did try another synaptics one but didn’t find any improvement. The other thing I played with was the number of lines the mouse scrolls, set it at less than 5 as I found it was too jumpy with a higher number. I still find two finger scrolling goes the opposite way before going the correct way, seems to work better keeping one finger on the touchpad and use one finger to scroll.

Norg
    Participant

Thanks.

I’ll try those settings. As far as the clicking and dragging to select, it works a little better if you press hard and drag with your finger.

sportnok
    Participant

http://m.everbuying.net/product1252076.html

Dual band ac WiFi version for sale at everything, why didn’t they do it in the first place!!

Ojo Oluwasegun
    Participant

Let me update with the flickering problem at the lower part of the screen of my jumper ezbook 3 pro. Have a look at a video capture of the problem here https://youtu.be/1Dd-x7bZCLs   and notice the flickering at the beginning of the video. Any insights on what the problem might be and is anybody experiencing this also. Mine started a few days after I started using it.

Brad
    Participant

Let me update with the flickering problem at the lower part of the screen of my jumper ezbook 3 pro. Have a look at a video capture of the problem here https://youtu.be/1Dd-x7bZCLs and notice the flickering at the beginning of the video. Any insights on what the problem might be and is anybody experiencing this also. Mine started a few days after I started using it.

If you move the task bar to the top of the screen does the problem move to the top or stay at the bottom?  The flickering happens when, only at startup or randomly all the time? Only when the machine is warm or cold?  I would run some stress tests and see if the problem happens at times of high CPU load, high disk access, during certain graphics, etc.  What about plugged in versus running on battery?  My guess is perhaps a power supply issue, or flaw in graphics hardware or screen (eg. borderline bad capacitor/resistor or something).

bigboybig
    Participant

Just upgraded to m.2 ssd 256 gb with Windows 10 Enterprise.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

BAMxi
    Participant

Curious why the non-dual band version is still available on GearBest for $298? I haven’t ordered many things from these sites but it doesn’t make sense to me why they’d offer a less desirable version at a higher price than their flash sale of the updated version. I just ordered one as part of their flash sale for $219. I really hope this isn’t a situation like one of the previous ezbooks where they switched to plastic from alloy part of the way through the model run to keep costs down.

Ojo Oluwasegun
    Participant

Let me update with the flickering problem at the lower part of the screen of my jumper ezbook 3 pro. Have a look at a video capture of the problem here https://youtu.be/1Dd-x7bZCLs and notice the flickering at the beginning of the video. Any insights on what the problem might be and is anybody experiencing this also. Mine started a few days after I started using it.

If you move the task bar to the top of the screen does the problem move to the top or stay at the bottom? The flickering happens when, only at startup or randomly all the time? Only when the machine is warm or cold? I would run some stress tests and see if the problem happens at times of high CPU load, high disk access, during certain graphics, etc. What about plugged in versus running on battery? My guess is perhaps a power supply issue, or flaw in graphics hardware or screen (eg. borderline bad capacitor/resistor or something).

Thanks for your insights Brad. I switched my taskbar to the top of the screen and the flickering hasn’t happened since then, both at the top or at the lower part of the screen where it used to be. This is a pointer that it’s a software problem, and that is a relief. I also got a comment on the video on YouTube from someone that experienced same thing and according to him, it stopped after reinstalling windows.

Wolf
    Participant

Just upgraded to m.2 ssd 256 gb with Windows 10 Enterprise.

You exchanged the 64 with the 256 and made a new W10 installation I assume.

So what M.2 ssd (modell + manufacturer) did you use?

Size 2242 or 2280 ?

There is currently a video of how to add the m.2 ssd drive with a long 2880. There is a slot but no m.2 backdoor.

Thanks a lot

Good luck - WOLF

Nico
    Participant

Hello,

i would like to buy this laptop for basic usage and occasional gaming. I play mmorpg a lot, someone have ever tried guild wars 2 on ezbook 3 pro / N3450 ? or FF14 ? Can someone run FF14 benchmark (link: http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/benchmark/) ? I would be really curious about score 🙂

Thanks !

BAMxi
    Participant

hey quick question for anyone with an ezbook 3 pro. I just got mine a few days ago and have been using it lightly (just some video streaming and web browsing). I ran the battery down pretty low and left it to charge overnight. I noticed when i plugged it in that the little red LED comes on. I guess I was under the assumption that the LED would change colors once it’s charged, but i checked on it this morning and the light was still red. The battery meter says it is plugged in and charging but that it is also at 100%. Is this normal behavior or should it just say Fully Charged 100% like my windows 7 laptops? This is my first win 10 pc so I wasn’t sure and I don’t want it to overcharge the battery and kill it prematurely.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password