GearBest.com user reviews

GearBest.com user reviews

This topic contains 158 replies, has 83 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 159 total)
  • Author

Provatta
    Participant

Hello everyone!

I would like to ask two questions:

1-Is this a great deal? €162.11 for http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_361966.html
    2-Does GearBest have an european warehouse? How can I check from where that tablet comes, please?

Thank you very much in advance!

Fauzi Purwanto
    Participant

Wish i read this thread sooner

Paid cube i7 book for 297 on GB and one week still processing not shipped.

Oh well lesson learned

John Macie
    Participant

Thanks for responding. I’m past two weeks, no shipment, and 4 complaints to GB. They have little to offer in the way of info, only offer to cancel my order, and I have refused to cancel. I hope you’ll let us know when you get yours and the condition it is in. I’m sorry for the attitude, but they weren’t proactive addressing the Back Order, so I let them have it, to no avail.

Fauzi Purwanto
    Participant

Update: GB refunded within two hours of my request. Kudos. I hope they improve stocking system.

Your seller has issued a refund of 297,20 $ USD and this case has been closed. To view the status of this refund, simply log in to your PayPal account and go to your transaction history.

The refund will be credited to your PayPal account. If you paid with a card, the refund will be credited to your card. It may take up to 30 days for the refund to appear on your card statement.

John Macie
    Participant

Thanks @fauzip, this is good info. I appreciate it.
    <h2 class=”user-nicename”></h2>

John Macie
    Participant

After a month of waiting for my 11-11 i7 book order, I canceled. I did receive a refund to paypal immediately. They would not pay any return shipping on the keyboard they had previously sent me, and only offered me $10 credit. Their policy is no returns. I was told the i7 book keyboard would not work with the new Cube mix plus, but that may be not true. I somehow think they stopped production on the i7 book to make the cube mix plus and that was the holdup, but I don’t really know. I do know that unless you get insurance and order at off peak season, you risk difficulties like many of us have had. Good luck all, It won’t stop me from ordering from Gearbest in the future, I just have to be prepared for a potential bad result. Gamblers all

Bryan
    Participant

I initially ordered a cube iwork tablet during a flash sale on Jan 23. Not knowing new year would shut everything down, I canceled my order on Feb 3. Refund came right after I filed a PayPal dispute. I then decided to order from the US warehouse. It was marked as shipped the same day but didn’t get sent out until 3 days later, but I did receive it within a week.

Overall experience was okay but I rather go through Aliexpress and get an expedited DHL package that gets sent out next business day or faster.

Rose
    Participant

Sad to hear that I risk having the same fate with the Cube Mix Plus I got on GB’s 3rd anniversary sale… But unfortunately GB was the only one offering DHL Shipping out of Banggood and Aliexpress. And I even paid through EBANX instead of PayPal since GB system wouldn’t let me pay the discounted price through mobile, only website. Prayer time 🙁

<b>EDIT: </b>Yesterday morning I asked about estimated shipping times on their Live Chat and the store rep said they would expedite my order and I guess that worked as right now its status says Packing!

This is my first parcel shipped through DHL and I accidentally put my parents’ home address instead of my own, so I’m hoping what I’ve read online is true that DHL calls you to schedule a delivery date and time so you can pay them the taxes directly.

mixplus
    Participant

Rose,

Did you got your Cube Mix Plus? I received mine today which I ordered from GB, but the internal storage is not 128 GB as it supposed to be but instead only 64GB. Really frusfrated with GB. Not going to buy anything more from them.

Kalle
    Participant

So I’m soon buying a PC from Gearbest and was wondering about the shipping. It’s from China and I can choose either Standard shipping or Expedited shipping. Now they are both free but expedited shipping is about 2-3 weeks faster. Now I want to avoid customs as much as possible, should I choose standard? Beacuse I head DHL is handling the expeditet and then there’s always customs. Or am I wrong?

Roberto
    Participant

Hello Kalle,

I can tell you about my experience in Germany, they might be similar or different in Sweden. It is exactly like you stated. Expedited shipping to Germany will cause taxes for you to pay, while the standard shipping does not.  For Germany, there’s also a “Germany priority line”, which is marginally slower (about a week), but will not cause any taxes whatsoever. In this priority line, a sub companny in Germany handles all required taxes and fees for you, and you don’t have to pay any extra. I can really recommend it, you can save quite a bit if you have one more week of patience.  But as I said, I’m not sure about Sweden.

PA Robertson
    Participant

I would avoid Gearbest for expensive items. They have a poor returns policy.

Kalle
    Participant

Hello Kalle, I can tell you about my experience in Germany, they might be similar or different in Sweden. It is exactly like you stated. Expedited shipping to Germany will cause taxes for you to pay, while the standard shipping does not. For Germany, there’s also a “Germany priority line”, which is marginally slower (about a week), but will not cause any taxes whatsoever. In this priority line, a sub companny in Germany handles all required taxes and fees for you, and you don’t have to pay any extra. I can really recommend it, you can save quite a bit if you have one more week of patience. But as I said, I’m not sure about Sweden.

Hmm, alright iäl choose the slower one then, I can wait. 🙂

The problem is that I can’t find the pc anywhere else for the same price. On GB it’s about 450 USD and on Aliexpress its 700 USD. Not really a choice.

But just in case Banggood starts to sell them, is it the same as GB regarding shipping?

WinGuider.se/en/index.html
    Participant

Hello Kalle, I can tell you about my experience in Germany, they might be similar or different in Sweden. It is exactly like you stated. Expedited shipping to Germany will cause taxes for you to pay, while the standard shipping does not. For Germany, there’s also a “Germany priority line”, which is marginally slower (about a week), but will not cause any taxes whatsoever. In this priority line, a sub companny in Germany handles all required taxes and fees for you, and you don’t have to pay any extra. I can really recommend it, you can save quite a bit if you have one more week of patience. But as I said, I’m not sure about Sweden.

Hmm, alright iäl choose the slower one then, I can wait.

The problem is that I can’t find the pc anywhere else for the same price. On GB it’s about 450 USD and on Aliexpress its 700 USD. Not really a choice. But just in case Banggood starts to sell them, is it the same as GB regarding shipping?

What ever you do, DO NOT EVER BUY FROM GEARBEST!

If whatever you are buying braks they have set a standard of saying you get a “free repair” if you send it back.

BUT then they ALWAYS reply that your item is NOT REPARABLE, and wants to sell you a “replacement” for muchos dollars!

I did buy a Iwork 12 from them an when it suddenly dies I got the same offer, send it back and (as many other claim) got the not reparable-reply and they demanded a whopping ransom of USD180 to send me the replacement!

And by demanding a ransom to release your own warranty valid item they break all bussiness-rules, and your cheap PC turns out to be not all that cheap! So what ever you do, DO NOT EVER BUY FROM GEARBEST!

All you do it to support their ransom-bussiness!

Murat
    Participant

I purchased Jumper ezbook 3 pro on 5.9, and still they didn’t ship. While looking around posts here, i noticed that some other guys who bought after me got their gadget already. And they said they’ll ship mine between 6.10-10.10 .

The reason i don’t cancel the order is because i really need it. I will never buy from gearbest again, and never suggest to others.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 159 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password