Good news: found a way to increase TDP limit on ezbook 3 pro (N3450 Apollo Lake & N4100 Gemini Lake)

Good news: found a way to increase TDP limit on ezbook 3 pro (N3450 Apollo Lake & N4100 Gemini Lake)

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Good news: found a way to increase TDP limit on ezbook 3 pro (N3450 Apollo Lake & N4100 Gemini Lake)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 220 total)
  • Author
    Chris G
    Keymaster

Okay Joe, I hit almost 15W (14.9W) on the Tbook4 using the 15W limit. Maybe we need a 20W limit 😀 FPS went from 55 to 99 almost! Massive boost in performance. And thermals were still looking great at 68 degrees max. (only 10 minutes, however)

I can also confirm this works on the Apollo Lake Pentium N4200 in my Onda Xiaoma 31 but the results aren’t as good for some reason, maybe because to start with the N4200 is already faster than the N3450 at 6W so the benefit is there, just not as great.

I’ll need to test it again I think. With 6 more EU’s on the Intel 505 HD graphics and a 50Mhz more GPU boost clock it should be better as it got 97FPS in the HL: LC test of mine.

I’ve got a video of it coming soon.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

joe321
    Participant

How about no limit? 🙂

Chris G
    Keymaster

That will suit me. That’s what the Civiltop Air has. What’s the command for that one?

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

joe321
    Participant

Off topic: Good stuff Chris and thanks for all the work you do here. You are the reason we are brave enough to buy cheap no name laptops from china with virtually no warranty. Its still way better than buying  shitty (plastic build, LQ screen, bad battery life with slow and/or old HW)  overpriced  laptops locally. I will probably order another apollo lake laptop from china  as this one goes to my gf tommorow :(… It will replace her 800€ acer v5-573G, which was also a great laptop.

On topic: no limit TDP command: RW.exe /Min /Nologo /Stdout /Command=”WRMSR 0x610 0x0 0x00000000 0″

Even with this no limit TDP tweak I  cant get over 14W package power when using 3dmark05 test.

spencer
    Participant

will this work on a Chuwi Hi13? considering that Chuwi did some tweak in the windows like allocating 600mb RAM for GPU.
    while i type this, CPUID register Current Voltage at averagin 8.405v while plug in.

oh nevermind, i saw TT reply on another thread.
    ” Hi13 doesn’t have a copper heatsink in it but a shield and thermal pads only. ”

so it be safer to use an app? reset if anything too heaty got out of hand?

cON2
    Participant

how can you make a shortcut for the overclock? please explain……..

Juha Pirinen
    Participant

I did a .bat file for the command and shortcut on the desktop for the .bat.

But this is super! I’ve been using 15W TDP and temps reached 77’C maximum. I have thermal paste between cpu and copper heatsink, and a thermal pad between heatsink and bottom cover.

cON2
    Participant

I’m kinda of a newbie with this,could you eleborate? >.< thanks in advance

Juha Pirinen
    Participant

1. Open Notepad

2. Write (or copypaste) there the command which raises the tdp limit

3. Save the file “tdp.bat” on the same directory where is the RW-everything program (rw.exe)

4. Drag and drop the tdp.bat on the desktop with second mouse button and choose make a shortcut

Now when you double-click the shortcut it runs the .bat file which contains the rw-command from here. Profit.

cON2
    Participant

Oh god , yea thats what I did.but i saved it as a “all files” .bat  because that what I was told  in creating a batch file,so i spent 2 hours figuring it out,Finally!Anyways,Thank you!

Juha Pirinen
    Participant

Oh yes, i forgot that, it saves .bat.txt 😀

Actually, i think it’s possible do a new shortcut on desktop and put there rw.exe with the parameters…

I’ve been using PC and DOS since 1986 so batch-file was the first thing that came in to my mind 😀

Henkster
    Participant

I looked into the tweak and looked for max tdp with CPU-Z. That program still says 6w max (i dont see a reference in hwinfo of max tdp anywhere)? btw I use voyo vbook  a1 with n3450

Phoenix
    Participant

Anyone has the .exe for me for 15 TPD tweak? 10 watt is working great, but the 15 watt looks more like it.

got it allready through RW everything

spencer
    Participant

i restarted my chuwi hi13 and i ran HWinfo again, it still how that i have unlocked?
    is this normal?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Phoenix
    Participant

I am getting the unlimited watt tweak applayed. When i stresstest it with furmark it only has 700 mhz for a couple of seconds, and then it turn down to 350-400 mhz again… So not really a good tweak i think?

Temps are a bit hi, sure. Around 75 degrees… Is that the problem or is it the termal throlle hitting again?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 220 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar