Good news: found a way to increase TDP limit on ezbook 3 pro (N3450 Apollo Lake & N4100 Gemini Lake)

Good news: found a way to increase TDP limit on ezbook 3 pro (N3450 Apollo Lake & N4100 Gemini Lake)

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Good news: found a way to increase TDP limit on ezbook 3 pro (N3450 Apollo Lake & N4100 Gemini Lake)

• This topic has 196 replies, 77 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Chris.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 197 total)
  • Author
    sportnok
    Participant

Would you kind enough to post the 15w and the unlimited exe, I’m sure people would appreciate it.

spencer
    Participant

i am tempted to try 15w also and see how far the Chuwi Hi13 can go. i am definitely one of the people who would appreciate it.

Dmitri
    Participant

Please place string for max 15w tdp.

Thank!

Gray
    Participant

Hello Guys, thx for this great news, but I have unsolved problem with that.

I have Chuwi Lapbook 14.1 with thermo mod and use EXE file written by joe321

I have some thermal problems with TDP 10W, so decided to go down to 6w, but siple reboot doesn’t help! 😉

Ispite of HW prog is written 6W, but computer still works with 1800-2100 Mhz and Aida shows real 9-10w consuption.

And besides this – there is a guy on other forum, that reistalls Windows, but it still working in 10w TDP 0_0!

Dear Mr joe321, can You make such an EXE file with 6w TDP?

Thx!

joe321
    Participant

Hi Gray, I saw your PM… Try the attached .exe to set back the 6W limit.  But  this  mod is in no way permanent as  we are only writing values in memory and this is erased when you restart. Also we are setting the TDP limit here, there should be no difference in consumption when idle as the limit is not reached.  My guess is that aida reports unreal consumption or you have some sw installed that causes higher cpu load and thus higher reported consumption.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Gray
    Participant

Hi Joe321, and thx for Your reply. Problem appeared to be in other stuff: when You make hard boot of lapbook – You have 6w. You can push any stress test and there will be 6w max in Aida. But if You put computer to sleep and wake it up – immediately there will be 9w in Aida and temperature starting to grow…

WoW. Some kind of mistake in Windows or Drivers I guess.

Anyway, thx for responce.

Sx C
    Participant

thanks will try it out!!

David
    Participant

Can anyone run 3d mark 11 Performance GPU at 1280 x 720? Is there much difference?

Winston
    Participant

I just tried this mod on my Voyo Vmac N4200 and it worked great. Using the 10W TDP, the core temps average  and CPU AI core average at 68C,  and drive temp at 41c. I performed that test for approx. 2hrs watching videos on Kodi.

I also performed the same test for the same length of time using Kodi for 2hrs using the 15W TDP. Average core temp and CPU AI core was 101c!!! Hot to say the least!! Drive temp average went to 71c.

for my purposes it seems like the sweet spot for the N4200 actively cooled Vmac is the 10W TDP.

For those interested in changing the CPU Power Limit Long Duration for the 10W TDP, from 28sec to 40sec, the command string should be as follow;

RW.exe /Min /Nologo /Stdout /Command=”WRMSR 0x610 0x0 0x005F8A00 0″

David
    Participant
    3d mark 11:

6w TDP
    https://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/12369438
    25w TDP
    https://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/12369423

Ezbook 3 pro v4
    George
    Participant

Hello.

New to your site Chris.

I would like to know if I can create a shortcut of the above exe (does that exe switches TDP to 10 or to 15W?) and put it in the startup folder of windows in order to act as a ”default” setting with every reboot?

Is it possible to generate exe’s with other configurations e.g. 8W, 12W etc? I got a Voyo V1 N4200 version.

Many thanks

Cheers

George
    Participant

Could anyone please post a step-by-step guide in proper English on how to create a shortcut/service that will load with every reboot?

Thanks in advance

John
    Participant

Just so you know, the v4 truely has the ability to turn power limits off in Bios.  Playing Diablo 3, I was hitting a maximum of 14.163W!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    SAVVAS
    Participant

Which options may I ask? Did you notice higher battery consumption and heat?

John
    Participant

Which options may I ask? Did you notice higher battery consumption and heat?

The option is in the BIOS, you basically disable the power limit and it’ll use as much as it can, as needed.

I’ve been playing with different power options to check which gives the best battery life, and which gives the best performance.  The thing is, when it can burst up to high watts for a short time, it will finish the task much faster and might actually use less power. Of course, if you’re gaming, then your not doing a quick burst of power but are just using sustained power draw.

So I’d say it really depends, but I hope to make a full write up in another week or so.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 197 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password