Good news: found a way to increase TDP limit on ezbook 3 pro (N3450 Apollo Lake & N4100 Gemini Lake)

Good news: found a way to increase TDP limit on ezbook 3 pro (N3450 Apollo Lake & N4100 Gemini Lake)

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Good news: found a way to increase TDP limit on ezbook 3 pro (N3450 Apollo Lake & N4100 Gemini Lake)

Viewing 10 posts - 211 through 220 (of 220 total)
  • Author
    ember924
    Participant

Hello. Please, help me with overclocking iGPU up to 1000 Mhz (15w), Intel Celeron N4100.

Overclocking the GPU for GPD MicroPC and Chuwi Hi10X (Intel Celeron N4100/N4120)

mythical
    Participant

Does This work with gemni lake refresh aka pentium n5030?

FloppyMan
    Participant

Hello. Please, help me with overclocking iGPU up to 1000 Mhz (15w), Intel Celeron N4100.

Overclocking the GPU for GPD MicroPC and Chuwi Hi10X (Intel Celeron N4100/N4120)

Hello Ember 924,

I have seen your struggles trying to get your iGPU to oc to 1000mhz or at least max frequency. I have a school computer with celeron N4120 and uhd 600. I have unlocked bios and changed tdp to 14w but only in bursts. I use gpu z to monito the iGPU but I can’t read the frequency! I only read watts and vid mem. I tried ThrottleStop 8.74 and ran it, did .ini option but I didn’t see a change when putting 10w limit for gpu.

Can you read uhd 600 frequency? Maybe I have a driver related issue. What is your driver version?

I did the TS bench and got to the max cpu power of 14.5w and gpu said 5w but I didn’t see fps increase in that short burst. During games gpu stays at 3w which is weird since it could pull more power…

I was wondering where you saw 700mhz = 8.5w. Do you have documentation to share on the celeron N4100/4120? I would greatly appreciate you answering my questions.

I hope I will be able to help you too.

Kindly FloppyMan

denn11699
    Participant

Hi. Thanks to this thread I was able to maximize the performance of my laptop which is the KUU Yobook M a 3K resolution laptop at cheap price. Laptop now runs snappier.

RWEverything command:

W16 0xFED170A8 0000
    W16 0xFED170AC 0000

As for adjusting the tdp I use throttlestop and disabled the short power pl2 and setting the long power pl1 to 20.

The power can sometime peak at 20.6 watt but for the most part it is maxed at 14.6 watt temperatures are very bad on my laptop becuase of the poor cooling it is passive no ventilation. I did a copper shim mod on it and thermal pad in between the case temps improved but stressing the cpu at max power continuously will still reach the tj max and will put the laptop to sleep mode. At normal use temps are great only if doing extensive tasks like running graphically intensive games that the laptop will go to sleep mode because of high temperatures.

Speaking of games I was surprised that it does run games I played left 4 dead 2 at high settings 1280×800 i got an average of 45fps a playable experience and cod modern warfare 2 at high settings 1280×800 35fps average. I tried GTA 5 at lowest in game settings and the cpu is a bottleneck since gta 5 minimum cpu is 4 thread but very impressed that this cpu can run it at 25fps. Without the power limit unlocked the games I mentioned run the worst at left 4 dead 2 640×480 low settings 22fps, cod modern warfare 2 640×480 medium 30fps, gta 5 800×600 normal 9fps.

I gained almost twice the performance with the power unlocked.

A big thanks to chris and henk and to everyone on this thread

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tom
    Participant

Hi , i have tablet with Celeron N5100 processor but i can’t change TDP, why ?

Ryan Hensley
    Participant

this is what i keep getting when trying this on my hp laptop with a gemini lake cpu inside. (i assumed this is for gemini lake period and not just the few laptops mentioned ?) any insight? turned off core isolation, tpm is still active however, tried compatibility mode (am running win 11) have repasted the cpu with mx4 thermal paste however. any help greatly appreciated. tried the script as well, same outcome.

EDIT i have also tried all other versions of the program (latest releases) and all of those are too the same outcome.
    is it something to do with win 11, or has hp seen this coming and locked the bios down, i would simply edit the bios but it seems

near impossible to find the “bios file” for my model without using the jank hp download manager as they dont seem to no longer

hose the files standalone any longer.

Attachments:
    Joe
    Participant

this is what i keep getting when trying this on my hp laptop with a gemini lake cpu inside. (i assumed this is for gemini lake period and not just the few laptops mentioned ?) any insight? turned off core isolation, tpm is still active however, tried compatibility mode (am running win 11) have repasted the cpu with mx4 thermal paste however. any help greatly appreciated. tried the script as well, same outcome.

<p>

You have to turn off core isolation options and make the following change in registry

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CI\Config > Set VulnerableDriverblocklistenable to zero

Joe
    Participant

Okay, I figured one thing out it doesn’t seem to run on boot the Task to run RW with the commands. Manually running it I have then everything unlocked on power limits no limits anywhere so great! Now just to figure out the Task Scheduler why it fails to run or if it runs why the commands don’t work. For me having the commands like this works. Rw.exe /Min /Nologo /Stdout /Command=”WRMSR 0x610 0x0 0x00000000 0″ The trick was adding the “-“ at the start without it nothing would run.

Also commands wont run for me either .. I can get the TDP unlock manually within the RW program . I get the follwing errors when running the commands

Attachments:
    Joe
    Participant

So just an update, it is possible to get RWEverything working in Windows 11 22HC after turning off ‘Core Isolation’ options and making the following change in registry

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CI\Config > Set VulnerableDriverblocklistenable to zero

I can still get the TDP unlocked on My Herobook Pro and Hero Book Pro Plus in Windows 11 . However running trying to run any startup script in Windows 11 , just returns an error

Rw.exe -/Min /Nologo /Stdout /Command=”W16 0xFED170A8 0000″
    Rw.exe -/Min /Nologo /Stdout /Command=”WRMSR 0x610 0x0 0x00DD8F00 0″

However this same start up script runs just fine in Windows 10 22H2, as shown attached

Attachments:
    Charles
    Participant

Thanks for info

Viewing 10 posts - 211 through 220 (of 220 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar