[FIXED] Help! My tablet is not booting anymore

[FIXED] Help! My tablet is not booting anymore

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Vi10 Discussion [FIXED] Help! My tablet is not booting anymore

Tagged: 

• This topic has 78 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Raul.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Arévalo Frutos
    Participant

I think I am fixing it! I have thought that Ihas only disabled the power from the usb devices so I have made a cable with an external power to the tablet and it has made a signal with a wifi antenna. When I connect only the energy, the light of the antenna is off. When I connect the energy and the data cables with the tablet turned off, it does not light, but when I turn on the tablet the antenna is turned on! I will try that with a keyboard and I’m going to post the results 🙂

Jonathan
    Participant

@ImADev, the whole /sys/firmware/efi/vars/ directory is mapped to a UEFI variable service driver. Those are all the NV variables contained in the system.

The InsydeH20 BIOS Setup utility keeps every setting in the Setup variable, under the GUID A04A27F4-DF00-4D42-B552-39511302113D (might have mistyped that, please do check if neccessary).  For example if the byte at offset 0x159 is 0 then I2C 2 is disabled or if it’s 1 then I2C 2 is enabled.

You can save/restore from Shell using dmpstore:

dmpstore Setup -s fs0:\setup.bin

dmpstore Setup -l  fs0:\setup.bin

I didn’t know about hexdump, thanks for that tip. I did know about TWRP being able to use a KB/Mouse provided they are enabled of course 😉

Jonathan
    Participant

“so I have made a cable with an external power to the tablet”

Even if that works I really would advise against it….

ImADev
    Participant

That I didn’t know. It’s not something I’ve really had to look into before.

What you originally said and the document I found here is what made me think that it’s just a directory.

Jonathan
    Participant

@ImADev, I’m not a fan of hooking drivers into the file system but it’s something that gets done a lot on posix type systems. I’m interested in low level stuff like this so it’s fairly easy to pick up.

——–

EDIT: Redundant and removed now:

The TWRP booting stuff:

It’s a bit of a Frankenstein’s monster but it’ll do for a test (well unless I forgot some files…).

Password: CnRpJiRndm

I’ll dig out some instructions from an old post…

Jonathan
    Participant

On the PC(maybe tablet) you will use try to fix the Chuwi Vi10:

Disable the need for signed drivers: Hold shift while selecting restart, select Troubleshoot->Advanced->Startup Settings->Restart. Press 7.

Download package and unzip it somewhere handy.

Run \driver and flashing tools\ManufacturingFlashTool Setup 6.0.43.exe to install MFT.

Run \driver and flashing tools\drivers\IntelAndroidDrvSetup1.10.0.exe, follow onscreen instructions.

Run \driver and flashing tools\drivers\iSocUSB-Driver-Setup-1.2.0.exe, follow instructions. (I don’t think you need this to be honest and I’m less than clear on the attach SoC device/power cycle instructions. I just went to DNX mode a few times and started/powered off Android.)

Run \driver and flashing tools\rehackforusbdriver.reg

Copy \driver and flashing tools\PLACE_IN_PROGRAM_FILES_INTEL_MFT\CUSTOM_CONFIG.ini to C:\Program Files\Intel\Manufacturing Flash Tool

Reboot.

On your Chuwi Vi10:

Power off your tablet.

Hold the volume button farthest from the power button until you get a boot menu.

Use the volume buttons to select Android, and power to confirm.

Power off your tablet.

Hold the volume button nearest the power button and the power button until you get to DNX mode.

Plug your tablet into your PC that you’ll use to try to fix it and check for the tablet in Device Manager (for me it showed up as Android ADB only).

Make a note of the VID/PID by selecting Properties (Of ADB device in Device Manager), go to Details select Hardware Ids in Property.

Disconnect your tablet.

On your PC run Manufacturing Flash Tool from the desktop.

Select: File->open. Select experiment2.xml from the unzipped package.

Select: File->Settings.

Set the SOC devices VID/PID to the numbers you noted above (probably 8087/0A65)

Set the Android devices VID = 8087/PID =09EF if necessary.

Click OK.

Make sure your tablet is in DNX mode and plug it in to your PC.

Wait and see if it boots TWRP, about 1 or 2 minutes.

(the progress bar on Intel’s tool won’t go past 66% and will eventually timeout but it doesn’t matter).

Arévalo Frutos
    Participant

My cable is not working with my tablet 🙁

Arévalo Frutos
    Participant

I will your TWRP to see if I can make any change.

Jonathan
    Participant

@Arévalo, I don’t expect you to be able to fix anything with the TWRP stuff I’ve provided yet because the image is as ImADev originally created it. I just need to know if you can boot it, after that I’ll need to repackage the image file. I’ve never repackaged an Andoid image before, only split them to look inside, so I’ll have to figure out any wrinkles with  this too…

Jonathan
    Participant

[EDIT] To make this work linker must be copied from /sbin to /system/bin and the command must be build as position independent. It can then be invoked from the terminal or init.rc via a service.[EDIT DONE]

@ImADev, Please help me 🙂

Using Android Image Kitchen I’ve managed to repack your TWRP image to include an executable file in /sbin. I can boot from this image and see my file but I can’t run it or anything much at all except some commands provided by busybox. I can busybox chmod the file 777,  but both “./file”  and “/sbin/file” just returns an error saying the file cannot be found (I can see it with busybox ls -l). By the way do you know where I can get ADB drivers for this recovery? The VID=18D1 and PID=D002.

Thanks in advance, for either help or just bothering to read the issue 🙂

Arévalo Frutos
    Participant

@Jonathan your TWRP image boots but i can’ touch anything, it looks like the touch screen is disabled with the USB ports.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jonathan
    Participant

@Arévalo, that’s good news I can work with that. ATM I’m still trying to get up to speed on the Android side but I’m increasingly confident this will work.

Jonathan
    Participant

BTW, do you have a link for the BIOS you installed? I’ll probably need to get a copy of it.

Arévalo Frutos
    Participant
    ImADev
    Participant

Using Android Image Kitchen I’ve managed to repack your TWRP image to include an executable file in /sbin. I can boot from this image and see my file but I can’t run it or anything much at all except some commands provided by busybox. I can busybox chmod the file 777, but both “./file” and “/sbin/file” just returns an error saying the file cannot be found (I can see it with busybox ls -l). By the way do you know where I can get ADB drivers for this recovery? The VID=18D1 and PID=D002.

I’ve never needed to add in extra files before, but I’m pretty sure it’d be a problem because many of the files link to the recovery file. To work around that problem you could try to replace an existing file e.g. mkntfs.

The recovery image is a little hacked together since I didn’t have a kernel source to work with. That means that there likely are a few oddities, ADB being one of them.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/nexus/3sZP6-9T3s4
    https://stackoverflow.com/a/20468359

I’ll look into either fixing it or putting a driver package together once I’ve got a little more time.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar