[FIXED] Help! My tablet is not booting anymore

[FIXED] Help! My tablet is not booting anymore

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Vi10 Discussion [FIXED] Help! My tablet is not booting anymore

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan
    Participant

It all looks good so far, the setup var is the same size as the Vi10; they have enough in common that I recognised the Hi8 variable by sight when I saw it in my hex editor; and the differences between the Hi8 custom and Hi8 setup vars include areas I know to be USB related on the Vi10.

The other option I talked about is fairly involved and uses the UEFI Shell BIOS flashing utility. It’s a bit fragile and I haven’t even checked that I can get it working on the Vi10 yet let alone “port” it to the Hi8…

Still working on the util, sorry for delay (I’m also dealing with another issue in parallel 😉 )

JAkub G.
    Participant

It’s good news that the files Vi10 and Hi8 are very similar 🙂

No problem, I understand. I appreciate your help for me.

Jonathan
    Participant

8 bytes are different between your current setup and the Vi10 setup that I compared against. They are both under the same GUID.

I just ran my Vi10 util against the Hi8 setup data you provided and it reported issues with: xHCI mode and link power management. Does sound like anything that you might have adjusted?
    I ran my util against the custom settings you provided and it found no issues with USB 🙂

JAkub G.
    Participant

Wow 🙂 You are amazing! Exactly i change xHCI mode and link power management and after that my usb doesn’t work…

I’m hopeful after hear it.

Jonathan
    Participant

Removed file for safety reasons, please ask if your require it.
    Ok, we’re ready to try this.
    This file goes into /data/setup/ on your tablet.

Start Terminal Emulator and enter the following:

1. su
    2. cd /data/setup
    3. ./csf

Cross fingers and restart…

JAkub G.
    Participant

Jonathan You are genius! USB works! I can enter to the bios! 🙂 I must buy for You a lot of beers.

I have one more question – what can i do to my hub usb (passive) works with tablet? When i connect via USB OTG keyboard – it works but if i connect keyboard via hub usb it doesn’t work. Maybe power on usb?

Eventually how can i restore my Windows with only 1 USB port? In Boot Manager i have only Android and internal Efi Shell. Maybe from shell i can restore my windows?

Jonathan
    Participant

Glad it worked. To be honest I was a bit apprehensive about letting someone else run this before I’d tested it on the target HW 😉

Can you please edit your post and remove the link to your setup directory? Also if the file is still on Drive please delete it. This is for your own good since the ACPI file has your Window’s key in it, in my haste I forgot to exclude the SLIC/MSDM tables…

Next request, I noticed that you posted a request for help with this issue at another other thread. Can you go to any other places where you asked for help with this and refer people back here please?

I’ll post back about the USB stuff a little later…

JAkub G.
    Participant

Ok, no problem 🙂 I already deleted link to my setup.

Jonathan
    Participant

OK, USB.
    So I think the situation is that:

1. You have a USB hub that takes power from the USB rather than a power adaptor?
    2. When you plug this hub into the tablet it works?
    3. You have a USB keyboard that works when you plug it into the tablet?
    4. When you plug the keyboard into the hub and the hub into the tablet neither works?

In this case my first guess would be insufficient power as you suggested. Technically the USB host should be able to detect that, but on Chinese tablets such features are often not implemented.
    If the hub can be powered then try doing so, if not get a hub than can be powered externally.

It is technically feasible to restore from Shell, but it would be hellishly slow I think.

What happened to Windows? Did you kill it by flashing Android with Intel’s Flash tool by any chance?

JAkub G.
    Participant

Yes, it passive hub usb without external power so maybe it’s problem.

I killed Windows after flashing Android. Is possible to install Windows from SD card with option Boot from file? Or maybe is another option to restore Windows with one slot USB? 🙂

Jonathan
    Participant

It would be best to start a new thread in the forum regarding the re-installation of Windows. There might be a way to utilise the SD card, there might also be a better solution. I have an idea but I want to experiment a bit before commenting further 😉

JAkub G.
    Participant

I bought active usb hub and everything (Windows and Android) works 🙂 Again i thank You for help with my Bios.

Jonathan
    Participant

Glad I could help and also glad that you got it fully working again 🙂

Tschuuuls
    Participant

@Jonathan could use your help over here.

Need to reflash BIOS in DnX Mode

I do have exactly the same problem as the OP, wanted the Tablet to boot from USB, screwed with OTG Settings, disabled power set OTG to PCI, saved. Facepalmed. Cursed a little, tried a few things and found this thread.

Jonathan
    Participant

For anyone who’s interested: Tschuuuls issue is cross posted here.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar