Issue with Kingdian SSD and Ezbook 3 PRO

Issue with Kingdian SSD and Ezbook 3 PRO

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Issue with Kingdian SSD and Ezbook 3 PRO

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Kirux0
    Participant

Hello everybody!

Just wanted to add some experience to the issue with SSD and Jumper EZBOOK 3 Pro v6. I bought KingSpec NT-256 SSD from official KingSpec store. I tried it in my home PC, it worked well, and speeds were 560 read, 430 write. But it worked well only on my home PC. As soon as I installed in in Jumper – I started to experience the folloing problems:

1. SSD is not recognised by BIOS about 30% of attempts to start..
    2. When it is recognised – you can’t install Windows on it – process fails at “Copiing windows files” which will last forever and never end.
    3. I cloned the system from eMMC with Paragon Migrate OS to SSD software – after this I succeeded in starting system from SSD. But again – about 30% of start attempts failed due to SSD disappearing from BIOS.
    4. When the system starts from SSD – it hangs, because the SSD is always busy at 100% duty, and write speed is next to zero. This can be solved by installing Intel RST v13.2.8.1002 driverDirect download link. You will need to first install Win RAID CA certificate, and after that manuall update the ATA controlled driver from Microsoft’s to this downloaded driver and reboot. This will allow you to use your system with read and write speeds at about 280 Mb/s. The SATA mode will be only SATA300 instead of SATA600, but again, at least you now can use your system from SSD.
    5. Apparently, you will get bored by failed starts, and will want to solve the problem once and forever. I tried a lot of things, lots of different drivers, lots of BIOS settings modifications, I even tried some hardware fixes – I soldered the ground directly from motherboard to the SSD adapter, but nothing helped.

And so, here is my solution. Throw you piece of junk low-end chinese SSD away, and install a new one, preferably from some high-end brands, and preferably in 2280 format. To install 2280 SSD you need to remove the back cover of the norebook, remove the plastic black frame for 2242 SSD format (just few screws), optionally – remove the nut used to fix 2242 SSD. I bought Intel 545S p/n SSDSCKKW256G8 SSD. I removed the plastic frame, the nut, installed the SSD into slot and closed the back cover. It works absolutely prefect and flawless since then.

1. It is recognised by BIOS immediately and consistentnly, in 100% attempts. No modifications or settings required. And yes – now you can even use the Fast Boot option – it really works well.
    2. You can install Windows on this SSD with no problems, the copiing of files takes few seconds to complete now.
    3. The system starts normally, and the stock Windows 10 ATA controller “Microsoft” driver works perfectly with this SSD.
    4. The SATA mode is 6 Gb/s now, always. Read speed 550 Mb/s, write speed 480 Mb/s tested with CrystalDiskMark v6.
    5. No more problems, everything is fast and stable, even the installation of the programs and software is faster now, than it was on KingSpec SSD.

Problem solved. If you get the same problems as described above – do not waste your time, throw away junky SSD and buy a good one. Maybe Samsung or WD will work as well, but I personally tested only the Intel 545S.

Good luck to everyone!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    JesDoias
    Participant

Hello everybody! Just wanted to add some experience to the issue with SSD and Jumper EZBOOK 3 Pro v6. I bought KingSpec NT-256 SSD from official KingSpec store. I tried it in my home PC, it worked well, and speeds were 560 read, 430 write. But it worked well only on my home PC. As soon as I installed in in Jumper – I started to experience the folloing problems:

1. SSD is not recognised by BIOS about 30% of attempts to start..
    2. When it is recognised – you can’t install Windows on it – process fails at “Copiing windows files” which will last forever and never end.
    3. I cloned the system from eMMC with Paragon Migrate OS to SSD software – after this I succeeded in starting system from SSD. But again – about 30% of start attempts failed due to SSD disappearing from BIOS.
    4. When the system starts from SSD – it hangs, because the SSD is always busy at 100% duty, and write speed is next to zero. This can be solved by installing Intel RST v13.2.8.1002 driver. Direct download link. You will need to first install Win RAID CA certificate, and after that manuall update the ATA controlled driver from Microsoft’s to this downloaded driver and reboot. This will allow you to use your system with read and write speeds at about 280 Mb/s. The SATA mode will be only SATA300 instead of SATA600, but again, at least you now can use your system from SSD.
    5. Apparently, you will get bored by failed starts, and will want to solve the problem once and forever. I tried a lot of things, lots of different drivers, lots of BIOS settings modifications, I even tried some hardware fixes – I soldered the ground directly from motherboard to the SSD adapter, but nothing helped.

And so, here is my solution. Throw you piece of junk low-end chinese SSD away, and install a new one, preferably from some high-end brands, and preferably in 2280 format. To install 2280 SSD you need to remove the back cover of the norebook, remove the plastic black frame for 2242 SSD format (just few screws), optionally – remove the nut used to fix 2242 SSD. I bought Intel 545S p/n SSDSCKKW256G8 SSD. I removed the plastic frame, the nut, installed the SSD into slot and closed the back cover. It works absolutely prefect and flawless since then.

1. It is recognised by BIOS immediately and consistentnly, in 100% attempts. No modifications or settings required. And yes – now you can even use the Fast Boot option – it really works well.
    2. You can install Windows on this SSD with no problems, the copiing of files takes few seconds to complete now.
    3. The system starts normally, and the stock Windows 10 ATA controller “Microsoft” driver works perfectly with this SSD.
    4. The SATA mode is 6 Gb/s now, always. Read speed 550 Mb/s, write speed 480 Mb/s tested with CrystalDiskMark v6.
    5. No more problems, everything is fast and stable, even the installation of the programs and software is faster now, than it was on KingSpec SSD.

Problem solved. If you get the same problems as described above – do not waste your time, throw away junky SSD and buy a good one. Maybe Samsung or WD will work as well, but I personally tested only the Intel 545S. Good luck to everyone!

Despite of obvious bigger storage space, can you tell us more about positive increase in boot time / overall system responsiveness and usage comfort?

Kirux0
    Participant

Despite of obvious bigger storage space, can you tell us more about positive increase in boot time / overall system responsiveness and usage comfort?

I haven’t used much this notebook with system running on eMMC, I startes to move it to SSD almost at the first day. I can say that my eMMC was rather fast (Sandisk with speed about 200/140). Therefore I can’t say that there is dramatic improvement in speed, but there definitely is to some extent. I would say that if you are lucky to have fast eMMC and do not need extra space – there is no reason to install the SSD. However, if you already bought the SSD which is luckily working good and stable, why not transfer the system to SSD and gain some extra speed and responsiveness.

Measured numbers are better than a million words, uh? I attached the speed mesurements of my stock eMMC, my faulty KingSpec Nt-256 running at SATA300 speeds and my new Intel 545s running at SATA600 speeds. The difference is clearly visible.

Attachments:
    Thomas Z.
    Participant

i also have an kingspec and 50% of the time i use the laptop i get a boot error screen. Then i have to restart several times and then it might work. I wouldnt buy those shitty ssd´s anymore. Also they use cheaply quality parts (read the aliexpress comment with 1 star, and the controller is gargabe as you can search on google).

Attachments:
    Mehtevas
    Participant

I tried with Kirux0’s AHCI drivers, but it didn’t work. I tried again with the Lenovo driver. Unfortunately same problems. I don’t know what to do. This laptop and the kingdian are not friends.

Vassilis
    Participant

i have YEPO 737A which is identical with Ezbook 3 pro
    i bought the KINGSPEC SSD 128GB but finally i realised it is not compatible !!!!!
    other times it recognised by the BIOS others NOT
    when it is recognised it is so FAST
    but i can NOT reply on this product
    i am so sad !!!

i tried all the advices but NO success.

i did a clone from windows 10 eMMC to my new SSD but sometimes cannot recognised by the BIOS

any other suggestions?

Chupa
    Participant

try clone to better bios or use ssd via usb3

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Vassilis
    Participant

try clone to better bios or use ssd via usb3

the BIOS is fully unclocked

but there is NO BIOS upgrade

what to do??

do you have BIOS update??

there is NO benefit and it is not comfortable to use it through USB3 !!!  i need it for BOOT drive

Chupa
    Participant

Please share your data regarding m.2 SSD failures here so we can find a solution together.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Vassilis
    Participant

Please share your data regarding m.2 SSD failures here so we can find a solution together.

My friend

I have already shared my data to the link you gave me

Is there any new BIOS update to fix the problem with the KingSpec SSD drive disk ?

Chupa
    Participant

yes you were the first and only so far. we need a lot more people with input to see a pattern. It will take time.
    Somebody in some post found a solution with an Intel m.2 SSD what worked without problem but that is all I found so far.
    Do your own research, you have enough data here in the Jumper forum, then share it.

Need Help?

ADEM
    Participant

someone please help me.
    I have a KingSpec 256 GB SSD.
    I now have win10 1803 version installed on my ezbook.
    but I can not format the SSD.
    I can not build windows on SSD.
    It does not appear in bios.
    I can not use the SSD on a computer.
    I tried macrium reflect, minitool wizard, cmd, all but it is not.
    My bios is locked and I only have 4 tabs.

Chupa
    Participant

talk to dealer and send back when he offers no soution

Need Help?

Mat
    Participant

Same problem here, Transcend MTS420 120GB not working properly, sometimes working, other times not recognized by BIOS.. only usable as a secondary drive and not good speeds at all.. After trying many tweaks I returned the ssd to the shop and bought Samsung 860 Evo 250gb, works great at full speed without any tweaks, just plug and play..

Only downside is you have to unmount the back cover and cut the 2242 ssd frame to fit the 2280 ssd in there.. but its easy and really worth it (but you probably loose warranty because there is label on one of the screws)

also crucial mx300/mx500 and intel ssd´s should be fine

Barodius
    Participant

Sorry to hear about your situation, but I think I can help you. With the help of this article about g suite migration you can transfer your data and prevent any data loss.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar