Keyboard and touchpad not disabled in tablet mode

Keyboard and touchpad not disabled in tablet mode

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast F6 Pro Keyboard and touchpad not disabled in tablet mode

This topic contains 61 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  mister_tb 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • Author

Loirt
    Participant

Hi all,

I reinstalled my tablet, to make sure that I have a correct Windows version running.

As far as I know I have installed all the drivers, but when I want to use tablet mode the keyboard and touchpad keep working.
    It is really annoying, because I cannot use it in tablet mode. It will randomly push buttons…

Does anyone know which driver or program I need to fix this?It is really annoying right know…

Thanks in advance.

sportnok
    Participant

Have you had a look in device manager to see if there are any yellow triangles with exclamation marks?
    If there are, Download the drivers for the F6 from the download section on here, and update the driver, directing windows to search the folder you have downloaded.

GarethRossUK
    Participant

Did this work before you reinstalled ?

When folding the keyboard behind the screen Windows 10 will always ask if you want to enter tablet mode and when unfolding it will again ask if you wanted to leave tablet mode.

Loirt
    Participant

There are no yellow icons…

I think it worked before. My laptop is also not detecting that I’m folding the screen.
    If I close the laptop, the screen will go off and turn into sleepmode, so it looks like it is working…

I have already reset the laptop with no result.

I also looked up the driver list, but all of the drivers that does sound like they could solve this are already installed…
    Now it’s hardly able to work in tablet mode…

Thanks for your answers, but no luck so far.

GarethRossUK
    Participant

Loirt
    Participant

I already tried those solutions. But none of them works.

I just reinstalled all drivers with no results. It is still not detecting tablet mode…
    Hopefully someone can help me, or if somebody has an image I would love to have that.

Currently I’m thinking about scripting something, so I can disable the keyboard and touchpad with one click.

Thanks for the help so far!

Alex
    Participant

I have exactly the same issue. Have you managed to sort anything?

I obviously appreciate the drivers upload but there’s definitely something missing from it. It would help if we could compare all installed drivers, including versions, between dodgy stock windows and a fresh install after all updates. Something should stick out. Any tools that could simplify that?

I presume the sensor is on the GPIO so last resort would be to watch each GPIO whilst folding the screen. Never tried this in Windows, the API looks horrible.

Loirt
    Participant

No I haven’t figured out anything yet..

Maybe someone can send a list or screenshot with all drivers.

I cannot find the stock image anywhere, so for me its hard to compare.

Please let me know if you found something. I cannot use it as a tablet right now…

GarethRossUK
    Participant

I too have this same problem after moving to a new hard drive to increase capacity. I did a clean install via the USB tool for Win 10 install, I tried cloning the hard drive and no tools worked I got close with one install but ended up with a blue-screen.

Now I do have another F6 Pro but this unit is for sale and I don’t want to enter the setup process otherwise the new owner wouldn’t be buying a new notebook from me. I could find a way to try cloning again from this new drive it will be a fully clean image. I don’t know how the right way to clone as I didn’t have any luck with it before which is why I resulted in using the install tool from the Microsoft website. I tried three different cloning programs and the closest I got to a working clone still resulted in a blue-screen and wouldn’t proceed.

I can only think this like the speaker issue is a power setting. Anyone with a working unit if they can check the power setting for the base within device manager. The screen is power as D0 which is always on while the base is D3 which is off. Now I think the default for the base is what is behind this perhaps but I couldn’t find the power setting to change this in regedit. Since the screen still rotates but the keyboard being folded isn’t detected I think this is why this isn’t functioning. I may try this on the new unit to check but I’d rather wait to hear back from someone with a working unit already logged in and able to check the device manager for the base.

D3 = OFF

D0 = ON

Check anything you’d like in device manager for this

regedit – 5175D334-C371-4806-B3BA-71FD53C9258D – I think this is the directory but I dont see any power options. check this in the properties for the driver then property drop down list see driver key and power data.

Like I said I’m sure anyone who has this working probably sees the power data for the Kionix KXCJ9 3-Axis Base will probably confirm its D0 if its D3 even just after folding into tablet mode I would be surprised. Now how to clone the values for this if I am correct, since it isn’t in regedit unless elsewhere that wont be easy.

Now another way is if I find a way to make a fully clean and working clone we could all install from that and it would be like out of the box with the setup screen and languages ect.

GarethRossUK
    Participant

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{5175d334-c371-4806-b3ba-71fd53c9258d}\0000]
    “DriverDesc”=”Kionix KXCJ9 3-axis accelerometer Base”
    “ProviderName”=”Kionix”
    “DriverDateData”=hex:00,40,ff,f0,30,8e,d2,01
    “DriverDate”=”2-24-2017”
    “DriverVersion”=”1.0.0.26”
    “InfPath”=”oem11.inf”
    “InfSection”=”MyDevice_Install.NT”
    “MatchingDeviceId”=”ACPI\\KIOX020A”

GarethRossUK
    Participant

I’m wondering can I clone the SSD from the new unit that hasn’t had it’s preferences set so it’s fresh out of the factory, would it matter which type of storage it was cloned to? I’ve got a spare 200GB MicroSD card can I clone an SSD to a MicroSD and then clone from the MicroSD back to a different SSD if I got a working bootable clone would this possibly work?

I would release this image file public as it’s out of the box so to speak factory cloned image. A clean factory clone would be an asset for future upgrades I believe we are missing something important. Searching for this specific device from device manager I find a only others having a problem without a solution. I still think its a power setting but until I or anyone can access a factory copy of the Windows 10 install used we are unable to check.

Did anyone else find in System < Control panel – that information is missing like the Teclast Logo and support information?

The Windows 10 key is in the bios, I can only assume they do cloning at the factory too. The enclosure however I’ve got at the moment doesn’t appear to be creating successfully working Windows 10 images but I can’t keep spending on trying to find one that would work. Also for others to apply this clone you’d need an enclosure to clone onto the storage.

Klox
    Participant

I have the same problem. It used to detect when I switched to tablet mode, but after reinstalling windows 10 it doesn’t detect anymore. I don’t think the problem is with the drivers, because I tried to install the drivers of Kionix sensors from the backup (https://techtablets.com/wpfb_file_category/teclast-f6-pro/) and the problem persists.

GarethRossUK
    Participant

It’s not the drivers but it could be the configuration within the registry.

I’ve found a possible way to clone the factory installation of Win 10 OS from the new F6 Pro I’ve got here, clonezilla has a bootable image that is designed for cloning so if I boot with clonezilla on the new F6 Pro and overwrite the external 128GB Teclast SSD with the data of the new F6 Pro SSD data I should be able to create a compressed zip file containing the factory data. This will allow us all to clone the factory install files back to the SSD that is missing the boot data and all problems will be resolved.

Now that’s if this enclosure works I can have a working image file available for everyone tonight. I thought I’d have to buy two new enclosures but after finding clonezilla I’d only need one enclosure and if the one I’ve got doesn’t work I’ve found one on Amazon that is confirmed by others to work for cloning bootable Win 10 images.

Loirt
    Participant

Thanks GarethRoss! Hopefully you can provide us a cloned image.

I have only installed Windows and no other programs, so restoring a clone is not an issue.

I didn’t look into the sound issue yet. I was focussing on this issue first. So hopefully tomorrow this issue is fixed and I can use the laptop in tablet mode again!!

GarethRossUK
    Participant

I’ve found clonezilla live and if this enclosure works I’ll be uploading this clone as soon as possible it depends how much I can compress the image by hopefully not the full 128GB that will take a good week to do but if I’m able to compress to the size of the used space about 20GB it will be online before the evening.

Though I’m not sure how to create an image file from the image that is create hopefully I can make an ISO or something like this.

How to Create an ISO Image of Your Windows System

I want to make it so this will present anyone using the image an out of the factory setup image, I noticed further language options were available out of the factory and that the Teclast logo and support info is in the system information screen and that we are missing the function of tablet mode something that a clone will fix unless it’s in the bios which surely that wouldn’t be caused by a clean install.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password