Keyboard and touchpad not disabled in tablet mode

Keyboard and touchpad not disabled in tablet mode

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast F6 Pro Keyboard and touchpad not disabled in tablet mode

This topic contains 64 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Alexandro Fonseca 2 days, 5 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 65 total)
  • Author

Loirt
    Participant

If you are using clonezilla, maybe this link can help you:

Part-2: Creation of autorun recovery Clonezilla live CD/DVD from image

This explains on how to create in iso image out of it.

Thanks for all the effort!

GarethRossUK
    Participant

I coudn’t get my portable USB DVD burner to start at boot so if you have to use clonezilla use a USB drive to create a bootable image of the program.

GarethRossUK
    Participant

I got the clone working!

It’s a factory image probably the same method on a smaller scale at the factory. Complete as if it were out of the box installation!

This image is formated for a 128GB but with the correct partitioning software you’ll be able to merge patitions to recover and use the full space available to any larger SSD you wish to use.

CloneZilla bootable image via a livelinux USB thumb drive.

2242 M.2 Enclosure any even very cheap will work but check reviews before buying.

The clone only takes minutes to write from the clone, I tried other cloning software and only had problems CloneZilla worked first try no errors except one that never repeats itself and can be ignored just by clicking restart. Even the factory origonal non cloned SSD had this error on first boot after a clone was made from this!

Now I plan to release the image but I’m not sure of a few things.

How to release a shared cloned image of this?

Will the image contain the Windows OEM Key?

Is it legal to share?

Can I compress this image to about 22GB the used Windows 10 space and all the empty space be compressed or will it be stuck at 128GB ?

What’s a reilable host to upload the origonal image too? I’ve got a dependable connection I can upload 5GB and hour with so hope this isn’t any bigger than 22GB and I can get it online before tomorrow.

Questions that you may have:

Is it safe to use? Yes it’s nothing more than what you will find when first switching on the F6 Pro for the first time.

Whats included : Windows 10 Home version 1703 uses OEM key, from BIOS?(I believe)

Language files are as they were out of the box! I found the OS install from the support tool were missing most language options found in the included setup.

Drivers? these are as they were none are updated and chinese language files are still present for example the Magic Mic and intel 615 graphics driver is from a year ago! Update this as soon as you start.

Can this image be used for larger SSD? Yes this is exactly what I did but you will need an extra step after the setup process is completed.

Does this restore tablet mode? Yes it does even durring the initial Windows 10 setup process this function is seen working.

Does the System screen in control pannel contain the origonal information? Yes this is recovered you will have all the support and logo information.

GarethRossUK
    Participant

While I also remember I had a nightmare with the setup till I tried this!

CloneZilla: Writing the clone to the SSD be sure the drive you want to send the clone to is internal if it is external I kept having it get stuck and lock up. As soon as I moved what I’m cloning to as the internal and cloning from as the external I didn’t get stuck.

To create the ISO can I write to any storage or does it have to be an SSD?

I do see a ZIP option? I would only recommend clonezilla any other software had failed me at different stages and clonezilla is the only one to have worked for me. <b>AOMEI Partition Assistant</b> is what I used to extend the partition by merging after the clone was written to the designated drive.

GarethRossUK
    Participant

http://michaeljgirard.com/index.php/create_image_using_clonezilla_live/

I think I’ll try this it seems I can use any USB to clone the image too. Some of these steps are out of date I’m creating the image now.

http://michaeljgirard.com/index.php/restore_image_using_clonezilla_live/

Loirt
    Participant

GarethRossUK, thanks for all the effort. Any luck on compressing the clone?

I’m not sure if you can simply upload it, if you want, can you please send me a message with a link so I can download it?

I really appreciate all your help! I really hope I can use my laptop as tablet again!

Please let me know if you have uploaded the image. I think with your information, I will be able to get the clone on my SSD.

GarethRossUK
    Participant

I’ll be uploading it soon trying to find a host which is fast but also no single file size limit I’d like to upload as a single file. The clone created not a single ISO but a folder with some files inside. I can only assume this is correctly created by FileZilla as it passed verification.

What I did notice between the clean install vs factory install at least for me is that with the factory install I never found the USB port on the right side to be faster than USB 2.0 while the port on the left is functioning as full speed USB 3.0 this was always the case even before cloning I’d only seen full speed from this port when it was on the clean install from the Windows 10 support page installation. Why is that?

At least I know its not a faulty port but probably a driver issue, perhaps if someone can please copy all the USB drivers from a clean installation I can then check against what I’ve got.

GarethRossUK
    Participant

This requires CloneZilla Live USB

This will be required minimum size of USB can be 2.0 doesn’t matter if its the slowest of USB drives for the CloneZilla tool.

You will need the files I’ve cloned from a factory clean F6 Pro. Ive uploaded to Mega I can upload to others if required but this has taken a number of hours to upload. I haven’t tested this image file but CloneZilla verified the output.

http://michaeljgirard.com/index.php/restore_image_using_clonezilla_live/ This will hopefully be the correct guide on how to use the clone to restore the drive.

As always backup all data this will overall will apply the 128GB Teclast clone and overwrite existing data.

I’ve split the download into four parts it’s easier to resume if anything happens and easier to copy to a FAT32 drive in it’s compressed state. You will need to extract this into a directory(folder) in preparation for CloneZilla.

If you are writing this to anything bigger than 128GB you may need to adjust / merge the partitions after the clone has been written to the SSD.

Since I’ve not tested the image Ive uploaded I cant confirm the clone will work but I was able to create a working clone as this did a complete sector by sector overwrite and not a highly compressed folder. I’d suggest creating a recovery usb before proceeding incase it fails.

I’ll be sharing it to those who request this for the time being to make certain that it is working, I’ll also need to make sure the OEM key isn’t distributed.

GarethRossUK
    Participant

GarethRossUK, thanks for all the effort. Any luck on compressing the clone? I’m not sure if you can simply upload it, if you want, can you please send me a message with a link so I can download it? I really appreciate all your help! I really hope I can use my laptop as tablet again! Please let me know if you have uploaded the image. I think with your information, I will be able to get the clone on my SSD.

I’ve sent a private message with the links please let me know in this topic if it worked.

Loirt
    Participant

I have received the message. I will download the files today and try to get it to work this weekend. Hopefully everything will work in a few days!

If I have some questions, I will come back to you ;).

Thanks for the image and all the work you have done!

I will let you know in a few days if I get everything to work!

GarethRossUK
    Participant

I have received the message. I will download the files today and try to get it to work this weekend. Hopefully everything will work in a few days! If I have some questions, I will come back to you ;). Thanks for the image and all the work you have done! I will let you know in a few days if I get everything to work!

What ever happens don’t worry I will if this one fails to work a working clone will be uploaded. I’ve got everything I need to keep trying to get a shared clone available. It’s important for everyone with the F6 Pro to have a copy of this so if you ever have a failed SSD or need to start from scratch with the SSD without the clone we would it seems loose our tablet functionality.

Loirt
    Participant

GarethRoss, one question. I downloaded the image. Can I simply place this image on a usb?
    Or do I need to create an image out of these files first?

I already created a Clonezilla USB.

So can I copy the files to another USB and start restoring that image?

GarethRossUK
    Participant

GarethRoss, one question. I downloaded the image. Can I simply place this image on a usb? Or do I need to create an image out of these files first? I already created a Clonezilla USB. So can I copy the files to another USB and start restoring that image?

From what I understand the files just need to be in a folder ideally with the same name as the ZIP files were in just without the part number and the .zip These files should be ready to use when extracted.

If you have problems extracting use 7zip.

pipolitoto
    Participant

Hello!

Is the problem of keyboard and touchpad not functionnal in tablet or how to clone the original ssd on another greatest?

In my case the keyboard and touchpad aren’t functionnal in tablet mode, it’s ok.

I upgrade the SSD 128go to 256go without problems, but very carefully.

One think is very or more important, is make with w10 only :

1. A repair disc.
    2. An image of your system (on usb key or DVD), keep them all the life of your tablet.

If some people intresting i will write a post to give us my process, who isn’t universal but sure.

The success of this manipulation depend of lot of details.

thanks

GarethRossUK
    Participant

I’ve got a clone of the factory Windows 10 image that Teclast provided it’s undergoing testing with credit to Loirt for trialing this clone of the Win 10 out of factory SSD image.

The loose of tablet functionality with keyboard and touchpad turning off only appears to be an issue if you don’t clone the original SSD installation.

If you do a clean install without original installation being used you will always loose tablet functionality. Unless you have found something that restores tablet function even after a clean install?

Creating an image after the functionality is lost wont bring it back, you’d need an out of the factory cloned image of the SSD or just after installation but at this point a clean install becomes invalid so an out of the factory clone like the one I’ve created is the only sure way to keep this.

A repair disc may possibly hold this information but again you’d need to create this before doing a clean installation before you loose again tablet functionality.

Unless you know something different on how to recover this function of the tablet with keyboard and touchpad disabled when keyboard is folded?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password