Linux Mint on Chuwi Hi10 & Hi12 Tablets

Linux Mint on Chuwi Hi10 & Hi12 Tablets

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi10 Discussion Linux Mint on Chuwi Hi10 & Hi12 Tablets

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 441 total)
  • Author
    Tikilou
    Participant

We need the kernel and driver source code without this things there is nothing to do with this tablet

I agree and disagree. It will be more easy with the Linux kernel and modules source code of Android build for Hi10, but we can’t abandon, most of unsupported devices are now supported, and other hardware are supported but the kernel don’t know ACPI Hardware IDs of our tablet and can’t purpose to use an existant compatible module.
    Yes, this is work, but i think it’s possible to look existant drivers on Github repositories, and compare compatible driver used in Windows and ask a patch compatibility on github & cie.

Destry
    Participant

Today I installed Linux Mint Cinnamon 18 full release on the HI12 Dual Boot with no installation issues. Did a complete disk wipe and install. Got wifi working. Still working on sound and touch screen. Resolution: 2160×1440 @ 59.95hz

What was strange was 2 weeks ago when I used live usb of Cinnamon 18 beta, touch screen worked. That was before I wiped the drive though..

Linux Mint on my Chuwi Hi12

Lupo
    Participant

Today I installed Linux Mint Cinnamon 18 full release on the HI12 Dual Boot with no installation issues. Did a complete disk wipe and install. Got wifi working. Still working on sound and touch screen. Resolution: 2160×1440 @ 59.95hz What was strange was 2 weeks ago when I used live usb of Cinnamon 18 beta, touch screen worked. That was before I wiped the drive though..

Congrats!!! 🙂

I’ll update the first posting with the information you provided!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Tonight I have installed linux mint 18 64bits cinnamond final release and don’t work wifi, touch screen, sound.  Do you install some drivers??. I upgraded the OS and nothing works.

My chuwi is a hi10 dual os.

Thank you.

Destry
    Participant

Tonight I have installed linux mint 18 64bits cinnamond final release and don’t work wifi, touch screen, sound. Do you install some drivers??. I upgraded the OS and nothing works.

My chuwi is a hi10 dual os.

Thank you.

Read this post: http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/linux-on-atom-based-devices/page/11/#post-42603

Tikilou
    Participant

Don’t you read previous posts ?…

Tikilou
    Participant

For Hi10 DualOS, after updating 4.6 kernel, i can successfully write on internal memory partition. I’ve repartition Windows, and DD the linux partition on the USB key to internal memory.

After first boot of Linux On internal memory, we need to use a command for not need the USB key for booting anymore.

first, backup /boot/efi/EFI/manjaro and delete it, after that, use this command for generate a new  /boot/efi/EFI/manjaro/grubx64.efi :

sudo grub-install –target=x86_64-efi –efi-directory=/boot/efi –bootloader-id=Manjaro –recheck

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m sorry. I undertand with the new 18 final release the touch screen, and WiFi works without install any drivers.

Destry
    Participant

Not for me it don’t…

Tikilou
    Participant

Good news ! A developer work on the Touchscreen driver : https://github.com/Dax89/chuwi-dev/tree/master/drivers/chipone_ts

His profile on TechTablet : http://techtablets.com/members/dax89/

I can’t test it actually because my touchscreen is broken, if somes peoples want to test it… 🙂

Destry
    Participant

Awesome! I will definitely be testing this driver on my Hi12!

zak
    Participant

Good news

The driver provided by Dax89 work with CHUWI HI10 tested with UBUNTU GNOME 16.04 with kernel 4.4.0.28 and 4.6.3

But need touchscreen firmware.bin we can find this on windows drivers called (ChpnTS_Signed)

BBaker
    Participant

need touchscreen firmware.bin we can find this on windows drivers called (ChpnTS_Signed)

Why?  I don’t understand what this file is or what it does?  A firmware file on windows can be used on Linux?
    If the Dax89 driver works then what is this file needed for?

zak
    Participant

need touchscreen firmware.bin we can find this on windows drivers called (ChpnTS_Signed)

Why? I don’t understand what this file is or what it does? A firmware file on windows can be used on Linux? If the Dax89 driver works then what is this file needed for?

Dax89 driver need icnfirmware.bin to work without this .bin the driver is useless

BBaker
    Participant

Is Dax89 involved in this thread?  I tried to help Destry out on this LinuxMint thread on building that Dax89 driver and it compiled fine but I don’t have the hardware to test it.  Also, my knowledge on this driver stuff is very limited.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 441 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar