Linux Mint on Chuwi Hi10 & Hi12 Tablets

Linux Mint on Chuwi Hi10 & Hi12 Tablets

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi10 Discussion Linux Mint on Chuwi Hi10 & Hi12 Tablets

This topic contains 431 replies, has 58 voices, and was last updated by  Brad 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 432 total)
  • Author

Dax89
    Participant

The driver needs to flash and boot the touchscreen’s firmware before getting any info 🙂

It’s on the repository now.
    I’m also adding the “install” step in order to use it like any order driver.

BBaker
    Participant

icnfirmware.bin

need touchscreen firmware.bin we can find this on windows drivers called (ChpnTS_Signed)

Why? I don’t understand what this file is or what it does? A firmware file on windows can be used on Linux? If the Dax89 driver works then what is this file needed for?

Dax89 driver need icnfirmware.bin to work without this .bin the driver is useless

You didn’t answer my questions. What is this file and what is it used for – is it touchscreen firmware built for Windows or what?  Also, where does it come from, only Chipone has this file or what?

BBaker
    Participant

The driver needs to flash and boot the touchscreen’s firmware before getting any info ? It’s on the repository now. I’m also adding the “install” step in order to use it like any order driver.

OK cool. So was I even close here?

Dax89
    Participant

@bradley-baker:

Read above this post.

The firmware comes from Chipone’s windows driver.
    I don’t find anything strange on it, there are some wifi cards (like the one in my Vi10 Ultimate) that needs to flash firmware before doing anything.

Dax89
    Participant

The driver needs to flash and boot the touchscreen’s firmware before getting any info ?<noscript>?</noscript>It’s on the repository now. I’m also adding the “install” step in order to use it like any order driver.

OK cool. So was I even close here?

Yes 🙂

BBaker
    Participant

Dax, what is the distinction of the touch panels – one is in the Vi10 and the other Hi12?

Btw, are you sure that is the touch panel yours has?…
    Touch Panel Chipone 8XXX CHPN0001 chipone_ts

There is a lot of mention on Github about this other one by Silead in the Chuwi Vi10…
    https://github.com/onitake/gsl-firmware/tree/master/firmware/chuwi/vi10

Dax89
    Participant

Wait wait!

Vi10 is a lot different that Vi10 Ultimate (from the hardware point of view).
    I don’t own an Hi12, so I don’t know which touchscreen have, however it’s possible to look in Windows 10’s device manager.

Tikilou
    Participant

acbka asyan4ik
    Participant

BBaker
    Participant

Wait wait! Vi10 is a lot different that Vi10 Ultimate (from the hardware point of view). I don’t own an Hi12, so I don’t know which touchscreen have, however it’s possible to look in Windows 10’s device manager.

Looks like the Hi12 firmware can be downloaded on the Chuwi forum:

Windows Only: http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-167-1-1.html
    Win/Android Dual Boot: http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-1160-1-1.html

Dax89
    Participant

Chuwi Hi12 have a Goodix Touchscreen (ACPI id “GDIX1001”).
    I have searched its id on github and this should be the driver: https://github.com/SharkBa1t/ap523/blob/master/drivers/input/touchscreen/goodix.c

PS: Someone have managed to get the battery working on these tablets?
    In my case, an entire bus (i2c, no. 7) is undetected because the kernel can’t take the ownership (the “bad” driver is i2c_designware_baytrail).

That bus contains the battery controller and module (made by X-Power).

[ 2.916762] i2c_designware 808622C1:06: I2C bus managed by PUNIT
     [ 3.016401] i2c_designware 808622C1:06: punit semaphore timed out, resetting
     [ 3.016714] i2c_designware 808622C1:06: PUNIT SEM: 2
     [ 3.017651] i2c_designware 808622C1:06: couldn't acquire bus ownership
     [ 3.018004] i2c_designware: probe of 808622C1:06 failed with error -110

A good news is that the kernel seems to have the X-Power battery controller drivers (AXP288) but it’s not enabled by default.

EDIT: Goodix driver is even in mainline kernel!

Tikilou
    Participant

Unfortunatly, Dax89 don’t have Hi10, and it’s the only driver developer for our tablets… The good way can be to add money on paypal account, and gift to him a Chuwi Hi10 DualOS for working on it (and HiBook, except touchscreen it’s the same internal hardware/software). 🙂

I’m ready to give 20€/$, there is people who want participate ?

zak
    Participant

<!–more–>

<hr />

Unfortunatly, Dax89 don’t have Hi10, and it’s the only driver developer for our tablets… The good way can be to add money on paypal account, and gift to him a Chuwi Hi10 DualOS for working on it (and HiBook, except touchscreen it’s the same internal hardware/software). ? I’m ready to give 20€/$, there is people who want participate ?

<!–more–>I am working with him to make this driver full support hi10 the driver is on github you can add code and report, i have compiled kernel with sound patch will test it

Tikilou
    Participant

Awesome ! Waiting patiently. 🙂

BBaker
    Participant

Chuwi Hi12 have a Goodix Touchscreen (ACPI id “GDIX1001”). I have searched its id on github and this should be the driver: https://github.com/SharkBa1t/ap523/blob/master/drivers/input/touchscreen/goodix.c

Dax, about the Chuwi Hi12, I found this…  https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=223426&p=1189584#p1189584

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 432 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password