Linux Mint on Chuwi Hi10 & Hi12 Tablets

Linux Mint on Chuwi Hi10 & Hi12 Tablets

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi10 Discussion Linux Mint on Chuwi Hi10 & Hi12 Tablets

This topic contains 431 replies, has 58 voices, and was last updated by  Brad 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 432 total)
  • Author

Dmitry
    Participant

Hi! Please need help! I’ve just installed Linux Mint 18.1 KDE on my tablet Chuwi hi12. The wifi is not working, so I’ve seen the recommended here link (https://github.com/hadess/rtl8723bs) for installing the Realtek SDIO Wi-Fi driver. The problem is I am completely new to Linux system so I have no idea how exactly should I install that driver (there is no detailed explanation there). I’ve downloaded all files from there, tried to install it using the commands given there but got errors.

Could you please explain how exactly should I do to istall the driver.The version of kernel I have is 4.4. Thank you very much for your help!

Dmitry
    Participant

OK, finally I’ve managed to install the wifi driver and got it working now) But I have no sound and no battery indicator… As to the sound I’ve seen here recommended to use an external sound card. OK, it is a solution but it would be great to manage it without the external sound card. So my question is: is there any version or distribution of Linux which has no such problem with sound card? As to the battery indicator, is there any solution for this? Thank you for your help!)

Brad
    Participant

I have used the latest Linuxium version for 2 weeks on my V300 Hi10 Tablet.

http://linuxiumcomau.blogspot.com/2017/01/bleeding-edge-ubuntu-4100-57-kernel.html

This is the first Linux distribution which works perfectly with the Intel Video driver where the screen rotation works perfectly out of the box!

Also out of the box perfectly are working the WiFI, Bluetooth and the BATTERY level indicator! ?
    Unfortunately the screen brightness, the screen rotation and the audio aren’t working.

I just noticed Linuxium has some news out and says HDMI audio is now working (or will be?) for Bay Trail and Cherry Trail devices…
    “Finally HDMI audio on Bay Trail and Cherry Trail devices will be officially supported in mainline kernel starting from v4.11”
    http://linuxiumcomau.blogspot.com.br/2017/02/mainline-kernel-support-for-byt-and-cht.html

Anonymous

In the quote, one sentence says screen rotation works perfectly
    “out of the box” and the next sentence says it doesn’t work.

Which is correct, please?

Cool news on the rest!

Thanks – David

Lupo
    Participant

screen rotation, WiFi, Bluetooth and battery indicator level are working

palito
    Participant

screen rotation, WiFi, Bluetooth and battery indicator level are working

Out of the box or there is a need to install some stuff on Chuwi to make it work? Been thinking of installing Linux on mine but don’t want to do that if wifi and screen driver don’t work.

cody leonard
    Participant

Anyone have info on how to get the aceloromitor to work, or the device id so I can try to find a driver

el Salmon
    Participant

Hi,

does anyone get Android or RemixOS boot from Grub?

I want to keep a dual system in my Hi10 Pro: RemixOS and Linux. I have installed Debian Stretch 9 rc2 sucessfully and removed Windows 10 partitions (NTFS and EFI). But Debian installation wizard doesn’t ask for the grub installation. Android-IA boot doesn’t work: booting is stopped in the Chuwi logo screen.

I have tried with several distributions: Linux Mint (kernel 4.4 so partitions modifications doesn’t work), Linuxium’s Ubuntu (only works with nomodeset kernel option, so it’s stalled in 800×600 resolution). Debian 9 seems to be fine for the basic features., just need to install the additional drivers like Wifi, touchscreen, etc.

Padi Phillips
    Participant

Hi, I’ve just tried the Ubunjtu 16.04 option from Linuxium, running from USB but as a result I seem to have done something so that now Android won’t boot, (i.e. I get the CHUWI logo, but the Intel animation doesn’t appear). I’ve checked the filesystem, and all the Android system seems to be there, but for some reason it will no longer boot. Windows boots fine, (sadly, as I don’t like Windows at all).

Until everything works with Ubuntu, I’d like to maintain another operating system on this device, (it’s my bedroom entertainment system), preferably Android, so if anyone knows how to get Android working again I’d be very pleased if they could let me know what to do.

Apart from the lack of a working touch screen and rotation Ubuntu seems to work really well – it even coped really well with running a virtual world viewer for Open Simulator, which is a pretty good test of low powered hardware with something that is pretty intensive in terms of graphics. I’m well pleased.

As a final request, is there a way to dual boot Ubuntu and Android rather than with Windows?

Brad
    Participant

I once installed RemixOS along side of Linux Mint. This is perhaps a good option since RemixOS allows running Android apps in full windows. I like it better.
    So you could start by installing Manjaro Linux Xfce 17.0 onto a USB drive. It runs really well on a USB 3.0 drive. This will allow you to have a system running while you try to figure out your HD/SSD problem. It has been a long time since I installed RemixOS in multi-boot mode with Linux so I cannot help you but I think I saw a Youtube video on how to do it. To install Manjaro just burn the ISO to a USB 2.0 drive 4GB or larger. Then Live-boot it and install to another USB 3.0 destination drive. Good luck.

el Salmon
    Participant

I have got dual OS finally: RemixOS and Debian 9. By default it boots on RemixOS (the white screen shows Android icon on init). I can choose Linux by pressing F7 when tablet is starting because is in the EFI entry list. I don’t know how to add RemixOS in the Grub config or set the Linux EFI entry with priority #1 in the UEFI configuration.

Brad
    Participant

I have got dual OS finally: RemixOS and Debian 9. By default it boots on RemixOS (the white screen shows Android icon on init). I can choose Linux by pressing F7 when tablet is starting because is in the EFI entry list. I don’t know how to add RemixOS in the Grub config or set the Linux EFI entry with priority #1 in the UEFI configuration.

do a google search for something like “Installing Remix OS on HDD using Ubuntu”

el Salmon
    Participant

do a google search for something like “Installing Remix OS on HDD using Ubuntu”

No, I don’t because RemixOS is already installed so I don’t want to installing anything, just configure Grub.

Brad
    Participant

That HD install articles shows you how to modify Grub. It’s relevant just read it.

fuck, this forum software is so buggy. It keeps deleting my posts and not allowing me to add stuff. PITA.

Brad
    Participant

That HD install articles shows you how to modify Grub. It’s relevant just read it.

geez, this forum software is so buggy. It keeps deleting my posts and not allowing me to add stuff. PITA.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 432 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password