Micro SD Issue

Micro SD Issue

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork10 Ultimate Micro SD Issue

This topic contains 78 replies, has 39 voices, and was last updated by  Jim 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 79 total)
  • Author

Flubski
    Participant

Hey Guys,

this thread is directed to all of you, who already own a Cube iWork10 Ultimate.

As some people say, the Cube doesnt support high speed micro sdhc/sdxc cards.

I would be very interested, who has this issue and who hasn´t.

Laura
    Participant

where have you got this information from?

all cherry trails tablets should be compatible with UHS-I cards

Matthew Fogle
    Participant

I have a patriot 128 GB that it seems is supported but if I transfer a large file to it it eventually corrupts and I have to format and start over .

Laura
    Participant

128gb cards have problems on most devices… guess they’re not ready yet, but up to 64 should work fine

Jhurko
    Participant

So better get a 64GB card? Good to know, thanks for the advise.

dlink377
    Participant

I tried Samsung EVO 64GB Class 10 card, and it is not working all the time. Now I just use cheap 8GB SD card and it is just working fine. I think the tablet cannot realibly use the Class 10 speed, or cannot use high capacity card. Either way, the 64GB card is just laying around, which I hope I don’t buy since this tablet doesn’t support it.

I must emphasize that the tablet can use 64 GB card, but it just not all the time. Sometimes it is just not detected at all, and in Android, it is constantly disconnected and reconnected randomly. Using 8GB Class 4 card in my case solves the problem. I don’t really need to use high capacity card since I only store music on the card.

But, it seems most people doesn’t have problem with particular SD Card, it is possible that I just have the lowest quality SD Card reader on the tablet. I also read so many people reporting on CUBE forum about this problem, just not this forum.

Daimeow
    Participant

Hi dlink377

Do u hv the EVO+ or EVO Pro? I am thinking of getting the EVO+ 128G myself. But after hearing your comments ….

BTW, my brother is using Sandisk 64G Extreme under ExFAT32 in Win10 with no problem. I guess I will follow then …

dlink377
    Participant

I believe it was EVO+, because I remember it was cheaper model. I don’t believe the SD card controller on the tablet fast enough for the EVO Pro variant.

Maybe f you strictly using it on Windows, I don’t think there will be any problem. Because the problem arise when I boot to Android and Windows multiple times, then the card is not detected anymore.

Maybe I should try formatting it to ExFAT, does android support that format? I frequently use Android because the YouTube application so much better than using Google Chrome on Windows. It is more touch friendly. Windows store doesn’t have apps for YouTube until now.

Sandisk Extreme? I should try that to, but I’m not ready to spend more money for SD Card right now. It is not that expensive, but I have no other uses for it if it can’t be used on the tablets.

Evil E.
    Participant

I have a SanDisk Ultra 64GB (NTFS-formatted) microSD card in my Cube iWork10 Ultimate tablet and it works perfectly. 8 haven’t had any problems with it yet. I personally have very good experiences with SanDisk microSD and SD cards, I haven’t had a single card fail on me in my tablets and video cameras.
    I suggest that you try to stick with well known and established brand names, they seem to be more reliable than the cheaper/unknown brands.

dlink377
    Participant

I have a SanDisk Ultra 64GB (NTFS-formatted) microSD card in my Cube iWork10 Ultimate tablet and it works perfectly. 8 haven’t had any problems with it yet. I personally have very good experiences with SanDisk microSD and SD cards, I haven’t had a single card fail on me in my tablets and video cameras. I suggest that you try to stick with well known and established brand names, they seem to be more reliable than the cheaper/unknown brands.

Does it works interchangeably on Windows and Android? Because it works until I change to Android and Windows multiple times.

Is Samsung SD Card bad? Because when I see on Amazon Review Page, Samsung has so much better review compared to Sandisk cards. Based on that, I believe Samsung is better card than Sandisk. I will probably try Sandisk SD Card next time, probably the tablet has a bad compatibility with Samsung one.

I don’t really need extra capacity right now. It will be fun if the Android can move the apps to external SD Card :).

Evil E.
    Participant

Does it works interchangeably on Windows and Android? Because it works until I change to Android and Windows multiple times.

I have a Windows 10 (x64) only Cube iWork10 Ultimate so I cannot comment on switching back and forth between OS’s and using microSD cards.

It may be the continuous switching that is causing the problem for you ? I don’t know how reliable Android works with “foreign” file system formats (like NTFS)…

Is Samsung SD Card bad? Because when I see on Amazon Review Page, Samsung has so much better review compared to Sandisk cards. Based on that, I believe Samsung is better card than Sandisk. I will probably try Sandisk SD Card next time, probably the tablet has a bad compatibility with Samsung one.

Samsung is considered to be a good brand name, I believe… I cannot comment on how good or bad Samsung SD/microSD cards are because I have never used them since I have excellent track records with all my SanDisk SD and microSD cards (and I have a lot of them and use them heavily), so I see no reason to change brand names since the ones that I use work flawlessly (I haven’t had 1 single SanDisk SD/microSD card fail on me so far).

Also : make sure that you buy your (micro)SD cards from a reliable source (not the cheap/fake crap you find on ebay or Chinese websites).

Laura
    Participant

i believe most people with issues have fake cards… they’re everywhere, some people even say there are fake ones on amazon

Nemix
    Participant

i believe most people with issues have fake cards… they’re everywhere, some people even say there are fake ones on amazon

This is exactly what I believe and yes Amazon has fakes too, the best way to is run programs like H2testw, FakeFlashTest and USB Flash Drive Tester on your PC’s SD card reader it available or a good USB SD Reader.

The good thing about getting fakes cards off Amazon is it’s relatively easy to get a refund back.

dlink377
    Participant

I bought Sandisk Class 10 Ultra micro SD 32GB (the grey one), and it doesn’t work on my tablet. It seems my tablet SD card reader have some flaws. I am stuck using Class 4 8GB for now.

Nhat Vu
    Participant

I have same problem with Samsung EVO plus 64gb class 10 but my tablet can detect and work without any problem with Toshiba 32gb class 10.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password