Micro SD Issue

Micro SD Issue

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork10 Ultimate Micro SD Issue

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Martin Gorbush
    Participant

NTFS and exFAT work fine in windows, but android wants FAT32 ( or FAT ) and nothing else.

That is true for this tablet and probably most of official firmwares on other devices with Android because NTFS and exFAT are licenced by Microsoft. Unofficial firmwares doesn’t have any problems with those file systems under Android.

rinaldo
    Participant

unfortunately, i’ve tried to restore/reinstall windows from the win10 : <span class=”_Tgc”>Settings > Update & security > Recovery > <b>Reset</b> this PC</span>

but nothing changed. the microSD hardware is ok, but not read by windows or android.

I will try to reinstall drivers by using doubledriver and dowloading “Cube IWork10 Ultimate Drivers Doubledriver (221.6 MiB)” from here . does someone knows how to use doubledriver and where to look for the Micro SD drivers? i wouls like to reinstall only the microSD drivers…

If it still does not work, I will try the complete refresh of the tablet with USB hub, keyboard by dowloading the files from techtablets ..

and update the forum if something changes…

rinaldo
    Participant

reinstalled the firmware successfully but the problem of the MicroSD is exactly the same:

• hardware is ok= when you insert the card in Win10 you hear the sound and in Android  you see the message that the card is empty or not formatted.
    • could be a driver problem… reinstalled but nothing changes…

does someone can help?

Ales Boucek
    Participant

Hi Rinaldo,

I have the same problem. In the beginning, sd card worked in win 10 but in Android connected and disconnected. Now it not worked anywhere.

I tried various sd card.
    It’s a pretty big problem for normal use of the tablet.
    Are you sure that it can not be a hardware failure?

rinaldo
    Participant

hi ales, i’m not sure 100%, but 90/95% yes.

i have taken the tablet to a chinese repair and service in Milan (they should be the best one). They said the micro sd car reader should be ok (they claim the sound in windows) and proposed me as the only alternative the possibility to restore the firmware (for 30 usd) saying that 60% of the case are solved in this way – 40% not.  i decided to try to reinstall everithing by myself… but it did not change nothing.

What i’m thinking to do is to try 2 other thinks read on internet:

1. delete the micro sd controller drivers and reinstall the windows 8 ones (froma a files to be dowloaded somewhere) It seemed that for teclast x98 it worked very well until the teclast released a new bios update that solved the problem. Cube where are you? could you update your BIOS to solve this problem?
    2. try to look at the bios to see if i can change something (i should check that it is activated) abt the sd reader… main problem is that i’m not so expert…

i’ll you all posted and updated

rinaldo
    Participant

update:

on ROM… i have nothing referring to microsd reader

on driver tried without results…

I bought a 64GB USB KEY with MicroUSB plug  ….

But if someone knows how to fix it… it’s welcome!

Ales Boucek
    Participant

I have a version of the 15 tl. I think most people have a version 15 td. Given that to most people here sd card works, worth would try to install this newer version 15 td?
    I unfortunately still far less expert than you. I dread that I make it brick when try to reinstall. Incidentally, in my tablet does not work properly USB3 (slow) sd card (like you), tablet is shuts down instead of put to sleep, It also spontaneously restarts over and over in android. Now I know that the Chinese tablets is only for those who have it can then finish to a usable state. 🙂

perso
    Participant

I am une OV 64go micro SDXC on  iwork10 flagship dual boot – z8300 – and work perfect

Flubski
    Participant

I´ve got the i15-TL version also. I rooted my android, since then everything works like a charm. I´m getting an sd card error like once a week.
    But this error can be solved by simply replugging it. I´m using a Samsung Ultra 64GB microSDXC (the gray one).

rinaldo
    Participant

TRIED EVEN TO REINSTALL ALL THE DRIVERS FRO THE DRIVERS FILES, BOT NOTHING CHANGES…. STARTING TO THINK IT IS AN HARDWARE PROBELM…EVEN IF THE TABLET RECOGNIZES WHEN YOU INSERT THE MICRO SD CARD… REALLY DO NOT KNOW.

I THINK I WILL GIVE UP AND MANTAIN THE TABLET AS IT IS…

FORTUNAELY THE SELLER HAS RECOGNIZED ME A PARTIAL REFUND SO I WILL WORK WITH 20GB IN ANDROID+40 IN WIN10.. AND USE EXTERNAL USB IF I NEED IT OR SIMPLY TO COPY THE VIDEOS/MUSIC  I WANT TO SEE/HEAR…

IT IS ANNOYING BUT FOR ABT 100 USD (NET OF REFUND) IT IS STILL A VERY GOOD TABLET (BUT WITHOUT MICROSD EXPANSION!!!)

freddy
    Participant

yeah im having the same issue with an Samsung EVO PLUS – i’ve read that the standard evos work fine.

Definitely looks like a windows 10 driver issue on some fast(er) micro sd cards, hardware is fine, android sees and reads/writes to card without issue.

When you plug it in you will hear the windows sound but it wont appear in file explorer or disk manager, under device manager you will see an device error for “sd storage class controller”

standard sd cards work fine, no problem.

The really weird thing is that this samsung evo plus actually worked for the first couple of days, maybe windows update downloaded a new driver and broke it.

TWICE
    Participant

My Samsung Evo 64GB and Memorette 128GB works fine in both Android and Windows. Both my cards are in FAT32.

perso
    Participant

sorry 2 EVO memories 64 and 32 bits worked just for the first couple of days on cube iwork 10 and also chiwi hi8 pro

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

Same problem here with a 64GB Samsung EVO plus. It happens a lot the card isn’t mounted in Windows and have to stick it out and back in again.

Ken Kor
    Participant

I am also having the same issuse on the 64GB SD cards with the laters type C version. The SD Card will not display in window 10 but it will show up on andriod.

Wonder if anyone have any fix on this issuse

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar