Micro SD Issue

Micro SD Issue

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork10 Ultimate Micro SD Issue

This topic contains 78 replies, has 39 voices, and was last updated by  Jim 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 79 total)
  • Author

Abu
    Participant

Hi,I have got same isuue with the SD card not reading in windows 10 but in android its OK am using 64gb advance class 10,the main issue I have in android is that I cannot select the SD card in the storage for saving any apps or anything,do I have to format the SD card ? Or what can I do? and those guys whose SD is working perfectly are you able to select the SD card in the storage so that if you download any apps they are directly saved in your SD card?

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

It’s obvious at this point, that there is some kind of hardware failure or constriction fault. It may work for you for some time, but eventually time and statistics will work against you, and the chance it will eventually fail will get higher and higher.

Abu
    Participant

Let me try to format my sd card and i hope this is the reason why i cannot choose between internal memory and sd card in the storage

Abu
    Participant

I formatted the sd card it shows in the storage,but it cannot be selected and apps cannot be saved in the sd card.what can i do? Should i root my tablet?or what else can i do,i suppose my tablet did not come with the feature to select between internal memory and sd card.guys your help will be really appreciated.

Siu Lay
    Participant

I gave up on it. I now beleive they use some sub-standard card reader which makes the situation much worst.

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

The sd slot of my iwork10 just totally gave up working, doesn’t recognize the card anymore, where it’s working on other devices. The weird thing is, this seems to be triggered when you boot from Android to Windows and vice versa, and if you do this a couple of times, the slot will break. Have no idea how this is possible though. Maybe there is a bug in the Windows or Android driver for the card slot, which somehow damages it over time. It’s one of the rare things I know where a software driver can damage a physical hardware.

J
    Participant

ah shame. The issues with the SD card dont make a lot of sense at all..

Riccardo
    Participant

Same issue with a newly bought iWork8 Air: my 32GB SD card worked great for about two weeks before became unreadable (among with other SD cards I’ve tried).

I’ve already reported the issue here:

Android reads tf card Windows 10 does not see it….

Clear CMOS on iWork8 Air

Thamrong
    Participant

For the issue of unrecognized SDCard in Windows10, I just got it today I found out that it is a faulty working after the Windows10 update by assigning a signed driver by Microsoft.  Therefore, I update the driver with the Intel SD Host Controller (Deprecated) in Windoows itself and it works!  Damn it Microsoft, took me hours to restore the OS.

Aaron
    Participant

Thankyou Thamrong. I just wanted to confirm that this worked for me. Changing the SD Host Controller driver to the Intel SD Host Controller (Deprecated) got the MicroSD card slot detecting my 64Gb Sandisk card again under Windows 10 on a Cube iwork 10. It seems like whatever the new driver is that windows wants to use is not compatible with the micro SD slot.

Much the same as a lot of people here, my microSD card worked fine initially, but then after switching between windows and android a few times, it just stopped recognising that a card was even in the slot.

Pedro Quaresma
    Participant

I wanted to try this solution, but when I go to the device manager, I have no less than THREE SD Host Controller’s 😐

I tried uninstalling all and rebooting but they all came back :O

Any ideas?

Riccardo
    Participant

I wanted to try this solution, but when I go to the device manager, I have no less than THREE SD Host Controller’s ? I tried uninstalling all and rebooting but they all came back :O Any ideas?

Uninstall the first two SD Host controller (and perhaps is a good idea to do the same with the other device with the “!” on it). Right click on the third SD Host (disable it, if you want, but not uninstall it) and then update the driver manually. Uncheck “Show compatible hardware” and click on “Have disk”, then select the older driver (Intel SD Host Controller v6.3.9600.16408).

The procedure must be done with device driver signing disabled.

1. Select the “Start” button.
    2. Type “startup”.
    3. Select “Change advanced startup settings“.
    4. Select “Restart now” under the “Advanced startup” area.
    5. Select “Troubleshoot“.
    6. Select “Advanced Options“.
    7. Select “Startup Options“.
    8. Select “Restart“.
    9. A menu will appear where you can press “7” on your keyboard to choose “Disable driver signing enforcement“.

Anonymous

SanDisk Ultra 128 GB microSDXC works very well in my Cube iwork 10 flagship Type C in Windows 10. The card was recognised without any issues and seems to be working very well. Unfortunately its not recognised by Android, as I probably have not formatted it.

The details of the microsdxc card are below I bought it from a local retailer:

https://www.cyberport.at/sandisk-ultra-128-gb-microsdxc-speicherkarte-80-mb-s-class-10-uhs-i–4H20-00C_11315.html

Pedro Quaresma
    Participant

Thanks for this, but this solution actually has a few issues:

1 ) If I uninstall any SD Host Controller, they come back after reboot

2) The “Intel SD Host Controller (Deprecated)” has a version of 10.0 . Do I need to grab this 6.3 from somewhere first?

I wanted to try this solution, but when I go to the device manager, I have no less than THREE SD Host Controller’s I tried uninstalling all and rebooting but they all came back :O Any ideas?

Uninstall the first two SD Host controller (and perhaps is a good idea to do the same with the other device with the “!” on it). Right click on the third SD Host (disable it, if you want, but not uninstall it) and then update the driver manually. Uncheck “Show compatible hardware” and click on “Have disk”, then select the older driver (Intel SD Host Controller v6.3.9600.16408). The procedure must be done with device driver signing disabled.

1. Select the “Start” button.
    2. Type “startup”.
    3. Select “Change advanced startup settings“.
    4. Select “Restart now” under the “Advanced startup” area.
    5. Select “Troubleshoot“.
    6. Select “Advanced Options“.
    7. Select “Startup Options“.
    8. Select “Restart“.
    9. A menu will appear where you can press “7” on your keyboard to choose “Disable driver signing enforcement“.

Riccardo
    Participant

Thanks for this, but this solution actually has a few issues:

1 ) If I uninstall any SD Host Controller, they come back after reboot

If you see 3 “Sd Host controller”, uninstall the first 2, then  disable the third and use the proper driver to update it.

2) The “Intel SD Host Controller (Deprecated)” has a version of 10.0 . Do I need to grab this 6.3 from somewhere first?

The driver posted there seems to work for the Teclast X98, but I tested it on my iWork8 Air (that suffered the same SD reader issue) and it works as well, so it should be good for your tablet too, I hope.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password