NEWBI GUIDE TO INSTALL REMIX OS 2 ON CUBE IWORK 10

NEWBI GUIDE TO INSTALL REMIX OS 2 ON CUBE IWORK 10

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork10 Ultimate NEWBI GUIDE TO INSTALL REMIX OS 2 ON CUBE IWORK 10

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

#ä33+3#*§Ä§Ä+§$##§’Ä+§Äħ’#ä+34ä+(“98$

So my Windows is gone now? Did it erase the whole disk!? Or what… this is unbelievable.

Mohamed Hussein
    Participant

unfortunately windows gone.. there is guide to restore it in this forum but I appreciate if you don’t want my help anymore

<hr />

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

WHAT YOU MEAN IT’S GONE. WHAT DID THE DAMN INTEL TOOL DO!? YOU SAID IT WONT TOUCH WINDOWS. THERE Isn’t EVEN AN ANTRY ANYMORE IN THE SELECTION, SO HOW WOULD I NOW RE-insTALL WINDOWS!?

Mohamed Hussein
    Participant

download the file I shared previously “7 gb file”.. it contains the stock windows for type c.. then follow the guide attached.

after you download I will tell how to prepare usb 1 and usb 2

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

I don’t want the stock Windows. How do I get the Windows back in the selection?

Mohamed Hussein
    Participant

you need to install it from the beginning

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

Well I have Remix OS and Windows now working (again). Whatever… I just re-installed clean/normal Windows from an USB stick straight ahead, and it’s working, Remix OS now working too, after I copied the system.img over. Not used the modified boot.img this time, also not flashed TWRP.

The blank profile trashed the whole disk and created all Android partitions, meaning I had unallocated 47GB of space at the end of the disk => Windows gone.

Mohamed Hussein
    Participant

deeply sorry man.. it is my fault.. I tried this blank configuration only once before.. and that time I had no windows partition before flashing.. this why I couldn’t see its effect in Windows.. I used Intel Flash tool with “update” configuration thousands of time and it never touched windows – but in the same time “update” configuration will not fix non booting android.

Mohamed Hussein
    Participant

congratulations for having remix working after all of this.. I hope it deserves this adventure.. what is working/not working with remix if I may ask

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

I get this kernel error message while booting sometimes

View post on imgur.com

Mohamed Hussein
    Participant

I have never experienced this error

Luís Santos
    Participant

Hans did it eliminate Windows and its partitions? Is that extra space usable by Android?
    I’d love to remove windows from my Cube and get 64GB for Android.

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

No. But you could try the thing I did too with the Intel tool, do a blank re-partition. Then boot from some usb stick which has a re-partition tool on it and re-size the system and data partition. I never did it with linux partitions though not sure if it works, and even if it works because there are partitions in between the free space at the end. Maybe you could even edit the json configs from the Intel too and set which size the Intel tool sets each partition with a blank profile from the beginning.

Luís Santos
    Participant

Maybe I’ll try doing that with Gparted. Hope it works. It probably won’t even need the Intel tool.

Gray
    Participant

Hi guys,

It was interesting to read your thread .

A couple of months ago, I found a RemixOS v2 ROM for the model Chuwi HiBook (created by mr. kostyamat from Russian 4pda forum. It’s something like a Russian version of XDA forum): http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=734255&st=360#entry50072404

I’m adapt it for our iwork10 Ultimate (TD version) tablet.

If you want, you can try it “as is”: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2OcauV-M6rRRVJRM1o0dzV3SDg/view?usp=sharing
    Installed through recovery and not kill Windows 🙂

BR.

P.S. Sorry about my not so perfect English 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 111 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar