Remix Os 2.0 for X98 Plus series

Remix Os 2.0 for X98 Plus series

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion Remix Os 2.0 for X98 Plus series

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 154 total)
  • Author
    Mattias
    Participant

Ok, so my method was right! I used the rom in this thread, and got a bootloader2 error at 14%.. tried using the rom Mo used, but got the same error. ” ‘ERROR : There is no flash file in the archive’.”

edit: Worked without a problem on my asus t100ta, but no luck on my teclast tablet…

Fat
    Participant

Fat, How did you install Remix OS?

Take a look in the sticky thread on how to flash supercowz rom, its the same procedure. Just make sure intel flash tool say update mode or else you will delete windows. First boot after flash takes some time.

This is what i did:

Downloaded rom from the first post in this thread, unpacked and placed folder on my c drives root, enabled usb debugging on tablet, opened Intel Flash Tool and browsed to flash.json and made sure configuration was set to “update” and then flashed.

I came from mireks rom v 2.0. I dont know if comming from mireks v 3.0 could cause any problems, because of system partition in that rom is changed from 2.5gb to 1gb?

Mo
    Participant

litte update, I got it working and it runs sweet.

I’m starting to get an idea of how it works but its still a learning curve.

This is what I did.

1. Extract the zip from the first post on this thread to a folder.
    2. Install the intel flash tool light 5.5.2 from https://01.org/android-ia/downloads/intel-platform-flash-tool-lite
    3. Install Mireks ROM V3 but dont setup the tablet, just allow it to boot to the setup screen and leave it a second.
    4. Open the flash tool, click the browes button, navigate to the folder where you extracted the zip fie from setup 1. It should auto select the flash.json file. Make sure update is selected.
    5. Connect the tablet with USB to the computer and it should show it connected.
    6. Press the update button and the tool will reboot the device, flash the ROM and reboot the device again. Now you just need to leave it, mine took about 10 minutes to boot the first time.

That was it, once it booted and I did the setup it has been friggin brilliant. Smoother than Mireks ROM, really good battery life, especially on standby. You might see an android appear on the screen the first time it boots after the device has been flashed. Its the android with a spinning cube. Just leave it, Remix OS takes a while to get going but it will get going. Seems like Remix does not like a dirty flash so doing this means your user data has been cleared.

Ben
    Participant

Work on A5C6/A5C7 (with dualbios) A6C7/A6C9 (cam not working) and A5C8 clic here for the remix os with google installer, official version with Gapps enjoy ! ? flash with intal flash tools with Update option, and when boot finished do a Remix Os factory reset ….

Can you please tell us where you got this ROM from, and how it differs from the one hosted by Jide here, http://www.jide.com/remixos/devices/teclastx98plus ?

winston smith
    Participant

Hi just tried with a basic script just flashing the system.img and nothing else without erasing user data. Maybe i should give a try with Intel Flash Tools… It worth it as remix is far beter than regular android for tablet.

Work on A5C6/A5C7 (with dualbios) A6C7/A6C9 (cam not working) and A5C8 clic here for the remix os with google installer, official version with Gapps enjoy ! ?<noscript>?</noscript>flash with intal flash tools with Update option, and when boot finished do a Remix Os factory reset ….

Can you please tell us where you got this ROM from, and how it differs from the one hosted by Jide here, http://www.jide.com/remixos/devices/teclastx98plus ?

+1. Want to know too since i’m kind of paranoid with unknown source… Since i have all my online accounts on my tablets…

winston smith
    Participant

i downloaded the remix x98plus version from jide but the folder inside the zip seems to be for Cube i10… Look like they messed their dowload files…

The files inside the rom have not the same structure than the stock rom or mirek rom… It seems that’s really for Cube i10… I will download the cube i10 zip to see if they have reversed with i10.

Mattias
    Participant

Did you unlock bootloader somehow? Mine says “Lock state -verified”..

winston smith
    Participant

in fastboot mode, type “oem unlock bootloader”… You will then be able to flash the rom.

By the way i send an email to jide to tell them about the mess in their files.

winston smith
    Participant

And the Cube i10 have the same files…

Hugo van de Brug
    Participant

I’ve used the file from the first post to install RemixOS. Costed me some time but after 6 times reinstalling it I’ve got it working. 🙂 Have to say it looks very promosing. 🙂 (Just got it installed 5 min. ago)

winston smith
    Participant

you installed it intel flash tools ?

winston smith
    Participant

i wilL try again… but i will wait first jide post the original version on its web site.

Mo
    Participant

I used the ROM from this thread by Spzjulien and I decided to trust it. He was one of the people who got TWRP working on the X98 Plus, baked an X98 Plus ROM as well as this Remix OS one and I have seen the name on XDa as well.

From what I can make out, the offical download of Remix OS is designed so you use TWRP (or another recovery) to install the ROM, not the Intel flash tool. I have been unable to get TWRP to work though.

winston smith
    Participant

I have seen the name of Hitler everywhere since i’m born.

By the way, i just downloaded the Remix version Jide just put online… As far as I can say, they corrected their mess since the file structure of the rom is the same as the stock rom and this rom from dubious source.

Here the OFFICIAL source :

http://www.jide.com/remixos/devices/teclastx98plus

Mattias
    Participant

For some reason the bootloader locks itself when I try to flash the room..  (Lockstate changes from unlocked to verified). Any idea why?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 154 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar