SOFT Solution to disable/override Touchpad windows gestures

SOFT Solution to disable/override Touchpad windows gestures

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum SOFT Solution to disable/override Touchpad windows gestures

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Jhon Lee
    Participant

Could you provide microsoft style version for scroll direction?Thanks.

Alexander Woo
    Participant

I would like a script that only handles the pinch zoom, I also want it to deal with “replace instance” message that pops
    if you run it twice  (it says to read #singleInstance)

I’ve taken care of the rest with an eventghost script, which is desiged to disable the shortcuts when  you dock the tablet with the official keyboard.
    I’ve attached the script for anyone who wants it. just unzip & open with eventghost

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Mickey Y
    Participant

Could you provide microsoft style version for scroll direction?Thanks.

Ok, this is the one only override the swipe down from edge gesture to resize/restore current window, with preserving the Windows style scrolling.

Attachments:
    Robbie
    Participant

Thank you! This has made a world of difference to me. I was previously carrying my USB Mouse everywhere, but a few hours testing this script has solved the irritating swipedown problem.

Rogus Mortem
    Participant

Well done! Works like a charm! Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Works nice thanks very much, any idea how to remove the gesture when u swipe diagonal over the pad? (all windows will show up)

Alexander Woo
    Participant

That would be the win+TAB shortcut my eventghost script would take care of it.

In fact, I have improved it with a  new feature that saves its state so it won’t switch on reboot.

Edit: V3 now working correctly without editing registry & without requiring it to run as admin

for it to work correctly however you need to make a folder named “EG” on you “C” drive

Attachments:
    Abod Ali
    Participant

hi

thank you for this helpful method

but i want one that can disable swiping left and right gesture also

i couldnt do one by myself it is hard for me

so if you can make one i will very thankful for you

and thanks in advance

Mickey Y
    Participant

but i want one that can disable swiping left and right gesture also

If you want to disable all the windows gesture, I suggest you to just disable the “Win” key via the Registry, without running any previous scripts, with minimum system overhead impact; You can easily achieve this by installing

SharpKeys  [ Download ]

And Follow the below steps to configure it.

1. Run the software and click on Add button. Now click on “Type Key” button given in first section “Map this key (From key)“. It’ll open a small dialog box to detect a key. Now press WIN key and it’ll store the key. Click on OK button.

2. Now leave the value of “To this key (To key)” section set to “— Turn Key Off (00_00)“.

3. Click on OK button and then click on “Write to Registry” button.

It’ll immediately save your settings to Windows Registry. Restart your computer and upon reboot, the WIN key will be disabled completely. And your touch pad will no long trigger ANY Windows gestures.

PS: If you want to enable WIN key again in future, run Sharp Keys tool again, select the WIN key entry given in the list and click on “Delete” button. At last click on “Write to Registry” button and restart your system.

Tony
    Participant

Hehe, neat trick. I just installed it and it works a treat. Now all I have to do is get this Chinese Windows changed to English.

Giacomo
    Participant

On my HiBook the two finger scroll works! While the gesture from the top no..

Dex Cat
    Participant

This works like a charm! Thanks very much for posting this – the window size gesture was making the trackpad virtually unusable for me!

Jerome Vet
    Participant

hi I tried the *.exe but it did not work for me . opend it and replaced the files by clicking on yes. after that nothing changed. also after restart.

Hambones500
    Participant

Thank you Mickey Y!

Ahk_no_swipedown_only.zip (extracted and put in the startup, obviously) works like a charm for my Chuwi Hi10 that suffered the same dreadful swipe-down problem, that really took the good away from the machine – how did they think of accepting such a dreadfully substandard design???

Liambass
    Participant

override it with empty return command.

How? It didn’t seem to work when I left it blank and I can’t find the relevent command in the documentation. I’m trying to disable pinchzoom, is this right?

^ & WheelDown ::
    ^ & WheelUp ::

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar