Solution to crash in Windows, black screen and not booting afterwards!

Solution to crash in Windows, black screen and not booting afterwards!

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum Solution to crash in Windows, black screen and not booting afterwards!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 139 total)
  • Author
    ReTechNL
    Participant

@dve123, @ARnold: Look at my above post regarding your IGD questions.

Dennis van Elteren
    Participant

Tnx ReTechNl I understand now. Hopefully Teclast fixes this

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Dennis van Elteren  There’s another post on the forum explaining that the battery monitoring firmware is pretty crappy. It does not show the real state of the battery.  You can reach 0% battery and Windows keeps running for more than 1 hour.

I have just tested that on my tablet, browsing webs and running a 3D OpenGL demo continouslly until tablet shut off.

waseem hb
    Participant

hello

i received my x98 pro a week ago .. had the black screen shutdown (with no boot after) almost every second time i started some graphic game or task, like Asphalt\Piano\Video youtube .. I updated the gpu driver, turned off the igd from bios , it did help but not totally.

i now have shutdowns every 2-3 days, even with 70% batt..  my bios is 1.03 .. should i try updating the bios or just live with it ?  im afraied of bricking my tab.

does thermal mod helps ?! it just happens sometimes after 5 min of use, i think it doesnt has anything with heat !?

thank you

darthi
    Participant

Hi together,

I have still this error. Last time with about 15% remaining power. Before on 80%.

Bios is updated. All driver are the latest ones (with Intel Driver Update Utility, Driver Booster found no updates). IGD is disabled. Only the thermal mod is not done yet.

Any alternative solution for the shutting down problem? Any advice, how can I reboot the device without waiting some time after this crash?

Dennis van Elteren
    Participant

@waseem @ramon-rosler

I’m sorry to hear you still have the problem. My problem is totally gone after IGD turbo is off.

I am spamming teclast every few days about the problem, they can NOT get away with this bad quality. Here you can compain

https://www.facebook.com/teclast1999

What I also can say that this week I got a mayor Windows10 update, the whole win10 on the tablet was re-installed (careful, it takes about 10-12hours to download it all its 10Gb and install etc). Maybe, just maybe this helps for you guys. Plugin the power adapter!!

Last but not least run windows cleanup afterwards because the old Windows installation (10 Gigabyte) stays on your precious memory which leaves you with approx 9Gb free space left.

Dennis van Elteren
    Participant

Hi guys

Little update here. Since I got this major Win10 update my battery life has improved. Standby and use times are better. Not wonderful but better.

Maybe this is because the tablet was on the charger for 14 hours during the Win10 update (I did this over-night, it took for ages)

Grandizer
    Participant

I updated my driver using the Intel Driver Update Utility to 15.x but when I go into the Device Manager it says it’s using the 10.x driver. The Utility thinks its up to date though (at 15.x). Anyone seeing the same thing?

Dennis van Elteren
    Participant

@Grandizer

This has to do with windows Update who thinks the latest driver has another version then what Intel update utility thinks.

Its in the forums somewhere, they advise to disable the auto driver update option in Windows

Dave
    Participant

Have just received my X98 Pro … battery life seemed ok so booted into Windows and after a few minutes it crashed and does not appear to have any life at all (it’s been on charge for several hours now) … I can see Windows crashing is a common problem … the power button is not doing anything …. so are there are any hardware switch combinations available to reset the tablet … and if not then how is it possible to boot into the BIOS. Sorry this is probably a very basic question so if anyone can point me to a set of instructions on TechTablets it would be really appreciated.

Thanks … Dave

Dennis van Elteren
    Participant

Hi Dave

Connect your charger, give it 1-2hours then start pressing and holding the power button. Do this 10sec or so, repeat until it boots.

Then charge it completely full

After that, power it down and connect a wired keyboard to it using the supplied usb HOST cable. power it up and keep pressing F7 until you get into the bios. Now go through the bios with arrows up/down and select the IGD Turbo mode, set it to DISABLED.

This worked for me, after that it was usable.

Welcome to the Teclast misery club…

Grandizer
    Participant

Hi Dennis,

I have that feature disabled. When you look at the driver properties in Device Manager do you see the old driver or the new one?

Dennis van Elteren
    Participant

@grandizer run the intel driver update utility first, afterwards should be 15.something

Dave
    Participant

Thanks Dennis … back up and working as per your instructions … will be doing the BIOS a bit later today … but it seems more stable now.

Thanks again … Dave

Dave
    Participant

Hi Dennis … thanks again for the feedback … I did as you described and the battery went down to less than 10% without any problems. The battery monitor seems a bit erratic and when the tablet was fully charged ie 12 hours charging … the monitor read only 90%. But I guess this is not a critical issue.

Have you done the bios upgrade? I’m not getting any indication about eMMC failure (presumably there is a warning or failure?) – is the upgrade worth doing anyway?

The microphone seems very crappy but apart from that I’m beginning to be hopeful this will be a very useful tablet!

Best … Dave

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 139 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar