Teclast x6 pro

Teclast x6 pro

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums General Discussion Teclast x6 pro

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Alex
    Participant

hello, I have a tablet teclast x6 pro, and I have several problems.
    the sd card reader, only recognizes up to 32 gigs, on the other hand I can not get any stylus with microsoft pen protocol or wacom aes protocol work.
    and finally on the official paginate of teclast there is no driver for this model, it does not even recognize on its page the id that appears on the back of the tablet.
    Does anyone have the same problem

vfoster
    Participant

first, thanks for posting this. i’m glad to hear that it actually does have a card reader. is it behind the stand? i ordered one a few days ago, but it hasn’t been shipped yet. did yours take a long time to ship/arrive?

for your issues, did you format the card to fat32? i’ve read that fat32 is limited to 32gb partitions on windows machines. so you might try formatting it to ntfs. if it still doesn’t work, then make sure the card isn’t faulty by trying it in another device. as for the pen, is it the original teclast active stylus pen for the F6 Pro notebook. i don’t think just any active stylus will work; it probably needs to be the official teclast pen.

Chris G
    Keymaster

I still don’t have mine yet, where did you order it from?

Both Gearbest and banggood orders yet to ship….

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

vfoster
    Participant

I ordered from geekbuying and was told that they will receive a new shipment at their warehouse next week, so it should ship out sometime then.

I’m curious too about where the OP ordered his from.

Alex
    Participant

Yo la compre en aliexpress en la tienda oficial Teclast, tardo en llegar como 1 mes, y hubo problemas con el envio, una semanas despues llego el teclado, y todavia estoy esperando el lapiz optico, porque hubo un problema con la fabricacion.

Lo de formatear la tarjeta a ntfs, no lo habia pensado, ya que por lo general suele ser al reves, cuando esta en ntfs, los lectores mas economicos, no las reconocen, pero lo probare.

Segun la pagina oficial, efectivamente no funciona ningun otro stylus que no sea el propio del fabricante…una lastima, porque han salido varias opciones compatibles con multiples tarjetas, de la marca Wacom y Adonit…esperemos que el de Teclast tenga la precision que se necesita

vfoster
    Participant

I almost bought from Aliexpress, but decided to go with a different store that was selling the tablet and keyboard together. I really feel like I’m taking a gamble here as still hardly anyone has this tablet yet and there are no hands-on reviews. Any progress with your new tablet? I hope you can work out the issues with the sd card and stylus. Let us know how it turns out.

Alex
    Participant

Pues sigo sin novedades, el stylus no me ha llegado, pero si me enviaron un mail desde la tienda, diciendo que solo funciona con el stylus especifico de Teclalst. El lector de tarjetas sigue sin leer por encima de 32 gigas, da igual la tarjeta, y el formato, he probado ntfs, exfat..

Yo tampoco encuentro practicamente nada sobre esta tablet, y lo mas preocupante es que en la seccion de drivers de la pagina oficial de Teclast, cuando meto el ID que aparece en la parte trasera de mi x6 un identificador de 4 digitos alfanumericos ni siquiera lo reconoce.

Sinceramente me dejé llevar por las caracteristicas tecnicas de esta tableta, pero no tuve en cuenta el servicio tecnico y la dificultad para encontrar drivers ni siquiera genericos para el hardware de la Teclast.

Probe incluso con software de busqueda de drivers, y lo unico que consegui es que dejaran de funcionar las camaras y los altavoces.

vfoster
    Participant

This tablet is beginning to sound like vaporware. I just got an e-mail saying that they won’t get a shipment until mid-February, after just telling me yesterday that they would have some next week. @Chris G, has yours arrived yet? I’m trying to decide whether to get a refund and buy from somewhere else or just wait.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Certainly seems that way, we have lost another week now and it has still not shipped from BG or GB. I’m told it’s a supplier issue. So Teclast has trouble producing this one or some delay for some reason? But if it’s mid-February I might as well cancel now and get my money back and put it towards the Chuwi Ubook or something else. Stupid thing is I have my keyboard already.

@vfoster

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Winston
    Participant

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I ordered mine from Geekbuying as well and it took 3 weeks from date of order from their warehouse to get it in my hands in Canada.

Overall I’m happy with it. Things I’ve noticed so far;

• Some light bleeding around the screen edges
    • Speakers could be better
    • Thermals might become an issue  when pushed hard. With some moderate multi-tasking temp can go up to 90• C.
    • Battery is worse than the F6. With screen brightness at 35% and a lower resolution, I’m getting 4-5hrs at best! That is disappointing!
    • BIOS is unlocked like the F6

Like my F6 pro it is undervolted and OC with throttlestop. I’m also running CPU Core Parking as well .

I’m tempted to open it up like my F6 to see if a copper mod might be in order.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    vfoster
    Participant

Winston @rjeant2160
    Can you confirm whether there is an issue with the SD card slot reading cards larger than 32gb that Alex @marlowe70 mentioned?

vfoster
    Participant

Still waiting on this tablet to arrive. In the meantime, I’m trying to find a glass screen protector for it. Is this the same screen as the ASUS T303UA? I only recently noticed that the screen on the X6 Pro has space cut out for the speakers and same specs as the 12.6″ T303UA.

(Also, any chance this gets its own subforum or moved to the Core M Tablets subforum instead of General?)

Winston
    Participant

Update 08 Feb.2019:
    I finally opened the tablet to do the heatsink mod, an old Xbox gift card was the tool of choice. Teclast gets a BIG FAIL on my unit (see attached pics). There was no cooling paste on the CPU/GPU, just a super cheap paper thin 1/2″ thick cooling pad was on top of the CPU. I guess quality control must have been sleeping on the line on that day. I have some 1″ pad and they were definitely twice as thick as the factory one, which would explain why my X6 Pro would get to 90C zone .
    After the mod, stress test would only bring my unit as high as 55C, so a good 35C difference, so worth the mod. Playing games or Netflix, having multiple tabs opened while multi-tasking, keeps it at around 45C.
    WARNING*** When opening up the tablet, please make sure that you remove the screw holding the SSD to the back cover or else you will brake it. Also when re-assembling the unit, the keyboard connector has to be at a slight angle so it can fit properly******

Attachments:
    Winston
    Participant

Today I had a chance to do some stress tests using XTU to get some quantifying numbers. To start my set up is the following in the BIOS;  PL2 @ 9w and 12W, system is undervolted to -70mv as well as the GPU at -70mv. So far the system has been stable with no crashes or freezes during or after the stress tests.

During the GPU stress test, system experienced some power limits throttling and temp went as high as 81C, but no thermal throttling.

During the CPU test, there was no power limits throttling or thermal throttling. Temp went as high as 75C.

When the system is not being pushed, thermals go back to 45C

Attached are the results for the X6 Pro and I would assume that will hold true as well for the F6 Pro. Since I have an F6, I will try those numbers on it later.

So my conclusion is for my needs, the heatsink mod is well worth it for the X6 Pro.

Attachments:
    Bader
    Participant

<!–more–>I agreed with you Chris I’m also confused either to go with teclast x6 or ubook

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar