Teclast x6 pro

Teclast x6 pro

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums General Discussion Teclast x6 pro

This topic contains 18 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Winston 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Winston
    Participant

<!–more–>I agreed with you Chris I’m also confused either to go with teclast x6 or ubook

For what it’s worth coming from an average techy person, this tablet will never be a Surface Pro. Teclast has some ways to go before calling it a Surface Pro killer. I have compared it to a friend’s M3 Surface Pro and I don’t think it is a bad deal at all for what you are paying for ! When compared to other Chinese manufacturer 2in1 tablets out there, I think this 7th Gen core M3 from Teclast is a winner for me and better than the rest so far when comparing apples to apples!

John edward
    Participant

to clarify you replaced the thermal pad with a 1″ one that’ thicker? no copper shims needed etc?

im planning to get this hopefully after I see a review from Chris which may not be coming anymore…

John edward
    Participant

Update 08 Feb.2019: I finally opened the tablet to do the heatsink mod, an old Xbox gift card was the tool of choice. Teclast gets a BIG FAIL on my unit (see attached pics). There was no cooling paste on the CPU/GPU, just a super cheap paper thin 1/2″ thick cooling pad was on top of the CPU. I guess quality control must have been sleeping on the line on that day. I have some 1″ pad and they were definitely twice as thick as the factory one, which would explain why my X6 Pro would get to 90C zone . After the mod, stress test would only bring my unit as high as 55C, so a good 35C difference, so worth the mod. Playing games or Netflix, having multiple tabs opened while multi-tasking, keeps it at around 45C. WARNING*** When opening up the tablet, please make sure that you remove the screw holding the SSD to the back cover or else you will brake it. Also when re-assembling the unit, the keyboard connector has to be at a slight angle so it can fit properly******

thank you! please share the after pic when you applied the new pad.

Winston
    Participant

Update 08 Feb.2019: I finally opened the tablet to do the heatsink mod, an old Xbox gift card was the tool of choice. Teclast gets a BIG FAIL on my unit (see attached pics). There was no cooling paste on the CPU/GPU, just a super cheap paper thin 1/2″ thick cooling pad was on top of the CPU. I guess quality control must have been sleeping on the line on that day. I have some 1″ pad and they were definitely twice as thick as the factory one, which would explain why my X6 Pro would get to 90C zone . After the mod, stress test would only bring my unit as high as 55C, so a good 35C difference, so worth the mod. Playing games or Netflix, having multiple tabs opened while multi-tasking, keeps it at around 45C. WARNING*** When opening up the tablet, please make sure that you remove the screw holding the SSD to the back cover or else you will brake it. Also when re-assembling the unit, the keyboard connector has to be at a slight angle so it can fit properly******

Sorry for my lack of clarification. I did use 1 copper shim+pad on top of the CPU/GPU and a larger pad on top of the OEM heatsink to distribute more heat. The result being the back cover is hotter to the touch but nothing excessive. I took pics of the stress test post heatsink mod and they are attached in my other post.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password