Teclast x6 pro

Teclast x6 pro

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums General Discussion Teclast x6 pro

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 38 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Katagiri 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Winston
    Participant

<!–more–>I agreed with you Chris I’m also confused either to go with teclast x6 or ubook

For what it’s worth coming from an average techy person, this tablet will never be a Surface Pro. Teclast has some ways to go before calling it a Surface Pro killer. I have compared it to a friend’s M3 Surface Pro and I don’t think it is a bad deal at all for what you are paying for ! When compared to other Chinese manufacturer 2in1 tablets out there, I think this 7th Gen core M3 from Teclast is a winner for me and better than the rest so far when comparing apples to apples!

John edward
    Participant

to clarify you replaced the thermal pad with a 1″ one that’ thicker? no copper shims needed etc?

im planning to get this hopefully after I see a review from Chris which may not be coming anymore…

John edward
    Participant

Update 08 Feb.2019: I finally opened the tablet to do the heatsink mod, an old Xbox gift card was the tool of choice. Teclast gets a BIG FAIL on my unit (see attached pics). There was no cooling paste on the CPU/GPU, just a super cheap paper thin 1/2″ thick cooling pad was on top of the CPU. I guess quality control must have been sleeping on the line on that day. I have some 1″ pad and they were definitely twice as thick as the factory one, which would explain why my X6 Pro would get to 90C zone . After the mod, stress test would only bring my unit as high as 55C, so a good 35C difference, so worth the mod. Playing games or Netflix, having multiple tabs opened while multi-tasking, keeps it at around 45C. WARNING*** When opening up the tablet, please make sure that you remove the screw holding the SSD to the back cover or else you will brake it. Also when re-assembling the unit, the keyboard connector has to be at a slight angle so it can fit properly******

thank you! please share the after pic when you applied the new pad.

Winston
    Participant

Update 08 Feb.2019: I finally opened the tablet to do the heatsink mod, an old Xbox gift card was the tool of choice. Teclast gets a BIG FAIL on my unit (see attached pics). There was no cooling paste on the CPU/GPU, just a super cheap paper thin 1/2″ thick cooling pad was on top of the CPU. I guess quality control must have been sleeping on the line on that day. I have some 1″ pad and they were definitely twice as thick as the factory one, which would explain why my X6 Pro would get to 90C zone . After the mod, stress test would only bring my unit as high as 55C, so a good 35C difference, so worth the mod. Playing games or Netflix, having multiple tabs opened while multi-tasking, keeps it at around 45C. WARNING*** When opening up the tablet, please make sure that you remove the screw holding the SSD to the back cover or else you will brake it. Also when re-assembling the unit, the keyboard connector has to be at a slight angle so it can fit properly******

Sorry for my lack of clarification. I did use 1 copper shim+pad on top of the CPU/GPU and a larger pad on top of the OEM heatsink to distribute more heat. The result being the back cover is hotter to the touch but nothing excessive. I took pics of the stress test post heatsink mod and they are attached in my other post.

FOX
    Participant

To those who purchased, what was the result of the benchmark test?

In a comment from a review site, it was found that the performance was degraded due to the fact that the memory was single channel as examined by CPU-Z.

Perhaps it is better to refrain from purchasing?

FOX
    Participant

I’m changing because I used a translation site, I’m sorry that it is hard to see.

Waiting
    Participant

OK, I ordered the X6 Pro, keyboard & pen from GB at end-of-Novemeber 2018 for the lowest sale price so far, $ 830 CAD for all.

Silly me, I pressed the “ship sooner” button so they shipped the keyboard & pen within a few weeks. Of course, like most, I haven’t had a sniff of the tablet yet. Shipping dates keep rolling over on the website, just to keep you on the hook. Asked for an explanation, but no real info being passed along from Teclast to the customer. I can still bail on it, just have to eat the return shipping.

Vaporware someone said…

The specs look decent & I’m not afraid of doing the thermal mods myself, but…What do you learned folk think about whether I should stick it out?

Do you think Teclast is not shipping till they get some bugs out? Like the pen problem, or what else was it?

That pen issue sounds bad if you can’t just run out & get an nice compatible aftermarket job.

Battery life already makes me leery. Scratchy mic? Poor cameras. Bad sound? Scratchy screen??  hmmm

Should I cut my losses & fork out a little more for something similar?

vfoster
    Participant

End of November?!!? Man, I was livid after waiting more than a month, and I ordered mine in January.

I ended up purchasing from a different buyer on AliExpress in mid-February. They delayed a few times too, but at least he seemed to be straight up with me: basically they said there was a problem on the manufacturer’s end. He explained that they had to re-check the tablets because there were “material problems” (some users were complaining that the build was flimsy, broken kickstands, etc.), but that they would start shipping out again in March. Mine shipped out earlier this week, but I’m still keeping my fingers crossed that it’s not a fake tracking number (happened with a related order from a different seller). If all goes according to plan, well plan B, then I should receive it some time within the next week.

I don’t know that I recommend the seller I bought from (remains to be seen), but if you ordered from Geekbuying (not sure if your GB was them or Gearbest), I say cancel. They kept giving a run around. I can understand delays, but I won’t stand for lies or misleading information.

Waiting
    Participant

It was Gearbest & yes, I’m a patient man! AliExpress is the official Teclast store I believe.

I’m mostly concerned about the hardware.

Will plugging these things in while using them degrade the battery? Can you “re-condition” the battery realistically?

@winston, does the pen work for you or do you know if an aftermarket one will?

I’m thinking that at such a high screen res one might need a pen just to tap small icons, or is this not a problem in tablet mode?

Any more comments are appreciated.

vfoster
    Participant

strange… I can post from my work computer, but not my home computer.

My tablet arrived 2 days ago. Stylus too. The keyboard should arrive within the next couple days. The AAAA from 9V battery work, but the stylus is choppy as others have reported. I really hope that gets fixed via driver, as everything else about the tablet is good so far on first impression. The screen is bright and vibrant. The speakers are good. The ports are plentiful. My 128GB microSD is fully recognized. The only thing I haven’t been able to figure out yet is the USB-C charger. Anyone know which charger will work?

Waiting
    Participant

So the odd one is still being sent out, good. Sounds not bad so far.

Those AAAA’s from 9-volt batteries aren’t the best fit, wonder if a real one fixes it. Got the polarity right?

I like the looks of the keyboard, seems decent. Screen bright enough for outdoors? Any special micro SD your using?

Teclast says USB -C quick charging is possible on the brochure. The standard is supposed to be universal but wattage and/or voltages can vary. There should be settings for power flow(in or out) on the port within the OS. Might be in the BIOS too. Maybe you can get the controller part numbers from Device Manager & check that out.

Keep me posted!

vfoster
    Participant

testing… I keep getting errors when trying to post. is there a word limit or something??

Yeah, Chinese online marketplaces are strange and aggravating. In total, I only waited a little more than 2 months. But 2 months for a $500+ ticket item is still ridiculous!! I bought from the Teclast Global Store, their direct store on AliExpress.

As for the AAAA batteries, the rechargeable ones I ordered from AliExpress were too thick for the stylus. So I ordered better quality rechargeable ones off Amazon. They work perfectly straight out of the box. The AAAA I pulled out of my 9V batteries work as well, but at first, I couldn’t get them to work, because yeah, the poles are reversed. So you have to put them in the stylus upside down. Since the flat end is the positive end, I needed to leave a piece of the daisy-linked metal conductor attached so that it made contact with the stylus’s contact. Sounds more complicated than it is. But both alternatives work fine.

Now it’s just the stylus itself. I’m not sure what to do, but as it is, it’s basically unuseable, which defeats a big part of the purpose of getting this tablet. I’m not sure how to address this with the Teclast Global Store just yet.

vfoster
    Participant

I don’t use mine outdoor, so I can’t honestly comment on the brightness to that level. If I do try it out though, I’ll report back here.

The microSD I use is my 128 GB SanDisk Ultra I took out of my Cube i7. Nothing special.

vfoster
    Participant

forum not allowing me to post properly. i have to create one-word posts then go back and edit them.

I wish there was a PDF manual or something with the technical specifications, but there is virtually no detailed information included.

vfoster
    Participant

I think people were similarly miffed about USB-C charging with the X5 Pro and F6. From the little I could gather, it seems like it needs to be a PD (power delivery) rated charger. If anyone has better info, please share.

And one final note: the T303 glass screen protector I bought didn’t quite fit. The front-facing speaker cutouts were misaligned. Close, but no cigar. A waste of $10, but at least it was only ten bucks.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password