Touchpad improvements for EZBOOK 3 PRO

Touchpad improvements for EZBOOK 3 PRO

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Touchpad improvements for EZBOOK 3 PRO

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    Angelo
    Participant

Hi all,

I tought it was a good idea to start a topic to collect all tips and tricks to improve touchpad usability on EZBOOK 3 PRO. As for me, this is really the main and only issue with this laptop.

First thing that maybe useful is Disable/unistall Touchpad Blocker App.

What else from you??

sportnok
    Participant

Two finger scrolling. Leave one finger static and in contact with the pad, then scroll with one other finger.

Angelo
    Participant

Two finger scrolling. Leave one finger static and in contact with the pad, then scroll with one other finger.

Yes, good idea!

Any suggest concerning the touchpad drivers update ?

Oliver
    Participant

I’m not 100% sure, if they were missing in the original install by Jumper, because I made a fresh install of Windows very soon. But touchpad sensitivity and precision improved significantly, after installing the Intel Serial IO drivers for the Apollo Lake.

Chris G
    Keymaster

A comment from YouTube to tweak the touchpad:

” with the touchpad I found that making sure enhanced pointer precision checked in the pointer options within the mouse settings and having the touchpad settings to most sensitive. Also, while looking how I could improve the touchpad a forum said within the registry editor you can change your mouse settings value, I have mouse sensitivity 25, mouse speed 5, mouse threshold 1&2 both at 0, all of these showed massive improvement definitely worth the time tweaking them.
    Show less”

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Angelo
    Participant

Thank you Chris and Oliver, this may be a real plus, could you please Oliver provide a link to download that?

sportnok
    Participant

Those mouse settings, are they HKEY CURRENT USER>CONTROL PANEL>MOUSE?

Chris G
    Keymaster

Yes should be those ones.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Norg
    Participant

I don’t know if anyone else has tried those registry tweaks, but I did. It could be what I am used to but I found them too jumpy. I reverted back to my old settings within five minutes of use. So, yea, make sure you make a backup of the Key before you edit it.

Here are the settings I am using right now:
    “MouseSpeed”=”1”
    “MouseThreshold1″=”6”
    “MouseThreshold2″=”10”
    “MouseSensitivity”=”6”

I am interested in seeing more about the Intel Serial IO driver, but you would hope the Intel Driver Utility would update that too if it found any problems.

Angelo
    Participant

I don’t know if anyone else has tried those registry tweaks, but I did. It could be what I am used to but I found them too jumpy. I reverted back to my old settings within five minutes of use. So, yea, make sure you make a backup of the Key before you edit it. Here are the settings I am using right now: “MouseSpeed”=”1” “MouseThreshold1″=”6” “MouseThreshold2″=”10” “MouseSensitivity”=”6” I am interested in seeing more about the Intel Serial IO driver, but you would hope the Intel Driver Utility would update that too if it found any problems.

I tried yesterday to find drivers with the Intel Driver Utility…it doesn’t find any Intel Serial IO driver to update, I guess it would be a manual install…

Oliver
    Participant

Hi Angelo,

sorry for the late answer, I have been busy with work (I work in IT, unfortunately 😉 )
    I found a driver package from a Russian forum, wich contained the Intel Serial IO. You can access it from this link:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8dtOv_EAKXwVlowZ1RNVFNybVU

But another user here also linked to a Google drive with EZbook drivers and these are in separate folders, so you won’t have to download a 1GB archive:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BxulJuGj9f7QZWFWSzNEMVhlV2M (Folder “SIO”)

I only tried the drivers from the huge archive, but I guess they should be identical.

Wolf
    Participant

My 2 finger scrolling improved a lot after reducing the number lines settings from 3 to 2 lines.

But acuracy , simply clicking the right icon is a real pain. Moving a finger in a straight line ends in a jumping cursor around the line.

Good luck - WOLF

Angelo
    Participant

Hi Angelo, sorry for the late answer, I have been busy with work (I work in IT, unfortunately ? ) I found a driver package from a Russian forum, wich contained the Intel Serial IO. You can access it from this link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8dtOv_EAKXwVlowZ1RNVFNybVU But another user here also linked to a Google drive with EZbook drivers and these are in separate folders, so you won’t have to download a 1GB archive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BxulJuGj9f7QZWFWSzNEMVhlV2M (Folder “SIO”) I only tried the drivers from the huge archive, but I guess they should be identical.

Oliver, I tried this and apparently when I started to install the IO drivers from the second link it says that those drivers are already there so it asks if I want unistall drivers or rerplace them. I clicked replace, so now I think I have IO dirivers but I probably had it also before.

I discovered an option in advances mouse settings that helped me a lot in drag windows. Actually click and drag was a pain in the neck with ezbook 3 touchpad. Now if you enable “activate click lock” (I do not know if this is the right translation in english because I have it in italian and it’s “Attiva blocca clic” so I guess it will be something like “activate click lock”)…

enabling this will allow you to drag windows without keeping mouse button clicked. I hope this helps…

Angelo

Angelo
    Participant

My 2 finger scrolling improved a lot after reducing the number lines settings from 3 to 2 lines.

Yes, I can confirm that. I’ve set up it to 2 too…

James Luke Schlebach
    Participant

Hey guys, I’ve got my touchpad working pretty much perfectly now and I also get no frame drops watching 4k on chrome so this is what I did:

Re-installation of windows 10 creators. Updated all drivers using IObit driver booster 5 beta before using windows update (the best driver software I’ve used)
    Install Intel I/O from the russian forums that oliver linked (The other driver linked to google drive was already installed after windows update and iobit driver booster did its thing)
    in touchpad settings change to Most Sensitive. In mouse settings decrease mouse speeds by 2 notches and keep “enhance pointer position” ticked and set scrolling to 1 bar at a time.
    In the bios: Enabled toupad device (disabled by default but I think it adds a better driver), added the bios tweak to improve emmc speeds
    Download PRIO process manager and in task manager set chrome processes to high priority and prio will automatically save these settings

I haven’t tested this but doing the re-install of windows 10 I feel like it increased the jumpers battery life by about 1 hour- 1:30
    Please note re-installing windows 10 is completely optional, I have done this 1000 times so do this step with caution if you know what you are doing.

I hope this helps everyone out.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password