Touchpad improvements for EZBOOK 3 PRO

Touchpad improvements for EZBOOK 3 PRO

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Touchpad improvements for EZBOOK 3 PRO

Viewing 9 posts - 106 through 114 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    Peter
    Participant

i don’t know either, haven’t seen your video yet

Video doesn’t show anything. But you can check your CPU/GPU load when scrolling (with task manager).

Good news: Today there was a major Window update. And also an Intel graphics driver update. I don’t know which of both was responsible but the load/scroll issue is much better now. Seemingly the scrolling is now handled by the GPU which didn’t work correctly before. The today’s update has improved the scrolling vastly. Still chrome scrolling is not on par with edge scrolling (which is near Macbook like scrolling).

Peter
    Participant

The load now shows a pretty weird behavior. In the Process tab the processes do not show increased CPU load when scrolling. The scrolling load shows up only in the GPU column. However in the details tab, where there is no GPU column, the load is shown under CPU. This is also shown in the process tab summary.

Prior to the yesterday update, the load was shown in CPU (unfortuately I can’t recall GPU numbers).

Scrolling in edge browser, for example the cnet.com page, in edge adds a marginal 2% additional GPU load to the edge process, but 70% GPU load in the desktop window manager process (no additional CPU load). Doing the same page scrolling in chrome, a 25% GPU load is shown in one of the chrome processes plus a 22% GPU load in the desktop window manager process (also no CPU load here). Overall chrome does generate less GPU load but also scrolling shows a tad bit more lag and jitter.

Chupa
    Participant

try slimjet from http://www.flashpeak.com/

it is chrome without google

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Peter
    Participant

try slimjet from http://www.flashpeak.com/ it is chrome without google

tried slimjet. Seems to be exactly chrome. Regarding scrolling it is no improvement. With the latest updates the Ezbook runs very nicely anyway. Much faster machine.

Chupa
    Participant

slimjet is based on chromium but without all the unwanted google extras, there is also slimbrowser what is based on old ie code and work well with a lot of old add ons which do not work with modern browsers no more.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Peter
    Participant

I installed a free version of ChromeOS on the Ezbook, it is called cloudready, you can download it from www.neverware.com. Install ist straight forward, takes 20min and then runs from an USB stick. Everything works, and you get much faster and smoother scrolling in Chrome. Makes a big difference. Unfortunately it is not possible to install cloudready in parallel to Windows. Bummer.
    Anyway, ChromeOS impressively shows how fast and smooth this touchpad can run. It is just Windows bad implementation of the touchpad.

Chupa
    Participant

so, just de-install your track pad driver and reboot. BUT make sure in device manager the driver is really removed from your pc and not just disabled.
    Then try with a couple different drivers or none.
    you have a wide variety here in the download section.

Need Help?

Peter
    Participant

Chupa, appreciated, but I already tested every driver, that was the first I did.
    So I am quite sure, that is just the way the Ezbook behaves under Windows. Should be the same for all of us. Bad touchpad implementation with jittery scrolling.
    It works flawlessly in ChromeOS (CloudReady) though.
    I am assuming that it is because of freon window server.
    Didn’t get the smooth and responsive result in other linux distros.
    CloudReady has some other limitations though (cannot be installed parallel to Windows, and cannot customize multitouch gestures – to name the 2 most severe).

Peter
    Participant

BTW – just updated Chrome to Version 72.0.3626.64 (Offizieller Build) beta (64-Bit), and scrolling is a tad better. They are constantly improving it. This is the first version I would deem usable on a daily basis.

Viewing 9 posts - 106 through 114 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password