Touchpad improvements for EZBOOK 3 PRO

Touchpad improvements for EZBOOK 3 PRO

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Touchpad improvements for EZBOOK 3 PRO

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    Angelo
    Participant

Hey guys, I’ve got my touchpad working pretty much perfectly now and I also get no frame drops watching 4k on chrome so this is what I did: Re-installation of windows 10 creators. Updated all drivers using IObit driver booster 5 beta before using windows update (the best driver software I’ve used) Install Intel I/O from the russian forums that oliver linked (The other driver linked to google drive was already installed after windows update and iobit driver booster did its thing) in touchpad settings change to Most Sensitive. In mouse settings decrease mouse speeds by 2 notches and keep “enhance pointer position” ticked and set scrolling to 1 bar at a time. In the bios: Enabled toupad device (disabled by default but I think it adds a better driver), added the bios tweak to improve emmc speeds Download PRIO process manager and in task manager set chrome processes to high priority and prio will automatically save these settings I haven’t tested this but doing the re-install of windows 10 I feel like it increased the jumpers battery life by about 1 hour- 1:30 Please note re-installing windows 10 is completely optional, I have done this 1000 times so do this step with caution if you know what you are doing. I hope this helps everyone out.

Thanks for sharing this James, something I did not understand:

-Are Intel IO drivers from russian forum different from those linked in google drive by Oliver or are they the same?

-In mouse settings you decresed the speed by 2 notches starting from witch position? The center of the bar?

-Where did you exactly found that option about “enabling touchpad device” in Bios?

Thank you

Angelo

Norg
    Participant

I haven’t had the chance to test them, but I was able to extract the SIO folder from the 1gb file on that google drive link (If anyone wants to do it:  just save it to your google drive then right click on the file, go to “open with” then use one of the zip extractors for google drive, select the folders you wish to extract, then extract).

Anyways, again untested, but here’s a link to them: https://uploadfiles.io/btsin

Elmer
    Participant

I came across this thread while investigating the pros and cons of the EZBook 3 pro and Lapbook 12.3. The Techtablets comparison video was really helpful, but doesn’t answer all of my questions. We’re about the buy one of these minibooks, and both devices have their advantages. The EZBook wins when it comes to it looks, dimensions and battery life. But the screen of the Lapbook 12.3 is better and shows more content to without the need to scroll. The Lapbook also has one of the best keyboards and trackpads in this area.

In our case, the minibook will often be used without a mouse. For this reason I guess the Chuwi Lapbook 12.3 will be the better choice. But I wonder how problematic the trackpad actually is. Are there any owners of the EZBook 3 pro who would have chosen for a different minibook with better trackpad after experiencing the issues with the EZBook trackpad?

Wolf
    Participant

Mine is horrible – the worst ever.

If I use two fingers to move a frame/slider to the right it works sometimes but the other way, when I am in the right most corner moving back to the left does not work regardless which trick I tried from the deactivation of the gesture app to 1 and 2 finger tricks … It is so frustrating if you are used to always use the trackpad instead of an external mouse. And there are keys missing like POS1/End and Page Up/down which is important for text guys to select paragraphs etc.

Many drawbacks I had never seen before – but coming from the IBM – LENOVO – HP road to a really cheap one.

external Keyboard / Mouse combo seems to be mandatory …  and that is not what I like to have.

Can not wait to get my hand on the next generation with a real trackpad … that destroys the otherwise really good impressions.
    I am mobile worker, I am using the machine, keyboard, trackpad and most all of it`s functions extensively – except camera.

It seems to be a kind of gamble – some do not complain, others could find a work around but mine is definitely a heartbreaker.

Good luck - WOLF

Wolf
    Participant

EZbook drivers and these are in separate folders, so you won’t have to download a 1GB archive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BxulJuGj9f7QZWFWSzNEMVhlV2M (Folder “SIO”) I only tried the drivers from the huge archive, but I guess they should be identical.

My 2 finger scrolling improved a lot after reducing the number lines settings from 3 to 2 lines. But acuracy , simply clicking the right icon is a real pain. Moving a finger in a straight line ends in a jumping cursor around the line.

That improved the situation a lot – at least currently after a restart of windows. So what did I do:

#1 I reduced scrolling to 2 lines – improved a lot
    #2 I also had done the registry and settings tweaks – some improvement
    #3 I made the windows automatic update work and did the latest updates
    #4 Finally I downloaded the SIO folder and extracted the ZIP
    #5 I installed the SetupSerialIO.exe and when it starts it offers a “repair” which I choose
    #6 reboot to make all these changes from windows update and SIO work

Results:

Now I can click on a graphic object with one finger and move it around with another finger for a bit of time or way cause beyond that the object can suddenly jump a bit far away in a millisecond by just a tiny move. But it is far better than before.

I had a youtube app installed where I was nearly unable to scroll to the right and back. Same behaviour on long web pages in chrome moving down cause while moving the second finger the third time to bring the page down further it suddenly scrolled the opposite way which was not a mistake of my fingers.

I could not controll the mouse exactly and was mostly unable to hit the right Word Icons cause in the moment of pressing the cursor jumped a bit to one unpredictable side and the click was executed at the neighbour and wrong icon. A lot of pain and trouble. Nearly useless except with an external mouse.

NOW after win10 update, the SIO repair and a reboot I can

* scroll vertically as far as I want without a suddenly appearing “opposite scrolling”

* scroll in that youtube windows app horizontally which previously was only possible in the right corner but not vice versa

* I am able to click on the right point in 95% of the time. It has become much more precisely and usable

So: I recommend these settings cause I have a total different experience !

1 hours ago I was thinking about selling the machine and get the next good one what might be coming up. I had bought a new SSD but the trackpad was such a pain that I did not install it and did not do any machine and bios tweaks that were mentioned in other threads. It was a nightmare.

Due to the fact that Chris always explained that the trackpad isn`t so bad and that he is not dealing with us but being brutal honest I had been pretty sure that this behaviour of my machine was not caused by hardware or hardware quality issues but by software bugs or misbehaviour.

I did not install a new WINDOWS cause my pain with the trackpad was such big that I did not wanna waste that time … so I stayed with the JUMPER factory rollout – until I was able to fix the windows update issues and made the update and all the stuff above.

Now it is a total different laptop user experience, feels like a total different machine.

Due to the high pain I did nearly nothing with that machine in the last month beyond installing a word processor, chrome, dropbox so I am pretty sure that I did not any additional step in the windows configuration except these in this thread metioned steps.

So I believe that everyone should now be able to get the trackpad running in a huge improved way.
    Of cause: by far not the best trackpad, but really useable not too much to complain  – at least currently in the first 2 hours after succeeding.
    Might be changing but fingers crossed that will not happen.

I will later do the  256 GB SSD update with a complete new Windows 10 pro GERMAN Installation and see how that will work out of the box and after updating the drivers. But: all mentioned above was based on the factory installation (a chinese and english one)

I hope that will work for all of us and also in the long run and not getting worser … really unbelieveable feeling that I can move on the trackpad and the frames or sliders are scrolling the same direction and proportional regarding speed  and distance.

Thanks to Oliver who had found that link to the googledrive – do not forget to use the second link cause the SIO folder download is about 4 MB instead of a 1000 MB download, so pay attention at that point.

GOOD LUCK

Good luck - WOLF

metatr0nX81
    Participant

Sharing some findings…not sure how useful but…

Someone posted a pic of the trackpad chip: CY8CTMA-140-LQI-1601

Which I tracked down to some Cypress vendor documentation (see attached slide).

From that point, I focused on finding CYPRESS trackpad drivers. Dell provides some Cypress drivers for their XPS line, but they don’t appear to work. The driver I tried interpreted every movement into a click.

Link to driver I tried: http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=VYVMP&fileId=3504817006&osCode=WT64A&productCode=xps-13-l321x&languageCode=en&categoryId=IN

Surely there’s an OEM driver out there (Dell, Lenovo, HP, etc.) that will support this device! My biggest want at this point is to create a “dead zone” at the bottom of the trackpad so I can more easily drag-and-drop.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    metatr0nX81
    Participant

I followed the instructions here, using the link to the ELAN drivers. It’s a start. The drivers definitely make the touchpad work, unlike some others I’ve tried.

Result: Precision touchpad settings are now enabled. Not all gestures are working but the overall responsiveness of the touchpad seems to be improved, but it could all be placebo since the touchpad is horrible out of the box 🙂

I’m using a V1 EZBOOK 3 PRO…

Proof attached

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Wolf
    Participant

Yes,
    I followed the instructions and replace one of my HID compliant mice drivers in the control panel with that ELAN driver and I also got these gesture features.

3 finger gestures and more do not work but at least it feels a bit more precise, but only a bit more.

Thanks a lot

Good luck - WOLF

Nebular
    Participant

i found some informations about this driver

http://www.synaptics.com/resources

maybe someone can try this driver

1. Windows 10 PS/2 & SMBus Devices v19.0.19.1

metatr0nX81
    Participant

i found some informations about this driver http://www.synaptics.com/resources maybe someone can try this driver 1. Windows 10 PS/2 & SMBus Devices v19.0.19.1

I had no success using Synaptics drivers. The only drivers that seem to work and possibly improve the touchpad are Elan.

Nebular
    Participant

i see, thank you for the information.

George Roch
    Participant

A couple of simple questions:

1. This is one of he first laptops I have used without a touchpad controller icon in the lower right icon drawer, did I lose it somehow or is it not there.
    2. Since issue #1, how do I enable/disable the touchpad.  Is there a keyboard shortcut for when I am using a mouse.   Thx.
    aitors30
    Participant

Hi,

I have a Ezbook 3 Pro gold with AC and M.2 Slot.

I cant install any drivers to have precision touchpad in windows 10 Creator Update. I test all i see posted in the post but not recognice. In the Hardware administrator, when i see the properties of the PS/2 Device it says “TP” in the manufacture line.

How can i know witch driver I need to install in my Ezbook?¿?

Thanks for all.

Bruce Dailey
    Participant

Folks, Great news and kudos to Jayce Ooi (jayceooi.com) for finding a good driver for the Jumper EZbook 3 Pro trackpad: http://www.synaptics.com/resources (Windows 10 PS/2 & SMBus Devices v19.0.19.1). Although many people have said the Synaptics trackpad driver doesn’t work, it improved things immediately for me. On two finger scrolling the annoying misdirection when beginning a two finger scroll disappeared immediately after installing this driver. So far the best results for me is one line for the wheel and “low sensitivity”. I’ll probably cancel my order for the 3L since the trackpad is finally tolerable for me. Hooray!

aitors30
    Participant

Hi Bruce,

How did you do to install this drivers?¿. I try this zip but not work; stay the same “generic PS/2” driver in Devices. The only thing i suppose to be is that the controller of the touchpad are diferent betwenn ezbook 3 Pro version. I don’t know if mine is v2 or v3.

Do you change any option in Bios?¿?

Thanks for all.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password