Fitting an M.2 2280 SSD in EZbook 3 Pro

Fitting an M.2 2280 SSD in EZbook 3 Pro

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Fitting an M.2 2280 SSD in EZbook 3 Pro

This topic contains 164 replies, has 56 voices, and was last updated by  Chupa 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 165 total)
  • Author

Peter
    Participant

Anyone have a link to good cost/GB SSD? 128 or 256.

I just ordered a Jumper Ezbook 3 pro so might aswell order SSd too.

Isti
    Participant

Anyone have a link to good cost/GB SSD? 128 or 256. I just ordered a Jumper Ezbook 3 pro so might aswell order SSd too.

I went for the Crucial MX300 275GB  2280 M.2 SSD (actual size is 256GB).

Dennis
    Participant

Can really nobody help me with this Problem?

The m.2 is not nearly so fast as it should be.

Bazzan
    Participant

Hi Dennis

I have the same problem as you. My SSD is a Samsung. Been asking over in this thread.

Slow speed Samsung 2280 ssd

Juan suggested this.

Did not work for me but may be a solution for you.

On the Win Raid Forum Fernando has altered some Intel AHCI drivers that should work with our laptop. Plan to give that a go when I have a moment. Failing that I think I might try a clean install of Windows 10

Bazzan

andrei
    Participant

I have the same problem. Bought an adata pro sp900 128gb ssd and tried to clone the eMMC. Failed to make it boot from SSD but also managed to crash the original version of windows from eMMC when some updates failed to install.

Anyway, just wanted to use the SSD as a second storage unit but, after installing windows 10 from microsoft site and, using the drivers from the download section (many thanks to the user that made those available for us), now my SSD acts very strange: I get good speed when copying large files to it, but i get very low to 0 bytes speed when trying to copy that large file (video) from the SSD back to eMMC or to an USB flash drive (tried 2 drives – 1 was usb 3.0 and another one was 2.0). Also when trying to run the video from the SSD, the video player freezes.

I’m thinking the issue is with ahci/sata driver but I’m not sure about this.

Do you have any idea/solution?

Thanks.

Wout
    Participant

Disable Emmc in bios, in south cluster, sata drives, port 1

This way i had no problem booting from a cloned SSD with w10.

benares
    Participant

Installed a 128 GB Transcend m.2 (22 x 80) by holding the end down with electrical tape, the cover went back on with no problems, but I couldn’t screw down that little expansion slot door, so just taped that down too. Cloned the eMMC drive using  Macrium with no problems,  but then found that Windows 10 wouldn’t allow me to expand the Transcend volume to it’s full 128 GB capacity, I had to download a 3rd party tool  to accomplish that. (free mini tool partition wizard). These are my final speed test results – (Sandisk eMMC vs Transcend m.2 SSD). I’m a little disappointed with the write speeds of the Transcend M.2, it’s supposed to be around 460 MB/s.  Is there anything I can tweak in BIOS for faster writes, I don’t want to go mucking around blind in the BIOS. Any advice appreciated. Cheers!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

benares
    Participant

… it seems like 160 MB/s writes is the best you can get out of a Transcend M.2 2280 128GB SATA SSD

http://bit.ly/2DlZB2X

Attachments:

Isti
    Participant

Here`s the test result of my Crucial MX300 2280.

Attachments:

Simon Chang
    Participant

Hi, I am a newbie.  Would you please explain on how to create a Windows10 Boot USB?  And once re-installing Windows 10 via USB, does the notebook recolonize all drivers, or I have to find them somewhere?  Is there a such utility to transfer the system from eMMC to SSD?  Once reformatting the eMMC, is it available as a storage with a different drive letter?  Thank you so much for the information.

CS
    Participant

@simon Chang

You can follow this tutorial, is works the same for the EZbook 3

Best of luck

Chupa
    Participant

so many problems here with all the Jumpers cloning and slow SSD´s, take a look how easy it can be.

Remember clone outside via USB3 (much less problems – why? ask Intel and your bios manufacturer), remove the black plastic m.2 2242 holder completely ( in case of warranty it is easy to reinstall unharmed).
    Ductape the mounting screw where the 2260 or 2280 sits on), slot in the already cloned SSD, fix with some heat resistant tape at the end.
    After closing the case put a thick (1mm) silicone heat transfer pad on top of the SSD to have thermal contact with the lid, it also keeps it secure in place.
    My setup works like a charm, remember SSD and other high speed memory chips get quite hot and are thankful for some thing cool to be attached.

Attachments:

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Alex
    Participant

Jumper Ezbook 3 pro ordered! I have joined the group at last.

Going to adjust the TDP to 10w in the bios, does this stay permanently after being set?

How much real difference does it make installing the SSD for everyday use?

I use my laptop for internet browsing, youtube, iTunes, word and excel mainly everything backed up document wise onto a memory card.

Would an SSD and the TDP mod benefit someone like myself?

Thanks for your people.

Look forward to being part of the community!

Alex

Chupa
    Participant

Jumper Ezbook 3 pro ordered!

My condolences

I have joined the group at last.

Welcome in the valley of despair and tears

Going to adjust the TDP to 10w in the bios,

How do you know it is not already done to the recommended max?

does this stay permanently after being set?

depends how you define permanently!

How much real difference does it make installing the SSD for everyday use?

Compared to what? weekend use or holiday use? Nightly use?

I use my laptop for internet browsing,

how quaint

youtube,

you don´t say, You know every clip you see is recorded in your permanent file and passed on to nearly everyone who is intersted and willing to pay for or hack it or is government or Lawyer or or or (NO KIDDING)

iTunes,

ah the wonderful world of Apple where the artist gets next to nothing but most goes to Apple.

word and excel mainly everything backed up document wise onto a memory card.

I so would like to see that, at least a picture. I am baking Easter cookies and they look like bunnies -mostly.

Would an SSD and the TDP mod benefit someone like myself?

Well we barely know you but if you play with your new toy for a while you will figure out what benefits you and what not.

Thanks for your people.

what people, did somebody send you umpalumpas?

Look forward to being part of the community!

well we meet every Saturday at the grill place for  trash pick up, you are welcome to join.

Alex

This was a another 1 of April quality post by Uncle Chupa

Attachments:

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

rajko
    Participant

Hello guys! A few days ago, I installed SSDs, and everything went fine, everything works great, however, my ezbook 3 pro, it’s very hot now. Does anyone know what the fault.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 165 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password