Windows 10 Upgrade/Clean installation guide for dummies!

Windows 10 Upgrade/Clean installation guide for dummies!

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi8 Discussion Windows 10 Upgrade/Clean installation guide for dummies!

This topic contains 81 replies, has 49 voices, and was last updated by  C.M.G. 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 82 total)
  • Author

Gregy
    Participant

Possible with the Windows 8.1 images that are in the download section and the same method used for the clean installation, check out other forums I have seen others on here that have experienced corrupted images and have had to resotre ? really not sure Péter

Gregy
    Participant

Or Check out this link, seems to be a Dual OS image for the Hi8 i found its roughly 6gb though and you will need to create a login account as well.

http://www.needrom.com/download/chuwi-hi8-dual-os/

Peter Scharf
    Participant

i identified the problem…. everything works fine with another USB Hub

Adrian Fedele
    Participant

OK cool, and if you go thru the normal win 10 upgrade that will fail?

Peter Scharf
    Participant

yes, always error

Peter Scharf
    Participant

next Problem… rufus is unable to “burn” an iso of windows with fat32, it requires ntfs

Adrian Fedele
    Participant

Ok so I followed the upgrade method, however didn’t use that Rufus app, I just set my USB to an active partition and extracted the Win 10 ISO on it and ran the upgrade within Windows. Everything’s fine now but the switch to Android Icon on the start bar has disappeared, I don’t know how to switch to Android now?

Bùi Anh Tuấn
    Participant

Chuwi Hi8 Win 8.1 Drivers Doubledriver (82.7 MiB) & Chuwi Hi8 Touch installer (71.3 KiB)
    i couldn’t find these files in the given links, pls tell me where can i get those files, thanks a lot 🙁

Adrian Fedele
    Participant

From the Chuwi download section on this site.

PS: Got Android partition back.

Shayne
    Participant

I could not find the drivers, either.  The Chuwi Hi8 section only has ROM images in it.  Are the drivers available anywhere else?

Peter lindström
    Participant

I cant active windows 10, kms-error, anyone know how to solve that?

Antonio Michael
    Participant

I’m seeing the same problem.  At the point of activation, I get the error “No Key Management Service”.

Please help!!!!!!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Chuwi Hi8 Win 8.1 Drivers Doubledriver (82.7 MiB) & Chuwi Hi8 Touch installer (71.3 KiB)
    i couldn’t find these files in the given links, pls tell me where can i get those files, thanks a lot :(

Sorry they are here now: http://techtablets.com/chuwi-hi8/downloads/
    I just reuploaded them with the touch config files too.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast X6 Pro, X4 and UMIDIGI S3 Pro
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

Peter Scharf
    Participant

i tried different versions of win10 but every one didn’t end booting after installing Intel(R) Dynamic Platform & Thermal Framework Display Participant Driver 🙁

Update:

Trial N0. 7359 … now windows works fine, this time doubledriver did all the installations correct. i don’t understand why… i used a downloaded win 10 x86 Home edition, created with the media creatioon tool. then i used rufus to build the stick an the driver Backup from the download section of this page. i did the same, like many times before, i don’t understand, why it works now… so to all the people with problems: try again… and again … and again…

Albert
    Participant

Factory reset gives me about 10GB free space when i was in Windows 8.1, but only gets 5.5GB when in Windows 10 (after delete old windows folder).  Still in the edge whether to go back to 8.1 just to get 4.5gb more space for applications….

can anyone share their experience on how much free space they have after Windows 10? i know i can’t expect the same free space but loosing 4.5GB is quite painful because you can only install app in C:.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 82 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password