Windows 10 Upgrade/Clean installation guide for dummies!

Windows 10 Upgrade/Clean installation guide for dummies!

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi8 Discussion Windows 10 Upgrade/Clean installation guide for dummies!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    cyan
    Participant

i saw blog post on chinagadgetsreviews
    that windows 10 pro also activated + works. or activation only works with windows 10 home ?

konstantinos
    Participant

Windows would not reset, or restart

i cannot freaking restart this tablet in windows, only shut down! i also cannot switch to android automatically…it always crashes and i have to reset it! resetting it did not help, installing directly from microsoft did not help either! its driving me crazy not to know what the problem is

Anonymous
    Inactive

this is the most retarded guide i’v ever read…..

Petros
    Participant

[spoiler]

Hey Guys, I thought i would write up a tutorial on how i did the installation of Windows 10 on my Chuwi Hi8 Tablet, Please note that i do not take responsibility if break/damage your tablet. Please note I have upgraded Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 in order to Activate my product key thats aligned to my Microsoft Account, once the upgrade is complete and the product key has been activated it was then a clean installation was performed, I strongly suggest to upgrade first before performing the clean installation. I hope this helps :)<noscript>:)</noscript>——————————————– Hardware Wise: OTG Cable 3 Port USB Hub 8Gb USB Flash Drive (fat32) USB Mouse & Keyboard USB Wireless Dongle 6Gb Minimum HDD on the Tablet is required ——————————————– Software Wise: Windows 10 Media Creation Tool – Download the correct version suited to your PC not the Tablet https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 Rufus – create bootable USB flash drives for both 32 & 64 Bit OS’s https://rufus.akeo.ie/ Double Driver – Add this to the Bootable USB with your http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/double_driver.html Chuwi Hi8 Win 8.1 Drivers Doubledriver (82.7 MiB) & Chuwi Hi8 Touch installer (71.3 KiB) http://techtablets.com/downloads-drivers-roms/ ——————————————– The Upgrade: (Upgrades the OS from 8.1 to 10 with an Activated licence): Download Windows 10 Home 32-bit version (Supported for you Tablet) via the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool, this may take a while depending on your internet connection. Whilst your waiting for this to download, have a look at how much space is left on your Tablet as you will be needing at least 6gb in order to install the upgrade, for me i didnt have anything important on the device so i decided to run the recovery and bring the device back to factory standard and making sure it was activated under my Microsoft Account once again without doing all the updates. Soon as the ISO has been downloaded, Plug in your USB to your PC and run the Rufus app on your PC selecting the Drive that your USB stick is using then click on the small image on far right bottom of the page that looks like hard drive with a CD on top and wait about 10-30 mins for this to complete. Once completed, fire up your tablet, plug in the OTG adapter and plug in your USB hub with your keyboard/mouse & USB connected. Once in Windows, go to Windows Explorer and run the Windows installer and follow the prompts, you do not have to download the additional updates just yet as this will contribute to additional space to be taken from your tablet. Keep clicking next and then let the Tablet take its course in the upgrade procedure, this may take a while to do… Soon as you have logged into Windows 10, you will need to check your Product Key has been activated if it is your good to go. ——————————————– Clean Installation: (Clean installation, Deleted Partitions Edition only if Windows 10 is activated): Power off your device Connect the USB Installer, Wifi dongle, USB keyboard and mouse to your USB Hub/OTG Cable to the Device. Power on your device and hold down the “ESC” Key when you see the CHUWI Logo, this will take you to another menu then select “” Choose your Language / Region then click next, then the Product key screen may appear, if so then click skip. For Clean installation click “Custom Installation”, this will enable you to select the partition and wipe it or otherwise do what i did and delete all the partitions and create a new one (this will give you a total of 29.8gb), the installation process will take about 30+ mins to install. Once the install has been completed Windows, Log into Windows using your Windows Account, then run Windows Updates and reboot. When you have rebooted, Run “Double Drivers” application from your USB and then select the folder “Chuwi Hi8 Win 8.1 Drivers Doubledriver” and then click on Restore, during this process Windows will display notifications asking you to install drivers that have not been signed by Microsoft for Windows 10, just keep clicking install and once complete, then reboot the Tablet and then run the windows update to check your drivers once again.. And your done! ——————————————–

[/spoiler]

Subscribed and logged in only to thank you.

Your’s, was the only method that allowed me to reinstall W10 since my unit arrived with a broken OS installation (Android works fine).

Unfortunately, as soon as I set everything back up, and managed to get the touch screen/button to work again…restart/bootloop (exact same problem I had from the beginning).

Seems it’s a driver related problem, specifically the touch driver combined with W10 v.1511.

Have to find a way around it…sigh…

Anyway, thank you, again.

chanchhaychhada noun
    Participant

anyone try install 64bit version? i have a software that can’t run on 32bit. Please help!!! thanks

Megmaradona
    Participant

Hi. I managed to get as far as the disk chosing part where I can format the drive where I eant to install win but the installer says none of them are ok for installation. I made a screenshot of it, please let me know how to make the installer go through it.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    M
    Participant

Hi I have installed windows 10 x86 and installed the Chuwi Hi8 drivers backup doubledriver.zip using Double Driver 4.10 as a administrator and also had to use vista compatibility mode. All drivers installed successfully except 1 Intel driver failed. I reboot but nothing works at all… windows loads and works fine but no wifi no sd card, no touch screen no sound bluetooth cameras ect. I have also tryed after to install all the drivers manually and this time all drivers installed successfully so I rebooted Still no drivers work. Any ideas on whats going wrong here ??

Chuwi please please we need proper installation drivers with exe files not this double driver nonsense.

M
    Participant

Hi. I managed to get as far as the disk chosing part where I can format the drive where I eant to install win but the installer says none of them are ok for installation. I made a screenshot of it, please let me know how to make the installer go through it.

Hi I had the same problem as well notice how many partitions there are . to get over this problem i deleted all system partitions and deleted recovery partitions as well then when windows formats the 16gb windows partition it creates new system and recovery partitions and allows windows to install.

I’m not certain but windows might also install if you only delete system partitions if not delete recovery as well 🙂

stefan
    Participant

<!–more–>Hello, first of all i need to say that my english is very poor. So if anyone help me, please use ordinary words. Now the problem…

I have this tablet, but after one factory reset, it stucks on the chuwi logo and just the dot keep rotating. I read a lot, but i cant understand how to reinstall it. First i cant format the usb into a fat32. Tried with rufus, but when i add a image from daemon tools its automaticly switch it in ntfs . Second problem is from where i can find windows 10 image file ( here in the forum has 5 rar files ) , which i extracted to a single folder. Is that enough? Third problem, how to implement doybke driver and touch screen driver in to this usb together wiith the windows? Please give me an advice.. already 3 days i fight with this problem, i dont want android even i will delete it, but the tablet now is not usable

Mike Ashcraft
    Participant

Looks like the download section of the site dosnt work any more.

Mike Ashcraft
    Participant

Oh joy it also dosn’t recognize keyboard when booting with the usb hub plugged in. I think I am the proud owner of a useless bit of hardware as the bios dosnt recognize usb drives plugged in after coming to that boot menu.

Mike Ashcraft
    Participant

Managed to get windows installed again it was my pen drive that was the problem and every thing is working except the touch screen. I installed the KMFD HID minidriver for Touch I2C Device and then the HID-compliant touch screen shows up but when touching the screen its way off and does random things.

Viktor Palinkas
    Participant

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation. I could install Windows 10 to my Cube i10 Dual Boot. The Windows 8 drivers found on this site are working also fine.

I was struggling with this piece of sh*t for like 2 months now its finally working as expected, so BIG THANK YOU! 🙂

NelCraze Mirasol
    Participant

Hey Guys, I thought i would write up a tutorial on how i did the installation of Windows 10 on my Chuwi Hi8 Tablet, Please note that i do not take responsibility if break/damage your tablet. Please note I have upgraded Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 in order to Activate my product key thats aligned to my Microsoft Account, once the upgrade is complete and the product key has been activated it was then a clean installation was performed, I strongly suggest to upgrade first before performing the clean installation. I hope this helps ? ——————————————– Hardware Wise: OTG Cable 3 Port USB Hub 8Gb USB Flash Drive (fat32) USB Mouse & Keyboard USB Wireless Dongle 6Gb Minimum HDD on the Tablet is required ——————————————– Software Wise: Windows 10 Media Creation Tool – Download the correct version suited to your PC not the Tablet https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 Rufus – create bootable USB flash drives for both 32 & 64 Bit OS’s https://rufus.akeo.ie/ Double Driver – Add this to the Bootable USB with your http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/double_driver.html Chuwi Hi8 Win 8.1 Drivers Doubledriver (82.7 MiB) & Chuwi Hi8 Touch installer (71.3 KiB) http://techtablets.com/downloads-drivers-roms/ ——————————————– The Upgrade: (Upgrades the OS from 8.1 to 10 with an Activated licence): Download Windows 10 Home 32-bit version (Supported for you Tablet) via the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool, this may take a while depending on your internet connection. Whilst your waiting for this to download, have a look at how much space is left on your Tablet as you will be needing at least 6gb in order to install the upgrade, for me i didnt have anything important on the device so i decided to run the recovery and bring the device back to factory standard and making sure it was activated under my Microsoft Account once again without doing all the updates. Soon as the ISO has been downloaded, Plug in your USB to your PC and run the Rufus app on your PC selecting the Drive that your USB stick is using then click on the small image on far right bottom of the page that looks like hard drive with a CD on top and wait about 10-30 mins for this to complete. Once completed, fire up your tablet, plug in the OTG adapter and plug in your USB hub with your keyboard/mouse & USB connected. Once in Windows, go to Windows Explorer and run the Windows installer and follow the prompts, you do not have to download the additional updates just yet as this will contribute to additional space to be taken from your tablet. Keep clicking next and then let the Tablet take its course in the upgrade procedure, this may take a while to do… Soon as you have logged into Windows 10, you will need to check your Product Key has been activated if it is your good to go. ——————————————– Clean Installation: (Clean installation, Deleted Partitions Edition only if Windows 10 is activated): Power off your device Connect the USB Installer, Wifi dongle, USB keyboard and mouse to your USB Hub/OTG Cable to the Device. Power on your device and hold down the “ESC” Key when you see the CHUWI Logo, this will take you to another menu then select “” Choose your Language / Region then click next, then the Product key screen may appear, if so then click skip. For Clean installation click “Custom Installation”, this will enable you to select the partition and wipe it or otherwise do what i did and delete all the partitions and create a new one (this will give you a total of 29.8gb), the installation process will take about 30+ mins to install. Once the install has been completed Windows, Log into Windows using your Windows Account, then run Windows Updates and reboot. When you have rebooted, Run “Double Drivers” application from your USB and then select the folder “Chuwi Hi8 Win 8.1 Drivers Doubledriver” and then click on Restore, during this process Windows will display notifications asking you to install drivers that have not been signed by Microsoft for Windows 10, just keep clicking install and once complete, then reboot the Tablet and then run the windows update to check your drivers once again.. And your done! ——————————————–

??? please help me with bluetooth i nver get lucky inztalling almost all available driver

Herr Bert
    Participant

Thanks for the Cleaninstall Guide 🙂

Works perfectly for me

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar