BMAX y13 – USB-C not charging

BMAX y13 – USB-C not charging

TechTablets Forums General General Discussion BMAX y13 – USB-C not charging

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Octavio
    Participant

There is video on YouTube in spanish where someone is charging the Y13 form a Powerbank, and one more YouTube telling he is in deed powering his Y13 from a Xiaomi charger, but gave no details. I do have a SamsungUSB C charger for my wireless charger that delivers 12v 2.1A as max, I tried it and it does not work either. Unplugging it even rebooted the computer !!! But luckily did no harm. Would be interested thou if the Y11 USB-C charger would work here or not, since the y11 is only USB-C charged at least per specs.

Yes, I can confirm that with the left full USBC port I’m charging the Y13 with a power bank.
    I uploaded a video that show this.

Link in the youtube description

sandro
    Participant

Guys, I still didn’t get what feature is needed for the charger to charge this laptop!

Mike
    Participant

The Y13 spec suggests PD2.0 but I honestly don’t think my cheap charger has even that (see earlier post for link). My 2ct is to try a generic one with at least [email protected] or a high wattage PD2.0.

David
    Participant

I am successfully charging with this charger in my van:

https://www.amazon.es/dp/B07TZGK6K9?ref_=pe_3310721_248816181_302_E_DDE_dt_1
    <p style=”text-align: left;”></p>

Probabile
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: right;”><p style=”text-align: center;”>Omars 24.000 is able to charge bmax y13. It’s just a little heavvy</p></p>

Mus
    Participant
    1. Hi dude, I was trying to figure out how get my bmax y13 to charge using usb-c then came across your comment. I know it’s a couple months late but I had the same problem. I resolved this issue by increasing the minimum process state whilst on battery power to 55%.
    Mus
    Participant

You need a charger that uses QC 3.0 and usb-c to usb-c wire. Same for PB. Search imuto hub QC 3.0 on Amazon. I got one for around 18 quid.

sandro
    Participant

It all seem to point to pd 3.0 and or qc3.0.

I’m still confused.

sandro
    Participant

I bought this charger that has a 36W output from the usb-c port along with a 100W cable and it works, however still stuck at 11.4W charging speed like the DC charger so I guess you won’t ever get a higher wattage.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_BSkq9p

Guzfit
    Participant

Sandro, ese cargador de Ugreen tiene sólo 18W en cada salida USB. El que trae la notebook da 24W. Te recomiendo el que analizan en este artículo:

https://techtest.org/helper-lab-65w-usb-pd-ladegeraet-mit-pps-im-test/

Yo lo compré y carga la Bmax más rápido que el de 12v y 2 amp

sandro
    Participant

The Ugreen actually charges at 36W max so it should be faster tha 11W, even so why not at 18W anyway?
    What power are you getting from that charger?

sandro
    Participant

I tried with a PB from amazon with 12V1.5A via type-c with QC3.0 and PD3.0 support and it’s not charging. Go figure what’s actually needed.

sandro
    Participant

Edit: it does work, sorry. Always at 11.4W though :/

Edit 2: it says charging but I guess it’s not, probably the PB is not delivering enough amps even if I see 11W, thepercentage is not increasing.

sandro
    Participant

Edit:3 I received another PB, this time 37Wh (can’t post links)
    that like the other one it supports 12V1.5A and it’s charging. While I see the percentage of the battery decreasing 100 to 86% the laptop percentages stayed the same for an hour almost in idle. I don’t understand, where is exactly that energy going? :/
    Considering this formula (can’t post links) I should get around 2700mah which is half the battery capacity filled.
    I’m assuming that both these cheap PBs don’t delivery enough amps to fill the battery while the laptop is on.
    I don’t have a watt usb meter for usb-c so I can’t tell for sure.

sorry I had to delete links otherwise this wouldn’t post.

Probabile
    Participant

I use Omars 24000 mAh.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar