Ezbook 3 Plus buy now or wait?

Ezbook 3 Plus buy now or wait?

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Ezbook 3 Plus buy now or wait?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 174 total)
  • Author
    Kalle
    Participant

So I’m in a bit of a dilemma here. I study CS and begin again next week. So far I’ve been using my Cube i7 Stylus everyday but the screen and keyboard is to small for me. Now the question is what I should replace it with. I’m considering buying the Ezbook 3 Plus, it has the latest core m and 8gb of ram. The SSD is also big enough for me. It’s on sale at gearbest for 450 dollars, but I’ve heard that gb support is pretty bad. I’m considering buying it at the official Jumper store instead, but it’s about 510 dollars, about 60 dollars more. I’ts quite alot of money! I think i will get about 120 dollars for my old Cube i7 so there’s that at least. The thing is that we don’t even know how good the plus model is, maybe the touchpad is really bad.

What would you do? Buy from Gearbest, Jumper store or just wait for Chris’s review?

Michael
    Participant

Hi,

I ordered one a week ago but I am seriously thinking about canceling my order from GB. (Not shipped yet)

If you look at Chris’s review for the T-Bao Tbook  4 this looks really similar to the pictures GB has from the EzBook 3 Plus.

If this is the same 48Hz screen this would be a total no go for me.

I am also not so sure about the keyboard layout (enter not totally on the right side but another column of keys there).

I would wait.

Maybe even for the Chuwi Lapbook Air 14.1?

Michael

Roberto
    Participant

Great question, Kalle.

I’ve been in the exact same situation and I bought it 3 days ago for that price.

They currently don’t have any stock as the customer support told me, but if the price falls in the mean time, they offered me a partial refund.

I hope they get the stock next week and will send the Laptop next week. I could be a very solid device with these specs, but it’s kind of a risk that I’m willing to take. BTW I don’t think it will be a 48Hz display, Jumper haven’t even done this one they more affordable devices.

nicolas poupinet
    Participant

Look at this Yepo 737A. It looks very similar and get the 128GB ssd storage include.

https://actiftech.com

Kalle
    Participant

Hi, I ordered one a week ago but I am seriously thinking about canceling my order from GB. (Not shipped yet) If you look at Chris’s review for the T-Bao Tbook 4 this looks really similar to the pictures GB has from the EzBook 3 Plus. If this is the same 48Hz screen this would be a total no go for me. I am also not so sure about the keyboard layout (enter not totally on the right side but another column of keys there). I would wait. Maybe even for the Chuwi Lapbook Air 14.1? Michael

Hmm, you convinced me to wait for chris’s review. 😀

Great question, Kalle. I’ve been in the exact same situation and I bought it 3 days ago for that price. They currently don’t have any stock as the customer support told me, but if the price falls in the mean time, they offered me a partial refund. I hope they get the stock next week and will send the Laptop next week. I could be a very solid device with these specs, but it’s kind of a risk that I’m willing to take. BTW I don’t think it will be a 48Hz display, Jumper haven’t even done this one they more affordable devices.

By the looks of Jumper’s existing devices, they seem to be pretty good but I don’t think I want to chance this time. 🙂

Look at this Yepo 737A. It looks very similar and get the 128GB ssd storage include.

Very sexy device! If  only it had 8gb ram!

Maybe I should just buy the Cube Thinker instead, bigger SSD, FP reader, USB C. It’s just a 100 dollars more. :S

Edit: I just blought the Ezbook 3 pro instead, it was so cheap I couldn’t resist. I believe the Ram and CPU will be enough for me. 🙂

Roberto
    Participant

Yes, I understand you. I just hope this will be a very nice device.

However, keep in mind that the Yepo does only have an Apollo Lake 3450 and no Kaby Lake Core M.

The Cube Thinker is definitely a great laptop, but it has a very big deal breaker for me: the weight of 1.7 kg. That’s like 300 grams more than the Ezbook 3 Plus with even 0.6 inches less of screen. I think that’s too heavy for such a portable and small device.

nicolas poupinet
    Participant

@Kalle write: “Edit: I just blought the Ezbook 3 pro instead, it was so cheap I couldn’t resist. I believe the Ram and CPU will be enough for me. ?”

I am very surprised by this choice… You were looking for the E-book 3 Plus with core M 450$, I suggested the Yepo 737A with 128GB SSD inside 300$ , and you finally choose the Jumper Ezbook pro version with just SSD expansion?… Well, ok, it’s your choice, I respect it!

Ian
    Participant

Having the same dilemma and also thinking about ordering ezbook 3 pro now and switch to ezbook 3 plus if Chris will approve =)

In my opinion Yepo in not very good idea. First, it’s on preorder and will be shipped in the end of september. And second – yepo’s previous model 737S was terrible https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj85vcvDhNQ

nicolas poupinet
    Participant

I saw the Chris ‘s review, but my experience with this model was very different. It appears to me very superior to the Jumper Ezbook 2 (the very firt one had a very bad screen). Now, with the Ezbook 3 pro, the design is significantly improved, so I think it should be the same with the new Yepo.

However, Yepo is not a constructor, unlike Jumper. So indeed we can expect a superior quality with Jumper, even if their support is non-existent, unfortunately. I have sent them several requests for help for which I have never received an answer.

Jumper Ezbook 3 Plus Gearbest.com

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Kalle
    Participant

@Kalle write: “Edit: I just blought the Ezbook 3 pro instead, it was so cheap I couldn’t resist. I believe the Ram and CPU will be enough for me. ” I am very surprised by this choice… You were looking for the E-book 3 Plus with core M 450$, I suggested the Yepo 737A with 128GB SSD inside 300$ , and you finally choose the Jumper Ezbook pro version with just SSD expansion?… Well, ok, it’s your choice, I respect it!

Ah yes, well I reasoned like this: The biggest complaints I have about my Cube today is the screen and keyboard&mouse being to small. The battery life isn’t that good either and the reflective screen…urgh. I saw that the Plus seems to have glossy screen aswell so I probably won’t buy it. 🙂 The new TDP tweaks for the Apollo Lake’s is probably good enough for me, more cores too. 🙂 I Program alot in C++ so more cores will probably compile code faster. Yepo 737A does indeed look good, but it’s 100 dollars more and there is no review yet. The old version didn’t seem to be that good. The Ezbook 3 pro model seems like a solid laptop for the price. In my country you have to pay 3x the price for exactly the same machine lol.

CM
    Participant

@Kalle write: “Edit: I just blought the Ezbook 3 pro instead, it was so cheap I couldn’t resist. I believe the Ram and CPU will be enough for me. ?” I am very surprised by this choice… You were looking for the E-book 3 Plus with core M 450$, I suggested the Yepo 737A with 128GB SSD inside 300$ , and you finally choose the Jumper Ezbook pro version with just SSD expansion?… Well, ok, it’s your choice, I respect it!

Can’t see why anyone would go with the yepo. Not reviewed, long wait to receive it. Build might be as good as the jumper but easily might not. Only obvious bonus is the 128gb ssd but it’s priced so much higher than the jumper that you can buy a budget 256gb ssd and the jumper.

sportnok
    Participant

I asked Yepo on the Official aliexpress store, and they said it in fact a 128gb eMMC and its b/g/n wifi, so not ac and not even dual band n.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/YEPO-13-3-inch-Windows-10-Apollo-Version-Intel-Celeron-N3450-RAM-6GB-DDR3L-128GB-eMMC/32822959795.html

What you want is this, but not made by VOYO, Chris hates them because they are all bendy plastic and cheap.. but it still lacks type C usb and ac wifi

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/VOYO-VBOOK-V3-Pro-Apollo-Lake-N3450-Quad-Core-1-1-2-2GHz-Win10-13-3/32827402100.html

Ian
    Participant

This is 737S model, not 737A.

sportnok
    Participant

Well spotted(but it has N3450 not Z8300 like old version). But…. when you look at their website it shows the 737A and says ‘ROM: eMMC 32GB-128GB optional’. Its probably anyone’s guess what turns up…

http://www.szyepo.com/en/pd.jsp?id=351

sportnok
    Participant

Asked a couple of questions on the Aliexpress store about the 3 Plus:

Does this have a type C USB? Will it provide power/data and video??

Me
    17/08/28

Hello, Is this an IPS screen, it doesn’t mention it anywhere?

Me
    17/08/28

Jumper Official Store
    17/08/28

Dear friend,
    It is not IPS screen and no type C USB.
    Best regards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 174 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar