Ezbook 3 Plus buy now or wait?

Ezbook 3 Plus buy now or wait?

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Ezbook 3 Plus buy now or wait?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 174 total)
  • Author
    Roberto
    Participant

Ok, I’ve done some research and on Banggood they explicitly state IPS as panel type: https://www.banggood.com/en/Jumper-EZbook-3-Plus-14-Inch-laptop-Windows-10-Intel-Core-M3-7Y30-8G-RAM-128G-SSD-Metal-Case-p-1184767.html

On Aliexpress they even specify the screen as OLED, which is certainly not true: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Jumper-EZbook-3-Plus-14-laptop-Intel-Core-M-7Y30-802-11-AC-Wifi-8G-DDR3L/32824214929.html

Aliexpress highlight the 28th as stock date for this device, so maybe Sx C’s Ezbook 3 Plus was one of the earliest and they changed something afterwards? To be honest, I’m waiting for Chris’ review and if I’m not 100% satisfied I’ll send it back. The refunding with Gearbest is not the fastest but was reliable in the past for me.

Kalle
    Participant

Ok, I’ve done some research and on Banggood they explicitly state IPS as panel type: https://www.banggood.com/en/Jumper-EZbook-3-Plus-14-Inch-laptop-Windows-10-Intel-Core-M3-7Y30-8G-RAM-128G-SSD-Metal-Case-p-1184767.html On Aliexpress they even specify the screen as OLED, which is certainly not true: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Jumper-EZbook-3-Plus-14-laptop-Intel-Core-M-7Y30-802-11-AC-Wifi-8G-DDR3L/32824214929.html Aliexpress highlight the 28th as stock date for this device, so maybe Sx C’s Ezbook 3 Plus was one of the earliest and they changed something afterwards? To be honest, I’m waiting for Chris’ review and if I’m not 100% satisfied I’ll send it back. The refunding with Gearbest is not the fastest but was reliable in the past for me.

Yep, and don’t forget the qa section on GB where the customer support said it was glossy IPS.(Although their customer support is like talking to a dead cat most of the times. 😉 )

Roberto
    Participant

Yes, they most often do’nt have the slightest idea what they are talking about. It just makes no sense to why they would spoil this device with such a panel. Would be great to get a second opinion from another member who already received his Ezbook 3 Plus.

Ben Clifford
    Participant

I would also like to hear from someone else that has this unit. I thought it was faulty at first, but after looking closer at the gearbest page it only claims to be 16:9, 1080 and FHD which it certainly is.

The refunding with Gearbest is not the fastest but was reliable in the past for me.

By not the fastest, how long did it take? When I complained about Windows 10 not activating they got back to me in a day, but for this problem it has been five days and nothing. I even sent them a video showing the problem. They sent me a link to the warranty when I sent a ticket about the windows activation issue, and there was nothing there about being able to return the product because you don’t want it for some reason. I hope your right, because I would like my money back for sure.

Ben Clifford
    Participant

how to calibrate the screen and make it less blue?

I calibrated it with a Spyder Express 4.

Roberto
    Participant

Hey Ben Clifford,

maybe you should open a new ticket with the clear statement that you want to return your device. They then probably try to give you a small refund, which you can decline. They send you the RMA document afterwards, which you attach to your package. You can then send the package on your own cost back to China. However, if you have initally payed with Paypal, you can use their offer where they reimburse you the shipping cost. You have to attach the receipt of your post office on how much it was and they’ll reimburse up to 50€ I beliebe. Has been working fine for me like 2 or 3 times already. Still, you have to be patient: it almost took like 4 weeks until they received my package and I got my money back on my PayPal account.

Oh, and btw: You wouldn’t even have to justify yourself why you want to return the device. Their 30 days money-back-guarantee ist basically enought, since your are not satisfied with the product currently.

Sx C
    Participant

apologies for not updating earlier, got so disappointed i just went to sleep it off.

can confirm everything ben has said. panel is indeed a TN (57hz refresh) and even that not a particular good one. name even has 1024×768 in it and manufacturer date is week 0 year 2002!!! probably never bother to update that but i guess its not too far off. Is there any way of checking the real resolution?

overall it is usable after some calibration but if you are used to oled and ips it will always look like a dog’s dinner

in addition the top two speakers are not working and the screen wobble is worse compared to the ezbook 3 pro.

windows not activated by resolved itself the next morning, ssd is forsee brand which i couldnt even be bothered to benchmark.

quick benchmark test on geekbench and the cpu and compute performance checks out.

battery life also appears to be quite poor, estimated 6.5 hours even when just having a single tab watching youtube. will clean install windows to see if it improves. windows build is also quite old(14393.479) which i believe is at least a year old.

honestly i am very disappointed, jumper is officially dead to me, now i feel like a idiot for recommending the ezbook 3 pro to my friends of which 2-3 of them actually bought one.

i was even planning to change a couple of my cousin’s notebook to ezbook 3 pro but that is not going to happen now without saying. at least i prevented 2 of my friends from buying the plus so there’s that.

i could probably get my money back but i guess i will keep it as a reminder to not trust and buy from the chinese manufacturers anymore. They have gradually gone upmarket anyway and paying 2-300 more locally that comes with 3-5 years of warranty makes more sense and IMO is ‘cheaper’ in the bigger picture.

Kalle
    Participant

apologies for not updating earlier, got so disappointed i just went to sleep it off. can confirm everything ben has said. panel is indeed a TN (57hz refresh) and even that not a particular good one. name even has 1024×768 in it and manufacturer date is week 0 year 2002!!! probably never bother to update that but i guess its not too far off. Is there any way of checking the real resolution? overall it is usable after some calibration but if you are used to oled and ips it will always look like a dog’s dinner in addition the top two speakers are not working and the screen wobble is worse compared to the ezbook 3 pro. windows not activated by resolved itself the next morning, ssd is forsee brand which i couldnt even be bothered to benchmark. quick benchmark test on geekbench and the cpu and compute performance checks out. battery life also appears to be quite poor, estimated 6.5 hours even when just having a single tab watching youtube. will clean install windows to see if it improves. honestly i am very disappointed, jumper is officially dead to me, now i feel like a idiot for recommending the ezbook 3 pro to my friends of which 2-3 of them actually bought one. i was even planning to change a couple of my cousin’s notebook to ezbook 3 pro but that is not going to happen now without saying. at least i prevented 2 of my friends from buying the plus so there’s that. i could probably get my money back but i guess i will keep it as a reminder to not trust and buy from the chinese manufacturers anymore. They have gradually gone upmarket anyway and paying 2-300 more locally that comes with 3-5 years of warranty makes more sense and IMO is ‘cheaper’ in the bigger picture.

To bad, will definitely never buy Jumper again that’s for sure. Will have to make a return to GB, problem is that I really needed the laptop now and I have already waited to long. Now I have to wait for it to arrive, send it back, get my money back, order the Cube thinker and wait another month… 🙁

Roberto
    Participant

Wow, that’s so disappointing. I really wish we had more customers who could confirm this issue. This is against any common sense to use such shabby displays…. And what is it with this low Hz displays trend now? Are they insane? 😀

Oh man, I SO hope this is a first batch issue or sth like this….

Roberto
    Participant

This is especially annoying since they delayed the release of the Ezbook 3 Plus by like two additional weeks and weren’t able to supply enough units to all the exporters. It seems like they didn’t learn from their previous mistakes.

I’m really anxious to receive mine now, but I’m already looking for some alternative like the Chuwi Lapbook Air just in case it’s a bad screen. Unfortunately, the next semester starts in around a month and I need  a passabe laptop until then. I guess the Lapbook Air won’t be release until like mid october and I can’t wait much longer.

Sx C
    Participant

disappointment is a understatement, and jumper was doing so well too, i actually thought they will emerge as one of the leaders among the pack along with maybe cube.

This is actually the first tablet/notebook i’ve bought before any reviews came out as i have faith in jumper and surely they must have learned their lessons with the first ezbook 3.

also, the charger is only 12v 2a!!! ezbook 3 pro is 12v 3a. probably wont see a difference in charging time unless you are gaming but this alone shows just how much jumper is skimping on this product.

Roberto
    Participant

They’ll certainly learn the hard way with return rates of like 80% is this not a first batch issue….

The Chinese economy is highly dependent on Western customers and their doing their best to stop them from buying again it seems.

Sx C
    Participant

nah i really doubt they care for the returns at all, if anything the resellers will probably be the one taking the damage for their reputations is more important which is the reason why i didnt want to escalate it with paypal.

Pretty obvious by now that jumper dont really care for their reputation as they could just get a new name and start all over since all the notebooks are OEM anyway.

what we need is a PSA by chris to warn against any purchases until all the specs has been finalised not just against jumper but for all the manufacturers. the faking of the bezels for one is something i tolerate in the beginning but the manufacturers are clearly taking it for granted

Roberto
    Participant

True, I guess it’ll hurt Gearbest and the other exporters the most. No need for PayPal escalation most often, GB are pretty flexible if you don’t insult them and follow their policy.

Ben Clifford
    Participant

Thanks Roberto for the return advice, you’ve been very helpful. And thanks also to Sx C for confirming my issues.

Shame about this laptop, hopefully the next one will be better….

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 174 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password