Ezbook 3 Plus buy now or wait?

Ezbook 3 Plus buy now or wait?

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Ezbook 3 Plus buy now or wait?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 174 total)
  • Author
    Roberto
    Participant

Sorry, but there is now way the Ezbook 3 Plus will not feature an IPS display, especially it’s the premium line up for Jumper now. If it really isn’t IPS, it might be IGZO or something better. However, this can’t be a TN panel. The Gearbest customer support also confirmed the IPS screen.

joe321
    Participant

sportnok
    Participant

Does seem more than a bit strange that it wouldn’t come with an IPS screen, but that is what they said. A couple of months ago it was supposed to have a type c usb, but that’s gone, again, a strange thing to miss.

Sx C
    Participant

Just received my ezbook plus today, kinda fast and i didnt ordered it during the preorder phase so i really hope they didnt sent the ezbook 3 pro by mistake.

If chris hasnt received his by this weekend i will post some initial impression and specs, has a ezbook 3 pro(rev 1 or 2) as well so the comparison would be really interesting.

sportnok
    Participant

So, big question, does it have an IPS screen?

Ian
    Participant

It would be great to see first reviews in next couple of days, there is a sale on aliexpress right now – $446 is a good price if specs are right and quality is ok.

Kalle
    Participant

All the product pages says it’s ips. :S Mine should arrive any day now!

Ben Clifford
    Participant

I received my 3 Plus a few days ago and I am very disappointed in the screen. It isn’t glossy (no problem really), but I can’t see how it is possibly IPS because the view angles are awful.  There is no angle where the screen is consistently one shade. When you tilt the screen forward, it gets washed out even on a shallow angle. It looks like a photoshop gradient on a dark background. It’s more bearable on a white background. Perhaps I’ve been spoiled, but I haven’t seen a screen this cheap in a long time. I was thinking that it may be the antiglare filter, but I doubt it.

The screen also looks blue out of the box, but it got a bit better after I calibrated it. It’s only 60% srgb, which is bad. The colours are definitely muted so it isn’t just a benchmark.

It also wouldn’t activate windows, but that was fixed after I complained to gearbest (not sure if they did anything).  I tried to DOA it with gearbest because they were wrong about the screen specs and it is clearly not what was advertised, but they have ghosted me so far on that one, so I fear I will be stuck with it.

Otherwise, the laptop is very snappy and I am surprised by how powerful the chip is. The keyboard and touchpad are really good as well. Nice build quality overall and it doesn’t feel at all heavy for a 14″. But you don’t look at the cpu all day. My advice is to give this a miss until Jumper explain what went wrong, if that’s the sort of thing they do.

Kalle
    Participant

I received my 3 Plus a few days ago…

Damn that’s so disappointing especially at this pricepoint, it should really be an ips. According to your description it sounds like it’s worse then the pro models which seems very weird as they are half the price of this… 🙁 I don’t care about the colors that much but good viewing angels is a must for me. Good news about the touchpad and keyboard though.

——

I made my order on 22 August and since then all the tracking info on Gearbest says:

2017-08-23 18:40:00 Customer data received Southall

I don’t know what this means. The shipping number I got is untrackable though the website they link to. Can I still cancel the order? What is Southall?

Bos
    Participant

The screen also looks blue out of the box, but it got a bit better after I calibrated it..

how to calibrate the screen and make it less blue? like here?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax89fwjMCVk

or with Intel HD graphics settings?

Roberto
    Participant

Oh man, I really hope that this is an exception, maybe a faulty screen? That sounds worse than the EzBook 3 Pro, but it really should be at least a panel of similar quality. I really hope it’s an IPS. Can you maybe use Aida64 and get the exact model number of the screen and the manufacturer?

Sx C
    Participant

damn i really hate how the chinese manufaturers always tries to pull a fast one whenever they have some traction with successive good products. now i know why people are receiving their ezbook 3 plus before chris does…

anyway i am at home now and will be opening my ezbook 3 plus soon and i am not not really looking forward to it, looking at the screen size it must have been recycled from all the unsold ezbook 3.

Kalle
    Participant

damn i really hate how the chinese manufaturers always tries to pull a fast one whenever they have some traction with successive good products. now i know why people are receiving their ezbook 3 plus before chris does… anyway i am at home now and will be opening my ezbook 3 plus soon and i am not not really looking forward to it, looking at the screen size it must have been recycled from all the unsold ezbook 3.

Yeah all I wanted was a pro model but with better cpu and more ram I would have been happy. 🙁 (not) looking forward to your review.

Roberto
    Participant

Yes, please keep us updated!

Sx C
    Participant

yeah and i was really looking forward to it too, if it was 13.3 there might still be a possibility that i can transplant the ips from my ezbook 3 pro and still get one proper ultrabook out of it.

nevertheless this will be the last jumper product i buy if its really a TN panel, already bought 3 jumper notebook this year. actually, i will check if it has the same part number as the ezbook 3 which i gave to my cousin LOL.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 174 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password