Cube i7 stylus first impression

Cube i7 stylus first impression

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums i7 Core M / i7 Stylus Discussion Cube i7 stylus first impression

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 384 total)
  • Author
    mrobi
    Participant

Looks like the tablet for all my needs, since pen works with OneNote. Does this have Windows 8 activation key in bios like every other OEM Windows 8 device or is it limited to China etc somehow? At worst case I could use a key from MSDN subscription. Kind of biggest problem is that I can probably forget any warranty stuff, Finnish post has banned everything with lithium ion batteries and only way to get anything shipped out of country is DHL/UPS which chinese sellers apparently have troubles with. And which will probably cost more than device is worth of.

Dell Venue 11 Pro Core-M versions here cost whopping 1250eur (from only store I found selling them). Used items outside EU are also subject to tax/customs so they are not great options either.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Attached is my SSD and MicroSD card benchmark. Here is my stylus, USB 3 port and scrolling test:

Cube i7 ssd speeds and microsd card slot

Btw: Does anyone have the official keyboard? If so, does it have a hole for the stylus and is there a usb port or two on the dock? It’s not clear to me if it does. Seems some sellers are using images of the i7 dock.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Chris thanks for the video. Very helpful.

dantez
    Participant

Chris: the link is here including photos http://bbs.51cube.com/thread-102113-1-1.html
    user replaced with transcend m2, shorter one.

The original is a foresee m2 64 drive

Chris G
    Keymaster

Chris: the link is here including photos http://bbs.51cube.com/thread-102113-1-1.html
    user replaced with transcend m2, shorter one.

The original is a foresee m2 64 drive

Thanks, but it doesn’t load the images for me and is super slow 🙁 My ISP has issues with some Chinese sites. Can you copy and upload the images somewhere?

Warning to all, Don’t factory reset it! You could be stuck in Windows with Chinese. Make a Windows system image backup first before messing around with it. My Windows wouldn’t activate, so I though okay, factory reset it.. Bad Stuck in Chinese Windows and no way to install English, waiting on Cube now to give me a working key or image. Will have to restore my image.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:

dantez
    Participant

Hi Chris, I am attaching photos now.
    Warning: please open your devices at your own risk…. roughly the translation is that you use a shive, or guitar pick to open the open right then left with moderate amount of force. there are metal pins along the speaker which might break easily.

Most chinese users report that keyboard wont ship to them until 18th of July.
    So I am not sure you will get photos of a keyboard slot for the stylus just yet.

Maybe this question should be placed in the general buying forum, but g–kbu-ing– is having a sale at the moment, but with 20 short reviews with worse grammar than me all posted on the same day… Call me a skeptic.

Finally, i think drive imaging for restoring is essential. Chinese users have reported factory resets not installing a full set of proper drivers, ie missing or incomplete graphics drivers.
    Also some advance users have tried to modify/hack wacom support using “wacom feel it” packs often rendering the stylus nonfunctional despite uninstalling/drive roll back. So drive imaging seems like the safest course. All this is fairly common in cheaper chinese tablets.

dantez
    Participant

Im having some problems uploading images to the forum, file size seem ok…

Federico Maggiore
    Participant

I’m disappointed.

@mrobi
    i think that a used MS SP3 or S3 would be a better choice.

dantez
    Participant

I’m listing a few cons I’ve read and am in no way negging the product.
    I think for what it is at the price point is pretty amazing, if the build quality and quality control is there I would buy one.
    I would use the stylus and it is a feature that the surface line have capitalized on.
    My ideal version is a ipad air like device with stylus support and fanless windows solution, high resolution hdmi out into a 27 inch, usb 3 and tf.
    3g-4g connectivity at this point would probably bleed battery life.
    This device comes pretty darn close, and the existence will push the big brands to innovate a bit more or at least drop their prices…

Chris G
    Keymaster

My second i7 arrived today (For resale) and the screen was stuck together, it was from Banggood. I fixed it by the way and will post a video on how to do this, it’s from the transit pressure on the box and screen.

This unit has Windows 8.1 Bing activated and my other i7 Cube gave me a new Bing key to use which should work I’m told. Will see about that later.

Btw the keyboard is out of stock I’m told, mine will come hopefully next week, interested to see if it has a place for the-the stylus and USB 2.0 ports.
    For the price this is a great tablet so far for me, a few minor issues, as always I hold my full opinion until my review. Need more time to find out all the bugs, but it performs well.

@dantez
    Can you please use a service like imagebam.com for the images?

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Chris G
    Keymaster

Oh and anyone else have their touch screen falling alseep? I guess I need to tweak the setting to not sleep.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

dantez
    Participant
    dantez
    Participant

@Chris, several of the core m tablets have connection standby issues. Seems the 64bit drivers and core m dont play nice yet.
    Not sure if that could be causing the touch screen sleeping issue.

Ian
    Participant

I have the stylus from my Wacom Intuos Pen and Touch Small Tablet, but it doesn’t work with this tablet. Can anyone confirm if it should or not?

Thanks

Sean Ambers
    Participant

Hi peoples!
    My first post here 🙂

This looks like the tablet for me, I have been waiting for Core M tablets and Cube seems to deliver.

I am unexperienced with Chinese tablets, can they be charged over usb/microusb or is it only via the dc jack?
    I don’t want to be dragging a powerbrick and cable with me everywhere..

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 384 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar