Cube i7 stylus first impression

Cube i7 stylus first impression

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums i7 Core M / i7 Stylus Discussion Cube i7 stylus first impression

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 384 total)
  • Author
    Viktor
    Participant

“My package” has been delivered to someone else in a different city, i sent geekbuying.com a mail to get the correct tracking number and their answer is:

We are glad to inform you that your parcel has been sent out.
    You can track it on the website:http://www.cn.dhl.com/en.html
    we are glad to tell you that your package has reached your country
    When you receive the package ,please inform us ,thanks again.

They send me the same tracking number and are glad to tell me the package has reached my country?
    Avoid geekbuying.com

Chris G
    Keymaster

Oh man, that’s not cool. Geekbuying just sent you a cut and paste reply. Fingers crossed for you that it’s on the way. Normally I get an sms from DHL when it out for delivery and the duty and taxes I have to pay.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Chris G
    Keymaster

Hi peoples!
    My first post here :)

This looks like the tablet for me, I have been waiting for Core M tablets and Cube seems to deliver.

I am unexperienced with Chinese tablets, can they be charged over usb/microusb or is it only via the dc jack?
    I don’t want to be dragging a powerbrick and cable with me everywhere..

Hi, Welcome to the site. To answer your question, it charges only via DC. . Which is much faster than via USB, well you wouldn’t be able to charge a more powerful Core M via USB anyway (unless powered off). It exceededs the power limits of USB 2 input.

—————-

@dantez
    Thanks for the images, I wish my ISP Vodafone would play ball and let me load every Chinese site. I will have a look at upgrading to a 256GB M2 2244 like a Plextor or Crucial SSD drive if this is a keeper. The keyboard I’m told to by my seller is not ready until next week. I will have it shipped via DHL to get it in time for my review process and photos etc. They didn’t answer me if it has a stylus slot or usb ports.

The sleep issue of the touch screen is a minor thing for me, but I would like to address it. I think it’s a matter of not enabling it to sleep so quickly or disable it all together which may have an impact on the battery life. So far I must say I’m impressed, I had 10 times more issues with my Venue 11 Pro Core M then this tablet, so that says something. No tablet is perfect. But for the price this is good deal and tablet so far…

Chinese site always post fake reviews and the resellers are well known for it. Never trust those reviews, they seem converted from Chinese to English on GBuying? Very dodgy if you ask me. They might have taken the paid reviews on the Chinese user forum, translated them and reposted it as their own.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:

mrobi
    Participant

Are the drivers available anywhere? If I get this I would probably wipe the disk anyways and reinstall Windows from scratch, I got medias and licenses available.

Samuel
    Participant

@Ian: This should help you out with cross-compatability of any stylii. http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/tabletpc-compatible-wacom-pens-surface-pro-pro2-only.55416/

@mrobi
    : If you haven’t come aross anything yet, I saw these some days ago; it seems they are sourced, but I haven’t investigated them personally. http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-8-rt/general/cube-i7-stylus-t3151563

@Viktor
    : That response from them is, in my opinion altogether condescending. Personally, I had already been put off that much more with “GB” due to something relating directly to Ian’s, and Shiny’s special “ninja”-software discovery in regards to both of their Windows Pro installations. (So, I guess that’s my backhanded-confirmation for anyone considering a GB.com purchase of this device, that there seems to be some trend taking place; at least with early-adopters)

I know there’s been a section made for company-reviews so I’ve been holding off on mentioning anything about it here until the matter is resolved. I’d like to be using it right now, but in the meantime, my tablet has been sadly-placed back in it’s packaging, and awaits whatever that resolution may be.

I don’t have regrets of the tablet itself, other than the misleading-marketing push, as dantez points out with the mass of Wacom-related complaints, yet I do get the feeling that Cube is attempting to chip-away at the so-called stereotype for mid>high-level, Chinese branded devices/etc., but they will still need appropriate time to make this happen, and quality product-releases to get there; and the more I learn from here, the more I dig their style right now; unfortunately, on the other end of that, their reputation, and others are going to be lumped in somewhat-ignorantly (just human-nature?) with the less-than-stellar resellers they are aligned with, either directly, or indirectly. At least so from an international-perspective, so if I had to do it over again? I expect that the next-iteration of the i7-stylus that interests me will be purchased directly from Cube, even if that comes at a slight-premium, because DEPENDABLE customer service is that important. I really do hope you are able to sort this out though, Viktor. I would take it directly to the shipper, in lieu of waiting on GB to MAYBE respond back every 2-4 days, while also asking you the same question you already laid out to them in your initial-message, rinse that one off—then repeat it again…>.>;

Would anyone mind installing a trial of Manga Studio 5, and let me know if it launches successfully for you?

Viktor
    Participant

@Samuel
    You are right, they are just fooling around, i guess i have to open a paypal case to get my money back.

Hi dear ,

please contact DHL to transit to you as soon as possible,.thank you
    May you receive it soon .If you have any question, please feel free to contact us.

Have a nice day!
    Sincere regards,
    Dora

Samuel
    Participant

Best case scenario: Refund/resolution is issued with minimal-ease—AND your tablet is inexplicably-delivered near the end of that same day, with no one being the wiser. ^^

Chris G
    Keymaster

Are the drivers available anywhere? If I get this I would probably wipe the disk anyways and reinstall Windows from scratch, I got medias and licenses available.

I made a drivers dump, with doubledriver. I’ll upload it soon, and it works just fine. I tested it on a fresh 8.1 pro install.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Craig
    Participant

Geekbuying are jokers. I’ve had an email telling me mine can’t yet be sent as they’re out of stock and they’re wanting me to consider an alternative. Erm, no, I want the Cube i7 stylus. I’ve emailed them asking to cancel my order and refund my PayPal. We’ll see how long this takes, and hopefully I won’t need to open a dispute case. Looking at the reviews for Geekbuying, it seems they have a bad reputation – wish I’d have done some research first. And that cracked windows 8 pro sounds like a really bad stunt to pull.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Geekbuying are jokers. I’ve had an email telling me mine can’t yet be sent as they’re out of stock and they’re wanting me to consider an alternative. Erm, no, I want the Cube i7 stylus. I’ve emailed them asking to cancel my order and refund my PayPal. We’ll see how long this takes, and hopefully I won’t need to open a dispute case. Looking at the reviews for Geekbuying, it seems they have a bad reputation – wish I’d have done some research first. And that cracked windows 8 pro sounds like a really bad stunt to pull.

Yes, my Cube i7 Stylus is from Geekbuying, and it had Windows 8.1 Pro cracked too. Luckily, i used a legal Windows 8.1 Pro serial i had and problem solved. I suspect that they probably adquired the tablets from JD.com or similar shop (all with Windows Single Language) without taking into account the language problem, having the bad idea to do that thing to resolve the problem with international buyers.

Federico Maggiore
    Participant

Really not cool.
    So we should add at the total cost more or less 15/20$ for w8.1 key.
    I m disappointed from GB. I thought it was One of the best resellers. I was wrong.

Chris G
    Keymaster

The Cube store told me, they first came out with Windows 8.1 Pro Chinese only version. And they will be selling a multi-language version now, so I assume it’s 8.1 Bing and one that will have English/Chinese install setup and support language packs. I got a Bing key from them and activated mine so it’s all fine now for the Win 10 upgrade. What Geekbuying are doing using cracked keys is not good at all. GearBest now have the i7 Stylus listed at $359, I wonder if they are doing the same and using a crack on Windows or Banggood for the matter?

What are people getting on the battery? I’m looking at around 4 hours and 20 mins aprox using Chrome. Less than the i7, but this has a 9000mAH battery and the i7 has a 10000mah one.

So far i’m impressed with how it performs, it’s very quick and feels like my desktop in Chrome and general Windows use. It gets mighty hot on the upper left-hand side when gaming, but seems to dissipate the heat better I feel with that metal cover, which is why it gets to around 42 degrees to the touch. It holds the 2.0Ghz turbo boost much longer than my Pipo W8 did.

I hope my keyboard ships on Monday, they should have stock then I’m told. Be interesting to see if it has a slot of for the stylus and one or two full USB ports.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

mrobi
    Participant

Urgh, I had made order in Geekbuying also. It was 395 euros with stylus and keyboard. Confirmation email took one day to come and says, that processing will take 2-7 days.

Federico Maggiore
    Participant
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Really amazing the performance of this tablet… On 3D Mark Ice Storm benchmark it scores 39897 points (http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/7778597), and 4029 on 3D Mark Cloud Gate (http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/7778803), not too far from Surface Pro 3 with i5 4300U. I just uploaded some gaming videos with this tablet to YouTube:

Ultra Street Fighter IV on Cube i7 Stylus

Gauntlet 2014 on Cube i7 Stylus

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 384 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password