EZbook 3 Pro – How to unlock the BIOS

EZbook 3 Pro – How to unlock the BIOS

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series EZbook 3 Pro – How to unlock the BIOS

This topic contains 499 replies, has 104 voices, and was last updated by  Andrej 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 500 total)
  • Author

ronisize
    Participant

Bernard’s BIOS is the same as mine. To fully unlock the TDP limit you have to make the RWeverything procedure at the first post.

Thanks! already flashed your modded bios! THX! I’ve set the CPU Power Limit in Bios to 15W. HWinfo says it worked. Also after some parallel 4K video playbacks,… the cpu seemed to consume about 14,679W max. Note: i did chris’ thermal fix (removed thermal pad and used copper plate and arctic silver)

Tomorrow I’ll try the RW hack.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Zarken
    Participant

is it working in ezbook 3L pro? thanks

Ernst Kuzorra
    Participant

I would at least be careful about other ezbook versions, but if you’re skilled and/or brave, why not give it a try 😉

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernst_Kuzorra

Zarken
    Participant

I would at least be careful about other ezbook versions, but if you’re skilled and/or brave, why not give it a try ?

but the BIOS in this version is totally different nomenclature digits

bios version: S133AR100 0.00
    date: 11/11/2017

(attached image for more info)

if I flash v6 BIOS (ezbook 3 pro normal version), I could brick my device? thanks

Attachments:

Thomas Z.
    Participant

Why you want to flash this BIOS? In your BIOS there is the advanced and chipset – so its unlocked. 🙂

Zarken
    Participant

Why you want to flash this BIOS? In your BIOS there is the advanced and chipset – so its unlocked. ?

it isn’t, it has the chipset setting but the one that change TDP are not visible (I think is simply deleted by developers) 🙁

it’s strange BIOS

edit: not have power limit option

Attachments:

Giovanni
    Participant

Hi, could somebody post a photo of the Main tab of the V6 BIOS? Thanks

EZbook 3 Pro BIOS modder - find my work here
    If you want to tag me, my username is thegiolly

Zarken
    Participant

the checksum give me this error when I was going to flash in 3L pro version:

4 – Error: ROM file ROMID is not compatible with existing BIOS ROMID.

What means this?

Attachments:

Giovanni
    Participant

the checksum give me this error when I was going to flash in 3L pro version: 4 – Error: ROM file ROMID is not compatible with existing BIOS ROMID. What means this?

Because it’s to protect you from doing stupid things, such as flashing a BIOS that’s not for your PC

Zarken
    Participant

the checksum give me this error when I was going to flash in 3L pro version: 4 – Error: ROM file ROMID is not compatible with existing BIOS ROMID. What means this?

Because it’s to protect you from doing stupid things, such as flashing a BIOS that’s not for your PC

ok, but it isn’t necessary that you leave me like an idiot for asking things that other users do with different models (yepo) and it works for them in their cases…

thanks mr. Perfect.

Ernst Kuzorra
    Participant

Relax Zarken,

for the yepo it was also not clear if this would be a good idea, but if it’s really just a identical, rebranded Ezbook3Pro, it seems to a way to go….

For your 3L Pro, it might be a very similar device, but the screen/panel is different and it might also have a different touchpad and who-know-what.
    So if there are differences in the BIOS (as the checksum error inplies), this tutorial will probably not be 1-on-1 applicable for you. If you find a way to use/modify the steps mentioned on page one, the community will certainly be interested….

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernst_Kuzorra

Giovanni
    Participant

ok, but it isn’t necessary that you leave me like an idiot for asking things that other users do with different models (yepo) and it works for them in their cases… thanks mr. Perfect.

It’s not safe to flash a BIOS of a different machine in every circumstance.
    They tried to flash the EZbook BIOS on a Yepo and they succeded, but I never recommended them to do so because they could easily brick the PC.
    As @kuzorra told, you need to be carefoul with this kind of things.

ronisize
    Participant

Hi, could somebody post a photo of the Main tab of the V6 BIOS? Thanks

here you go!

Attachments:

Zarken
    Participant

well, with an updated version of afuwin (5.09xxxx the OP version is 5.08xxxx), the program allows me to flash v6 on my 3L…… I don’t know if I should to press the button

the bets are open

brick or not brick?

Attachments:

Giovanni
    Participant

Thanks but I was looking for the Main tab. It’s present if you have a locked BIOS 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 500 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password