EZbook 3 Pro – How to unlock the BIOS

EZbook 3 Pro – How to unlock the BIOS

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series EZbook 3 Pro – How to unlock the BIOS

This topic contains 499 replies, has 104 voices, and was last updated by  Andrej 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 500 total)
  • Author

Ferelen
    Participant

Yep, definitely locked. I have 3 laptops with v4.5 bios and I think is the worst one from all. The CPU Power management is not locked, but it’s missing Power Limit option. I extracted Setup and AMITSE from this laptop and compared it with V5 and V6 bioses. CPU power limit lines are not in v4.5 at all..  I replaced v4.5 Menu and AMITSE with V5 unlocked datasets. Laptop worked fine after flashing this bios, even Power limit options were visible, but settings were restored to default after every laptop restart (couldn’t save and hold the changed parameters). Then I wanted to try something funny and flashed V6 bios over V4.5 bios. Now I have paper weight instead of my laptop:) So if anyone out there is still tempted to flash newer bios over the old one, please don’t do it ! It won’t work ! 🙂 Still have two laptops with 4.5 bioses I would like to flash/unlock, but I’m done experimenting for the time being:P

Giovanni
    Participant

Yep, definitely locked. I have 3 laptops with v4.5 bios and I think is the worst one from all. The CPU Power management is not locked, but it’s missing Power Limit option. I extracted Setup and AMITSE from this laptop and compared it with V5 and V6 bioses. CPU power limit lines are not in v4.5 at all.. I replaced v4.5 Menu and AMITSE with V5 unlocked datasets. Laptop worked fine after flashing this bios, even Power limit options were visible, but settings were restored to default after every laptop restart (couldn’t save and hold the changed parameters). Then I wanted to try something funny and flashed V6 bios over V4.5 bios. Now I have paper weight instead of my laptop:) So if anyone out there is still tempted to flash newer bios over the old one, please don’t do it ! It won’t work ! ? Still have two laptops with 4.5 bioses I would like to flash/unlock, but I’m done experimenting for the time being:P

You could just use an external programmer to flash the BIOS directly to the flash chip

EZbook 3 Pro BIOS modder - find my work here
    If you want to tag me, my username is thegiolly

Thomas
    Participant

Thanks

Ferelen
    Participant

BIOS V4.5 is locked

If you have all the menus we call it unlocked. You don’t have the power limit option so it’s meh, not fully unlocked.. I’ll give a look at that EDIT: sorry but with this version I cannot unlock that option because it’s not present in the BIOS (not even hidden). I could try to add it but I’m pretty sure it is going to brick the PC because it’s not a good modification :/

yep, looks like this bios is “unlockable”. Like I said, the worst one from them all 🙁

Ferelen
    Participant

You could just use an external programmer to flash the BIOS directoly to the flash chip

thanks, but not very experienced with these things. Can you please point me to some page about this ?

Giovanni
    Participant

You could just use an external programmer to flash the BIOS directoly to the flash chip

thanks, but not very experienced with these things. Can you please point me to some page about this ?

You need a programmer, like the CH341A (ebay) and then you need to solder some wires to te MB of the laptop.
    If you are not experienced just take the laptop to a good computer repair and give them the original BIOS to flash.
    I could also do it (for free) but it depends form where you live since the shipping costs could be too high

Ferelen
    Participant

Giovanni wrote:
    You need a programmer, like the CH341A (ebay) and then you need to solder some wires to te MB of the laptop. If you are not experienced just take the laptop to a good computer repair and give them the original BIOS to flash. I could also do it (for free) but it depends form where you live since the shipping costs could be too high

I’m from UK. Where are you from Giovanni? Not sure about postage, but to EU should be max £15 there and £15 back. Not sure how much would be in the repair shops. I don’t mind to send it to you, if you of course that kind and will flash it for me. 🙂

Giovanni
    Participant

Giovanni wrote: You could just use an external programmer to flash the BIOS directoly to the flash chip thanks, but not very experienced with these things. Can you please point me to some page about this ? You need a programmer, like the CH341A (ebay) and then you need to solder some wires to te MB of the laptop. If you are not experienced just take the laptop to a good computer repair and give them the original BIOS to flash. I could also do it (for free) but it depends form where you live since the shipping costs could be too high

I’m from UK. Where are you from Giovanni? Not sure about postage, but to EU should be max £15 there and £15 back. Not sure how much would be in the repair shops. I don’t mind to send it to you, if you of course that kind and will flash it for me. ?

I’m from Italy. But first of all I would need to know which chip does your board have to see if I have a compatible programmer.
    Could you open the back lid, remove the heatsink and post a photo of the board?

Ferelen
    Participant

Giovanni wrote: You could just use an external programmer to flash the BIOS directoly to the flash chip thanks, but not very experienced with these things. Can you please point me to some page about this ? You need a programmer, like the CH341A (ebay) and then you need to solder some wires to te MB of the laptop. If you are not experienced just take the laptop to a good computer repair and give them the original BIOS to flash. I could also do it (for free) but it depends form where you live since the shipping costs could be too high

I’m from UK. Where are you from Giovanni? Not sure about postage, but to EU should be max £15 there and £15 back. Not sure how much would be in the repair shops. I don’t mind to send it to you, if you of course that kind and will flash it for me. ?

I’m from Italy. But first of all I would need to know which chip does your board have to see if I have a compatible programmer. Could you open the back lid, remove the heatsink and post a photo of the board?

Thanks Giovanni. Here is the MB:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Ernst Kuzorra
    Participant

Hi there folks,
    one question regarding the different BIOSes:

Is there a notable difference in how they handle SSDs?
    My v5 (manually unlocked) keeps forgetting the SSD from time to time, so boot order is reset – it troubles me almost on a daily basis.

I also have another Ezbook 3 Pro here that just arrived – v6, still locked – which I bought for my aunt. If v6 is really much better (i.e. more stable with SSD), I could switch….but I don’t want to do it just to find out that it’s not doing better at all.

Any help appreciated!

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernst_Kuzorra

Cardoso
    Participant

Hi there folks, one question regarding the different BIOSes: Is there a notable difference in how they handle SSDs? My v5 (manually unlocked) keeps forgetting the SSD from time to time, so boot order is reset – it troubles me almost on a daily basis. I also have another Ezbook 3 Pro here that just arrived – v6, still locked – which I bought for my aunt. If v6 is really much better (i.e. more stable with SSD), I could switch….but I don’t want to do it just to find out that it’s not doing better at all. Any help appreciated!

I’m not sure about the difference in performance but have the same problem that you mention. I’m on v6 unlocked. Almost every time I switch on the ezbook the ssd vanishes from bios and it boots the uefi shell. The pattern seems very erratic.

Now I want to go back to original rom to see if this happens

Giovanni
    Participant

I’m from Italy. But first of all I would need to know which chip does your board have to see if I have a compatible programmer. Could you open the back lid, remove the heatsink and post a photo of the board?

Could you tell me the part number of those two chips?

Ferelen
    Participant

Hi Giovanni, please find attached.. thx

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Giovanni
    Participant

Hi Giovanni, please find attached.. thx

Ok, we need to program the 25L864CWIG.
    It’s a strange part number that is equivalent to the 25LB64CWIG that is a 1.8V SPI flash that is equivalent (eheh) to a 25LQ64.
    To programm it I need a silly 1.50€ adapter but I have to buy it from China and a China-Italy shipment takes 1+ month.
    If you can wait I’ll order it. Or if China-UK shipping is faster and you want, you could order it and then ship it to me with the laptop.

Ferelen
    Participant

Ok, we need to program the 25L864CWIG. It’s a strange part number that is equivalent to the 25LB64CWIG that is a 1.8V SPI flash that is equivalent (eheh) to a 25LQ64. To programm it I need a silly 1.50€ adapter but I have to buy it from China and a China-Italy shipment takes 1+ month. If you can wait I’ll order it. Or if China-UK shipping is faster and you want, you could order it and then ship it to me with the laptop.

I will order it for you, no probs. You are doing me a favor anyway. The shipping times vary. From Gearbest it takes about 10 days. From Aliexpress up to 3 weeks. I hoped you would have everything already and you will be able to experiment with that v4.5 bios little bit.. I believe community here would be very grateful to you if you’ll manage to unlock/modify this one as well 🙂 Send me the link and I will order. Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 500 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password