EZbook 3 Pro – How to unlock the BIOS

EZbook 3 Pro – How to unlock the BIOS

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series EZbook 3 Pro – How to unlock the BIOS

This topic contains 499 replies, has 104 voices, and was last updated by  Andrej 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 500 total)
  • Author

Giovanni
    Participant

Ok, we need to program the 25L864CWIG. It’s a strange part number that is equivalent to the 25LB64CWIG that is a 1.8V SPI flash that is equivalent (eheh) to a 25LQ64. To programm it I need a silly 1.50€ adapter but I have to buy it from China and a China-Italy shipment takes 1+ month. If you can wait I’ll order it. Or if China-UK shipping is faster and you want, you could order it and then ship it to me with the laptop.

I will order it for you, no probs. You are doing me a favor anyway. The shipping times vary. From Gearbest it takes about 10 days. From Aliexpress up to 3 weeks. I hoped you would have everything already and you will be able to experiment with that v4.5 bios little bit.. I believe community here would be very grateful to you if you’ll manage to unlock/modify this one as well ? Send me the link and I will order. Thanks.

I sent you a PM with the link since the anti-spam filter on the forum doesn’t let me post here.
    When I’ll have your laptop I’ll play around with the BIOS for sure so if I’ll brick it another time I’ll just reprogramm the flash.
    (I don’t have that adapter because every PC I’ve flashed so far had a 5V or 3.3V chip, never 1.8V)

EZbook 3 Pro BIOS modder - find my work here
    If you want to tag me, my username is thegiolly

Pawel
    Participant

Could someone make a ‘how to’ movie for beginners. I have no experience and I would not want to kill my laptop.

Dimitrios
    Participant

Maestro Giovanni
    May I interest you in something new for this thread?

I have a v6 (bios 5/12/2017) and I run linux on it (manjaro 17.1 xfce). Windows are completely removed and so is the windows efi partition. I created a new one and I boot it to linux with rEFInd.  Sadly I do not have any experience in flashing bioses.

So …..assuming that I download the already unlocked bios you posted. ….. could you please provide me with a step by step guide for flashing (i.e. necessary tools, and files and procedure)?

Lets make a guide for linux users…….!!!!

Greetings form Crete, Greece……… !!!!

Giovanni
    Participant

25LQ64

You don’t need Windows if you just want to flash the unlocked BIOS since you do it from the EFI shell.
    Please read the tutorial 2.5

25LQ64

I don’t have an EZbook so I can’t

Dimitrios
    Participant

Sad…
    so… according to your guide … if i choose the AfuEfix64.efi method, this file is in the tools of the first post right?

Can I put all the files in the usb stick? The modded bios, the original bios and the AfuEfix64.efi? shall I copy only the AfuEfix64.efi file or do I need anything else from the tools?

Giovanni
    Participant

Sad… so… according to your guide … if i choose the AfuEfix64.efi method, this file is in the tools of the first post right? Can I put all the files in the usb stick? The modded bios, the original bios and the AfuEfix64.efi? shall I copy only the AfuEfix64.efi file or do I need anything else from the tools?

Yes, I think you can put “AfuEfix64.efi” and the ROMs on the USB stick

Dimitrios
    Participant

When I give map -r the screen cannot include all the drives ( I have 3 partitions on emmc, an m.2 and the usb).
    Also it says that it “cannot find mapped device” whatever combination I give…..

Dimitrios
    Participant

when i give

“map fs1″
    it gives

” fs1 : Removable HardDisk – Alias hd19i0b blk1
    PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x15, 0x0) /usb(0x8, 0x0) /hd (1, MBR, 0x0000000000, 0x2, 0x3947b22)”
    this must be my usb stick

but when I give
    “ls fs1”
    i get
    “ls/dir: Cannot open directory fs1 – No Mapping”

Dimitrios
    Participant

never mind ….. I forgot the “:”….
    I am with stupid… lol

Dimitrios
    Participant

ANOTHER HAPPY CUSTOMER WITH UNLOCKED BIOS!!!!!!!

Tom
    Participant

Previous problem fixed… (downloaded new files from ami website…., perhaps this causes new problem?”

new problem;

I can get the afuefix64 to verify the new rom, all Ok but “rom file capsule header checking” is disabled ?

when i try to flash it using the exact same command replacing /D with /P /B it crashes…

it displays the screen you get when starting the .efi file without options/commands, but crashes on key press to next page

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Ionut
    Participant
    Hi,
    I don’t know it was a miracle :)) or simple just work. I want to share my experience maybe it help. Device: Pro 3 v6 (locked bios). I tried to flash modify bios v6 from this forum (with AFUWINGUI v5.09.04 downloaded from ami.com. After flash, I was able to see the new modify picture(Jumper logo) and that was all,  restart,  the device was bricked (black screen).
    I try all the solution: hard reset, batery removal, blind bios, hdmi cable but nothing.
    First time when the notebook started it was :”what the fuck I do”….just pressing the power button 5sec…10 sec…unplug the cable…plug it again…so on…. but I wasn’t sure what was the solution. Just work.
    So if the device work …what can I do now? ….bricked again :)) (flash again the bios …black screen) Second time I repeat all the steps but nothing happen. Then the notebook start again. The power cable was disconected but I press accidentally the touchpad and the blue led was on. Maybe someone want to try, maybe I was lucky and just pressing the touchpad isn’t the solution. I don’t try to brick this device third time :)). Good luck and sorry for my english.

Mehtevas
    Participant

Hi, do you think that the BIOS update will help me (and others) with the trouble with the kingdian ssd 2280?

Giovanni
    Participant

Hi, do you think that the BIOS update will help me (and others) with the trouble with the kingdian ssd 2280?

There is no update for the BIOS. These are only the unlocked versions

Previous problem fixed… (downloaded new files from ami website…., perhaps this causes new problem?” new problem; I can get the afuefix64 to verify the new rom, all Ok but “rom file capsule header checking” is disabled ? when i try to flash it using the exact same command replacing /D with /P /B it crashes… it displays the screen you get when starting the .efi file without options/commands, but crashes on key press to next page

Which was the previous problem?

Tom
    Participant

giovanni, the previous problem was that the .efi file wouldn’t run. It gave me an error about not an executable file etc… when i downloaded a new version from the ami website (aptio v5) it validates the new rom but when i try to flash it, it freezes…

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 500 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password