EZbook 3 Pro – How to unlock the BIOS

EZbook 3 Pro – How to unlock the BIOS

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series EZbook 3 Pro – How to unlock the BIOS

Tagged: 

This topic contains 465 replies, has 86 voices, and was last updated by  klaroman 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 466 total)
  • Author

Dejan
    Participant

Hi everyone!

Which is the extraction password for Giovanni’s tools.rar file from the first page?

thnx 🙂

Juha Pirinen
    Participant

Can you Giovanni dump the other eprom chip for me?

Sorry but I didn’t have time to do this yet. I still have kean3d laptop so don’t worry, I’ll do it for sure before sending it back 🙂

Great! I’m not in hurry, but you’re my only hope with this problem 🙂

Pascal Zinken
    Participant

Okay then

I have the 12/05/2017 version, and i am looking for the courage to flash the unlocked one……BUT

I read all pages and i saw that there are some issues with the bios remembering what drive to boot from ????

Is that still the case on the 12/05/2017 one ? If yes….then i am not gonna flash because the reason to flash the unlocked bios for me is to be able to boot from SSd…..or is there no need to flash the unlocked bios for that ???

BTW MANY MANY THANKS TO ALL CONTRIBUTORS HERE……

Pascal Zinken
    Participant

oh…..and….password on rar files ????? PLEASE

excuse my stupidity………..(psw techtablets)…..LOL….sorry again

Giovanni
    Participant

Okay then I have the 12/05/2017 version, and i am looking for the courage to flash the unlocked one……BUT I read all pages and i saw that there are some issues with the bios remembering what drive to boot from ???? Is that still the case on the 12/05/2017 one ? If yes….then i am not gonna flash because the reason to flash the unlocked bios for me is to be able to boot from SSd…..or is there no need to flash the unlocked bios for that ??? BTW MANY MANY THANKS TO ALL CONTRIBUTORS HERE……

My BIOS only unlocks the menus, no other changes

EZbook 3 Pro BIOS modder - find my work here
    If you want to tag me, my username is thegiolly

Pascal Zinken
    Participant

Thnx for the info.

I cloned my SSD and till now the laptop boots from it 😉

Hope it stays that way.

Ferelen
    Participant

Hi there, sorry for my silence, but I was away on Holiday. So the adapter was shipped from China some time last week so I’m expecting it any time soon. Will ship to you straight away once I got it. Is it still required ? I can see that some attempts to re-flash the bios chip has been already done ? 🙂

Yes, adapter still needed because the one in the photo will be shipped back to the owner next week 🙂

I’m giving up with the laptop. I paid extra for faster delivery, but now the tracking link they have provided me is not tracking at all. I believe it is probably lost in transit. Sending laptop to you and back or re-ordering the adapter will cost some extra money again. Eventually I would probably spend 40-50% of the original laptop price just to trying to repair it (I paid about £140 for this laptop). I think it’s not worth it. Will try to sell the laptop on ebay for spares and repairs. I already bough replacement Teclast F7, which has unlocked bios by default. I’m thankful for your offer to repair it, but I don’t want to waste your time anymore. If by some miracle I receive the adapter, I will send it to you anyway 😉

Eddy
    Participant

Dear All,

I have bought in January a Jumper.  It is a bios of 11/11/2017. This is the same as Zarken ( see https://techtablets.com/forum/topic/ezbook-3-pro-how-to-unlock-the-bios-2/page/12/ )  There is no option for the power limits in the bios.  The jumper has already a 240gb ssd in it from kinspec which is running perfect.

when I bought it, I already planned to do the unlocking. So based on this forum I started to unlock the bios to get change the TDP.  This went well with the perfect guide how to alter the bios. it went ok, till I got to 2.3 and 2.4 for changing the setup.bin and the amitse.bin.  the numbers are indeed different.   Who knows the solution for this?  I have attached the a pic of the bios, the rom, the setup, amitse and the the file where  setup.txt according the manual.

Is there somebody who has a solution for this.

Regards, Eddy

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Giovanni
    Participant

Dear All, I have bought in January a Jumper. It is a bios of 11/11/2017. This is the same as Zarken ( see https://techtablets.com/forum/topic/ezbook-3-pro-how-to-unlock-the-bios-2/page/12/ ) There is no option for the power limits in the bios. The jumper has already a 240gb ssd in it from kinspec which is running perfect. when I bought it, I already planned to do the unlocking. So based on this forum I started to unlock the bios to get change the TDP. This went well with the perfect guide how to alter the bios. it went ok, till I got to 2.3 and 2.4 for changing the setup.bin and the amitse.bin. the numbers are indeed different. Who knows the solution for this? I have attached the a pic of the bios, the rom, the setup, amitse and the the file where setup.txt according the manual. Is there somebody who has a solution for this. Regards, Eddy

Sorry but it’s not possible to unlock the 3L Pro.
    Or at least I don’t own one so I cannot attempt it

Ageatis
    Participant

Hi all again

after a couple of time i’m finally able to boot my mint distro from ssd (I decided to change my previuos which wasn’t recognized by bios) in dual with windows (on mmc) but now there is the second level of the game…

There is any chance to boot from SD Card?

Looking almost everywhere in bios I wasn’t able to find anything about this option and now I think this isn’t possible in any way.

Do you have some suggestion?

labik
    Participant

Does it unlock pendrive boot option as well?

Giovanni
    Participant

Should be already possible

labik
    Participant

Does anyone tried to install Win7? Drivers available?

Pascal Zinken
    Participant

It worked it worked it worked  Yes!!

Many thanks @giovanni….great work mate.

All options unlocked on 12/05/2017 bios. Unlocked tdp and the laptop is very snappie now.

Ageatis
    Participant

It was enabled since the beginning but now I would like to try to install a linux distro on SD card and boot from it.

I’m aware of all the limitation that this involve but …it’s a kind of challenge 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 466 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password