EZbook 3 Pro – How to unlock the BIOS

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series EZbook 3 Pro – How to unlock the BIOS

This topic contains 503 replies, has 106 voices, and was last updated by  Pasquale 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 504 total)
  • Author

Chupa
    Participant

you poor thing, no harm was intended.

so people have 10 watt and you have only 9.2 watt.

are all parameters the same? Same OS version, same processor power range (you know that on a waver every processor is a bit different?), same test program version, same bios version, same jumper inside components, same exact pressed copped cooler with same heat transfer pad etc etc.

and same test what was running with the same time span?

do you know what the barely acceptable pass rate is in the intel low cost processor line like the n3xx series and why so many manufacturer using the n3350 with  just 2 processors instead of the n3450 with 4 processors?  THEY COST THE SAME, HAVE THE SAME 6W TDP.

Do you know why the 14nm processors are not still being replaced by the promised even tinier ones? even they are way overdue.

Do you know why so many Apollo Lake processors are dead after a very short service life from a few months to just over a year?

Research a bit if you like to find out and you might understand a bit more.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Lukas
    Participant

Hey, thank you for this Tutorial. Unfortunately, I think I have killed my Ezbook by mistake. I wanted to re-flash the original BIOS onto my device, because every time I changed values in the unlocked one, my screen would get dim and I couldn’t do anyrhing, until unplugging the battery. So, after doing so, I had some trouble booting of my ssd, which I had windows installed on, but also where the AfuEfix64.efi file and the bios files were. after some tinkering, I got access to the drive while being in EFI-Shell. So I entered the necessary commands to verify the checksum of the original bios file. It said, that it couldn’t open the file. so I tried copying it to my usb drive and wanted to try again. But I made a mistake… I forgot to type the the parameter “/D” after the bios file…. So it started flashing immediately, instead of only checking the file. To my surprise; everything went fine! No errors, like the first time I did it, even though I didn’t use the parameters “/P” and “/D”… So, I turned the EzBook off, because why shouldn’t I. There were no errors, right? Well, something must have gone wrong, because now nothing is happening, when I press the power button. Is there any chance to save my EzBook 3 Pro? Thanks in advance! regards, Lukas

Well, I guess my problem is terminal…

Still any kind of response would have been nice 🙁

regards

Giovanni
    Participant

This is for all the users that killed their EZbook 3 Pro by flashing the BIOS.
    You need to flash the BIOS SPI flash chip (GD25LQ64) with an external programmer (such as the CH341A) and a 1.8V adapter.
    To do this you have to solder some wires directly to the motherboard. The clip that it often used with SOP8 chips won’t work because this is a WSON8.
    If you are unable to do this by yourself, you can bring the notebook to a PC or electronics repair shop specialized in hardware repairs.
    I can also do this work for you for cheap, but you have to send the notebook to me.

EZbook 3 Pro BIOS modder - find my work here
    If you want to tag me, my username is thegiolly

chen
    Participant

This Bios spi is 1.8v  But I can read and write with 3.3V(RT809F),

My computer doesn’t work,Successful Flash BIOS SPI,But it still doesn’t work now!

chen
    Participant

My God, I forgot to thank you Giovanni !

chen
    Participant

The power-on current is 320ma, and there is no response after a while.

Chupa
    Participant

I think it might be dead, Jim
    Time for a shopping spree…

So sorry about the dearly departed.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

maurizio
    Participant

Hello everyone and happy new year!
    Congratulations for all the work done so far, I have read all the pages with pleasure … I have just arrived the Ezbook 3 pro and as soon as I have a moment of time these days I want to unlock my bios 02/01/2018.The guide from point 2.5 seems feasible considering my computer skills but if someone good-hearted and willing to do a quick video guide I would feel much safer. Thanks

serge
    Participant

Hello

I have been trying to flash the BIOS but I always receive an error message like “AfuEfix64.efi is not a valid command…”. I made sure it was no typo, but no idea what else to do.

Any help?

Thanks a lot

Chupa
    Participant

use the blue key 😉

Need Help?

Tobias S
    Participant

Hey Chupa.

You wrote some time ago that jumper will release a fix early 2019 for not recognizing the ssds?

Did you find something out yet?

Greetings

lev
    Participant

i just wanna thank you good folks for sorting this out.
    i just unlocked my bios painlessly.

Federico
    Participant

Hello everyone.
    I saw the work you did and I tried to follow your guide to unlock the bios but my version dated 02/11/2018 has a setup.bin file that looks very different from the previous versions and so I don’t know been able to change it.  You could help me please. I attach a copy of my bios.

Many thanks in advance.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Simone
    Participant

Hi,

thanks for for the detailed guide, but i found my Jumper EzBook 3 Pro has BIOS date 10x 11/02/18 09:26:41, is possible unlock it?

Thanks in advanced for support.

Alberto
    Participant

Hi, i have a 737A (Ezbook clone) sold with 256GB SSD, and J3455 CPU that i’m trying to unlock.

The bios is slightly newer than yours: BIOS Date: 11/07/2018 10:07:49 Ver: 3BANS010

and it’s a pre-release (it writes EVALUATION COPY at POST)

i’m worried to flash with an older pre-unlocked revision (working with firmware since 2005 and downgrade it’s never painless without a jtag… 🙂 )

but the setup.txt and amitse are different… following your guide  it seems that everything it’s already enablet but it’s not (can’t see advanced nor chipset in menu)

can you please help me?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 504 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password