Linux on Atom based devices

Linux on Atom based devices

TechTablets Forums General General Discussion Linux on Atom based devices

This topic contains 296 replies, has 49 voices, and was last updated by  jaranya500 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 297 total)
  • Author

Goran Sevo
    Participant

Something’s wrong with these links. The tread name should read “How to Create a EFI/UEFI GRUB2 Multiboot USB drive to boot ISO images”

Jason
    Participant

Hi guys,

I don’t want to install linux but I want to change a liveCD of Linux Mint in order to use with my tablet.

Is the wifi working ? (RTL8723bs), the touchscreen (GT9110P) ?

What need I to change in the liveCD ? Kernel, and the driver of the wifi and that’s all ?

What about the driver of the touchscreen ?

Just tell me if it’s possible or not, I’ll do by myself 😉

Thank you =)

CrazyCookie
    Participant

Hi folks.

I tried to install Ubuntu 16.04 on my TBook 11, but could not partition and format the eMMC-drive. I’m getting an error message of the GPT driver about the block size being 2048 byte instead of 512 byte.

I installed just Android on the machine and wanted to use the remaining partition for Linux.

Anyone else experiencing this kind of error?

Anonymous

I’ve just uploaded one updated release of XJUbunTAB.

I’ve got to triple-boot my X98Plus, WiFi+BT working and now I’m tweaking TouchEgg so it’s easier to work with gestures in the TouchScreen.

Kernel 4.7rc1 is already out and hope to try it soon.

I’m having a busy time lately but some donations would motivate a little.

Tikilou
    Participant

I’ve just donate for Chuwi Hi10 support. 🙂

Anonymous

Thanks a lot @tikilou for your donation.

I’m finishing and almost uploading the last XJUbunTAB release with the latest Intel drivers that will make Chuwi Hi10 work fine.
    You just need to install this ppa:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:oibaf/graphics-drivers
    sudo apt update
    sudo apt upgrade

Theare are scripts/icons to manually rotate but auto-rotation needs to be patched still in kernel.

In this release I’ve also included touchegg-gce to configure touch gestures in a GUI.

I’ve also included the last SMPlayer with “Tablet mode” and solved a bug with onboard and gksu:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:rvm/testing
    sudo apt update
    sudo apt install smplayer smplayer-skins smtube

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1246452

Tonight or tomorrow morning it should be uploaded.

Andrew W
    Participant

Android x86 project?

http://www.android-x86.org

Has anyone tried to take an Android 6.0 image and install it on their device? or Remix OS for that matter?

Anonymous

Please try the last XJUbunTAB 16.06.10T

I’ve done some changes in the PPI and the panel, hope you find it useful. Now you can work with Retina resolution with no problems.

There is a bug in touchegg and xfce that you can’t click close/maximize/minimize buttons on the windows if touchegg is active. If someone finds some workaround I’d be very grateful. In the meantime I’ve added those buttons in the panel and it’s very handy for tablet use.
    With touchegg and the new PPI I really can say XFCE is touch-ready, even more than Unity because you can customize the panels, gestures, etc.

If it doesn’t boot on you tablets, you might need to press “e” in the Grub menu and add this after “quiet splash”:
    fbcon=rotate:1 i915.modeset=1 vt.handoff=7 acpi_backlight=intel intel_idle.max_cstate=1

More useful hints for HiDPI here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/HiDPI

BBaker
    Participant

@jesus, you need to put a bitcoin payment address on your website so people who don’t use Paypal can tip you.

Anonymous

Thanks for the “tip” @Bradley , but what service/web do you recommend to do that? Can you show me some example?

Super
    Participant

Hi Xjesus,

I installed the graphic drivers as you suggested on a Chuwi Hi10 (single boot version, February BIOS) and it still doesn’t work without using the nomodeset option at boot.

I guess they will work on the latest dual boot version, but with that version Ubuntu already works out of the box.

Super
    Participant

Hi Xjesus, I installed the graphic drivers as you suggested on a Chuwi Hi10 (single boot version, February BIOS) and it still doesn’t work without using the nomodeset option at boot. I guess they will work on the latest dual boot version, but with that version Ubuntu already works out of the box.

Note for Chuwi Hi10 owners: if in your BIOS settings you see Microcode Patch 35e (see attachment image_1.jpg) you will not be able to boot Linux with the i915 drivers activated.

From what I understand this happens because our BIOS version doesn’t allow linux to access the GPU and the DRM (thanks zak for the explanation, check attachment image_2.jpg).

I guess it is very difficult to proceed until Chuwi releases a firmware/BIOS update…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

ausername
    Participant

Hi,

I’m new to the linux-on-atom-tablet scene and I have a few newbie questions:

1) @jesus mentioned touchegg a number of times in connection with his xjbuntab distro.  Does that mean touch screen now work?  And screen rotation? (with @jesus‘ buttons etc)

2)  Do any of the linux-on-atom tablet have working active stylus + palm rejection?  I need this strictly for notes taking (xournal) so pressure sensitivity is a non-issue for me.

3) The model I’m most interested in is the chuwi hi12, which is supposed to have similar hardware as the hi10 (except for the larger screen).  Does anyone have any experience with linux on the hi12?

Thanks for your help!

Anonymous

Somewhat off topic but I was just reading about the new ARM A73 based processors to arrive in 2017.  They are reportedly 30% more powerful and better battery life than the previous A72 version. Win, win. And these should be the cheaper chips coming from Mediatek and Hisilicon.  Hopefully we will see these in nice performing tablets that are cheap. Now, will any of the new Linux flavors (Linux Mint 18, Linux Lite 3.0, Ubuntu Mate 16.04, Lubuntu/Xubuntu) run on them?  That would be sweat.
    Am I right that these ARM devices are often better supported on Linux than the Intel Atoms?

ARM Cortex-A73 core and Mali-G71 GPU target mobile VR

Anonymous

Thanks for the “tip” @Bradley , but what service/web do you recommend to do that? Can you show me some example?

read up on it here. A good place to start.  https://blockchain.info/wallet/support-pages

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 297 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password