My cube I9 is on its way

My cube I9 is on its way

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i9 Forum My cube I9 is on its way

This topic contains 108 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  Chris G 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 109 total)
  • Author

Ryan
    Participant

I was expecting better gaming performance than the i7 stylus but it seems this isn’t the case? I’m tempted to get a i7 stylus now. Do you think they’ll do a big drop soon?

Kyaputen Katsura
    Participant

@alxboz yes i have tried 2 x usb 3 portable hard drives and both power up fine and using the usb 3 port works fine. I have also tried it in the usb type c port in my hub and that powers it fine too it transferred at around 100 meg a sec

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your early impression about this Cube i9, this will help potential buyer like miself! Nice to see that both USB 3.0 and type C 3.1 are working fine. Can you tell when using type C to hdmi if the cube can output 1080p 60fps or higher?

Also I was wondering if you could check the screen model/tipe this cube is using: you should see it on the peripheral device panel.

Thanks

Alex
    Participant

Thanks @kurpter for the comments. I told my friend about it and he decided to give this Cube i9 a shot, he ordered from Taobao China and was told shipping in 2 weeks together with the official keyboard, price is RMB$ 2999 with the keyboard.

Chris G
    Keymaster

I was expecting better gaming performance than the i7 stylus but it seems this isn’t the case? I’m tempted to get a i7 stylus now. Do you think they’ll do a big drop soon?

Maybe, hard to say it could be due to thermals it doesn’t game as well the 6Y30 or the settings used in the games tested. BG has just dropped the price again on the i7 stylus to $284. It’s on this 20% off page http://www.banggood.com/collection-156.html

The 6Y30 should game well, at least it did on my Surface Pro 4 M3, I’ll have to see when my i9 arrives.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast X6 Pro, X4 and UMIDIGI S3 Pro
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

scott
    Participant

@kyaputenkatsura using type C to hdmi the cube output 1080p 60fps but that might be due to my TV. When i get home tomorrow, i will out put it to another tv or higher spec and see what that comes out at.

The screen panel is from what it says on the sensors are = 1920 x 1200 263 x 164mm pixel clock 147mhz
    monitor hardware ID – KDC0000
    max vertical size 16cm
    Max Horizontal size 26cm

scott
    Participant

@chris Its strange as ive not seen it go over 80’c and when doing the hardware tests, 106’c is when the system see’s its too hot.but ive not hit 80 on most games. there is over clocking options in the bios, will put some screen shots up soon

scott
    Participant

Bios

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Chris G
    Keymaster

My type cover keyboard just shipped 🙂

Price has now dropped to $64, I paid $70 🙁

Cube-i9-Keyboard-1

Attachments:

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

Keshon83
    Participant

@scott may I ask you to take a shot of a black screen with maximum brightness? I would like to know if quality of i9 has improved over i7 in terms of edge bleeding.

scott
    Participant

@scott may I ask you to take a shot of a black screen with maximum brightness? I would like to know if quality of i9 has improved over i7 in terms of edge bleeding.

Here you go

Attachments:

Keshon83
    Participant

@scott thanks man! As far as I can see the edge bleeding  is similar to cube i7 but I bet it doesn’t bother you on normal brightness level.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Finally got hold of mine yesterday. First impressions are here: http://techtablets.com/2016/03/cube-i9-unboxing-hands/

So far so good, but I think when charging it I hear some noise on the left speaker. Do you have this @kurpter ?

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Chris G
    Keymaster

@scott thanks man! As far as I can see the edge bleeding is similar to cube i7 but I bet it doesn’t bother you on normal brightness level.

Backlight bleed is minimal on mine, normally it’s not a problem on non-laminated displays. My SP4 is far, far worse than my I9.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Anonymous

Hi chaps! Thanks for your review; it’s helped me to shed another few hundred euros I wasn’t expecting to use on anything useful like food or similar irrelevances.

Just a quick question though… I heard that these tablets all use somewhat shady versions of Windows on them, and in Chinese. Do I need to format and reinstall to get a ‘genuine’ copy of Windows, and in English, or is this something I can do in settings? Or is the version of Windows fine?

If reinstall, did you manage to get hold of the drivers? I can’t see any on the cube site; I’m guessing this is because it’s pretty new.

Thanks guys! First ever Chinese tablet order, so hopefully that wasn’t a daft question.

E: @kurpter- thanks for the reply!

Keshon83
    Participant

@scott thanks man! As far as I can see the edge bleeding is similar to cube i7 but I bet it doesn’t bother you on normal brightness level.

Backlight bleed is minimal on mine, normally it’s not a problem on non-laminated displays. My SP4 is far, far worse than my I9.

Would be nice if you cover that subject with comparison of SP4 and Hi12 in a final review.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 109 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password