My cube I9 is on its way

My cube I9 is on its way

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i9 Forum My cube I9 is on its way

This topic contains 108 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  Chris G 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 109 total)
  • Author

scott
    Participant

@googleuser53

Hi there,

I dont even see the light bleeds, i only saw it when you asked for the screen shots. In videos and games, you do not see this.

scott
    Participant

@chris I dont get this speaker buzz sound you were talking about. The interesting thing i have noticed is the difference in bench mark scores we get (not loads but some are far enough).

@cheesypeas As for windows activation, My version is activated and fine

@chris but (but i dd do a reset straight away which in turn might have killed my driver for the wifi which your version is running 150mb and mines only 75mb

I have a usb c hub with 3 usb ports on and a lan socket and this powers up my tablet, and powers up my ext HDD with no problem too.

Chris G
    Keymaster

How different are the scores? I’ve noticed they will always differ a little and that will depend on many factors like time between tests and if your charging or not.

I can’t seem to here the buzz on the speaker now. it’s odd as if it’s gone now. But I can’t access any of my 64GB Microsd’s on it. Reboot or not only my 16GB card works.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast X6 Pro, X4 and UMIDIGI S3 Pro
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

scott
    Participant

@chris I mean your scores to my bench mark scores.

MY 128 gig card has been ok for about 1 week, its not had an issue where i have to eject and then put it back in again, but today it did it again… Its just annoying because i have to point steam to the download folder again.

One thing i did notice @chris the battery bar app doesnt seem to take in to account the 2nd battery cell. if you look at the battery bar stat and then look at the windows battery icon, the timings are very different.

JR
    Participant

@kurpter Are you using an SD card as storage for games? If so, how fast are the speeds to it ?

shlomi
    Participant

Hi Scott

The spec look impressive.

1. What about the display quality: contrast, viewing angle, reflections?
    2. the case quality: what material used for the back, aluminum or plastic ?
    3. the touch-panel: made from some kind of glass (like gorilla glass) or simple plastic?

Thanks

Anonymous

Probably getting ahead of myself, but given the probable aluminium sheet and thermal pad on the cpu job that’s expected inside it, I guess there would be mileage in fixing some shims in with thermal adhesive, and popping a pad on top like you did with the Teclast? Any chance of a tear down vid for those of us about to get theirs? 😉

E: vvvv Thank you, you’re a gent!

Chris G
    Keymaster

It’s exactly the same as the i7 Stylus, an aluminum heat spreader and a large thermal pad. I’ve just opened up mine and will have a video of it. Not sure if I’ll mod it. Maybe some new thermal paste I have some IC Diamond 7 laying around and new larger thermal pads on the top.

It’s easy to open, I’ll explain it in the video. But you remove the T4 Torx screws on the back (6 of them) and then I used a plastic tool and credit card to open it from around the volume and power buttons. And moved to the sides.

There is definitely room to improve the thermals. A large copper shim should do wonders here. It lowers the Atom’s a good 20 degrees on some of them. But that’s not going to help with the power limiting.

The bios is completely unlocked, so we should be able to increase the power limits and stop some of the power limiting when gaming etc. But I have no experience with this and not sure where to begin.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

Chris G
    Keymaster

Here’s the internals. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwD7hPK9Njo

So bad news, looking around in the bios I looked at the flash menu expecting a secondary menu. But instead the stupid bios just wiped and flashed nothing. Bricking my Cube i9…So now I have a 500 euro brick great (I didn’t get it at the $399 sale price). So no more on this tablet from me unfortunately, unless it can be fixed. I have no idea how to recover from this as the bios chip as my USB programmer will not connect to or give contact.

I’ll have a heatsink mod video up soon. Just before I bricked it I added a copper shim and it reduced temps by around 20 degrees. Max temps where like the Surface Pro 4 M3 and new benchmarks resulted in a small boost that saw Surface Pro 4 M3 geekbench and 3dmark ice storm 1.2 level scores.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Bonnom
    Participant

The linus method off cooling the core m3-6y30 with the macbook 2015

Anonymous

Ouch, very sorry to hear that, that’s harsh. I can’t believe it wipes with no comeback!

Certainly looking forward to the mod vide, as I have copper and pads (0.5mm though) I hopefully can turn to the purpose of Surfacizing it.

Sorry for your bricking; hope you manage to fiddle it back to life!

… Also, good lord Linus, you could’ve just used some bloody copper n’ paste …

scott
    Participant

@chris and everyone else, come on peeps let’s help Chris out here, I have a working I9, is there a bios dump/ system dump I can do to image across to him?

Just let meet know what needs to be done and I can do it. im sure there is a techie our there that can help

Chris G
    Keymaster

I’ve got it open again the issue is none of my clips can connect to the super low bios chip and get connect with the 8 pins. I tried for hours and no luck to flash a bios bin to it.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

scott
    Participant

@chris there isn’t anything on the bios website to help, they have a utility on there =  https://ami.com/support/bios-uefi-firmware-support/

Chris G
    Keymaster

Thanks nothing there useful I think. But I wonder if I can do a blind flash. Using an AMI bios recovery tool. I’m really stuck here as I don’t know of anyone that can remove the chip for me, and flash it then solder it back into the tablet.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 109 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password