Onda V10 Pro – Google Play Services Update Error

Onda V10 Pro – Google Play Services Update Error

TechTablets Forums Onda Forums Onda General Discussion Onda V10 Pro – Google Play Services Update Error

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    Chris O.
    Participant

Just got one of these.  Google Play Services errors out when being updated to the current version.  It looks to be a rights issue.  I’ve manually gotten it updated as far as 11.3 but any further causes an error.

Bruce
    Participant

Did you get this sorted? I figured mine out and tried to post a guide for you as a reply here, but it vanished. No doubt because it was my first post and included links.

I did however keep a copy of my reply as I guessed something like that might happen, so if you’re still stuck with no working play store send me a pm.

George Roch
    Participant

I just received mine, and am getting the same error.  I cannot open Chrome until services is updated.  Current version is 9.8.79 (440-137224771). Help would be much appreciated.

George Roch
    Participant

I figured out how to upgrade GP Services manually to 11.0 as described above.   11.0 is the latest full release, the more recent betas would not install.

Here is the one that worked for me:  11.0.55 (440-156917137).   Link to APK to download.

And, Link to the technical way to do it.

This version is fine for Chrome Browser operation.    I am still getting a -501 error trying to install Google Search, but everything else works so far.

Chris O.
    Participant
    • <i>Thanks George.   If  you check out PhoenixOS.com, the Google Play Services Errors is a known issue.  They released a fix for the Android 7 version running on the Nexus tablet and indicated fixes for other supported platforms ‘are forthcoming’.  Hopefully this includes the V10 Pro</i>
    Jack Wilson
    Participant

You can download latest apk for your android mobile from here. it will work 100 %

George Roch
    Participant

You can download latest apk for your android mobile from here. it will work 100 %

Did not install for me with firmware 1.0.3_V5 4/64GB dual Phoenix/Android boot.

Chris O.
    Participant

Jack is incorrect.  Use George’s instructions.  An APK will not fix this problem.  It requires a patch from the OS provider.

George Roch
    Participant

There appears to be a new firmware v1.0.4 for the V10 Pro that fixes Google Play access errors.  Sadly, I am too incompetent to figure out how to download it.

The English translation of the Onda webpage is at this LINK.   When I hit the download button on this page it errors.

The original Chinese version of the page is at this Link.

It does not error, but I cannot yet navigate the Download page to get the firmware.

I found the firmware discussed here.   Where once again the links do not work for me.

Chris O.
    Participant

Downloading firmware 1.0.4 was quite an experience, so I put it on my share here for you to download.

This firmware was supposed to correct the Google Play Services Update Error, but all it really allows you to do is install a version that’s a little more recent.

Instructions to install:

Note: The firmware upgrade will completely wipe your tablet.  This firmware works on both the 2/32GB and 4/64GB models.

-Download “V10 Pro_V1.0.4_V5_20170804.rar” onto your PC
    -Extract it to it’s own folder (you may need to download and install WinRAR to do this)
    -In the extracted folder, run “flash_tool.exe” by double clicking on it.
    -Click OK on the warning message.
    -Click “choose” to select the Scatter Loading file
    -Navigate to the Firmware folder and choose “MT8173_Android_scatter.txt”
    -Once the Scatter file loads, Click the “Download” button
    -If your V10 Pro is on, shut it down and power it OFF
    -Now, plug your POWERED OFF V10 Pro into your computer’s USB Port
    -The firmware will automatically download.
    -That’s it.,  Disconnect and power the V10 Pro up

Please let me know if you have any difficulty.  Unfortunately, my V10 Pro did not survive a recent drop, so I can’t check this process for errors until a replacement arrives.

George Roch
    Participant

Chris,

You da man. Thank you. I had after much difficulty downloaded the firmware on my own, but had no idea what to do with it.  Your hosted version also seems more complete than the one I had.

Good news, this updated me to version 1.0.4v5.  I did have to power up the tablet after connecting to USB for the download to start.

Bad news, this did not solve the GPS 501 error.  I still had to update manually and could only get as recent as v 11.0.56 (440 varient).  So no help there.

Tom
    Participant

Hi all,

I manage to gain root access and updated Google Play Services that way. Even then it was still a bit of a chore and took me a while to work out what to do, but manage to update to 11.7.44.

for root I basically followed the intructions at

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=819301&st=80#entry64752617

Hope this helps.

Chris O.
    Participant

Root access would definitely fix the problem.  Can anyone confirm that my firmware download was in fact, the correct one.  If you go to into the settings menu and About Tablet, it should tell you the firmware version.

George Roch
    Participant

From my previous post: Good news, this updated me to version  V1.0.4_v5.

Plus: Kernel 3.18.19+ Mon Aug 7

Discussion on the Phoenix OS site seems to put the blame there, with Phoenix 1.2.0   The suggestion is that unless this is updated to Phoenix 2, the problem will persist.

Chris O.
    Participant

Huh.  Gotta love the Chinese.  Thanks George

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar